Tig
    Valar Morghulis

Gov't Mule & Warren Haynes, or Where have I been?

OK, I was never a huge Allman Brothers Band fan. Duane was brilliant, but most Southern rock (.38 Special, Lynyrd) makes me ill. However, my renewed interest in blues and blues rock has opened a few doors that I passed up before. Reading the Allman Brothers Band article in Guitar World recently and the Guitar Player interview with Derek Trucks has opened my eyes and ears. Some say that Derek (nephew of Butch Trucks, one of the original Allman Brothers Band founding musicians) plays like Duane might have if he didn't die at the age of 24.

I've enjoyed a few Gov't Mule tracks before, but after digging in deeper, I've discovered the beautiful guitar work of Warren Haynes. Better late than nevah.

I bet Gut might have something to contribute, but he's obviously preoccupied...

Last edited by Tig; 05-14-2009 at 09:09 AM.
    Many people are alive only because it's illegal to shoot them.

It's all ball bearings
    I saw'm on New Year's eve in NYC. *interesting* show. It was about 85% tribute to Seattle grunge, so pretty much all the songs were Nirvana, Sound Garden, Pearl Jam, etc. covers. Not my favorite genre of music, so it kind of spoiled the show for me. But yeah, Warren is a legend.