Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve98501 View Post
    I was wondering what happened in post-game Philly. Before the game I'd heard that fans would burn down the town if the Eagles won. I rooted for the Eagles anyway, coming from a "any team but NE" perspective, and just hoped that the town would survive the fire.
    I speak for most of us philly fans when I say we woke Monday morning to disappointment that most of philly escaped total destruction. I thought our fans were more dedicated than that. Only one car flipped, and only three arrests? Come on, guys.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve98501 View Post
    I was wondering what happened in post-game Philly. Before the game I'd heard that fans would burn down the town if the Eagles won. I rooted for the Eagles anyway, coming from a "any team but NE" perspective, and just hoped that the town would survive the fire.
    It was pretty good by Philly standards. Only one car flipped over, some store windows smashed, some looting and some light poles damaged (the greasing was not fully successful). There were only 3 arrests (compared to 6 in Boston) but that may just reflect the sensible approach by Philly police to not be over-zealous lest it escalate. The parade is Thursday so there is another opportunity for drunken shenanigans

Custom Title= ?

Quote Originally Posted by pmf View Post
    ... I can't stand Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen. Two beautiful people who just need to jump off a cliff.
    On the scale of Most Punchable Face, Tom Brady falls somewhere between Ted Cruz and Martin Shkreli.
    Qh6+!!

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Here's an item from the "What Were They Thinking?" department:

Before the 2017 season began, bud light brewer promised free bud light for philly if the eagles won the superbowl. I'm sure they were all like "Yeah, right... the eagles will win superbowl... not!!" at the time they made the bet.

Fast forward to today, parade day...

"Two dozen" bars along the parade route, which stretches for miles and miles, from south philly to the art musuem (rocky steps)... will be giving out free bud light.

Philly feting 1st Super Bowl title with parade | Daily Mail Online

What could possibly go wrong?

Last edited by SPlKE; 02-08-2018 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Correction: I thought it was all the bars. It's only 2 dozen bars, according to the daily mail

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    Here's an item from the "What Were They Thinking?" department:

Before the 2017 season began, bud light brewer promised free bud light for philly if the eagles won the superbowl. I'm sure they were all like "Yeah, right... the eagles will win superbowl... not!!" at the time they made the bet.

Fast forward to today, parade day...

"Two dozen" bars along the parade route, which stretches for miles and miles, from south philly to the art musuem (rocky steps)... will be giving out free bud light.

Philly feting 1st Super Bowl title with parade | Daily Mail Online

What could possibly go wrong?

I have some family members at the parade today. At 8am they reported lots of drinking (including themselves). I think maybe the city should set up a bunch of junk cars along the route for fans to flip over and start on fire, thus saving residents cars from destruction.

Fake President
    Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12