Thread: Hardcore Pawn

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010

Hardcore Pawn

I just turned it on because I needed some late-nite entertainment. This is a weird phase, it's a little late to start programming but a little early to start reading.

I've been watching Pawn Stars with my father for the last few nights, so I figured I'd check out Hardcore Pawn.

Am I the only one who thinks this show is trashy and stupid?

After watching for ten minutes it had been nothing but people with lots of facial tattoos cusing at each other. I decided to commit and finish watching the episode, and I can definitely say that I'll never intentionally watch it again.

Also, what's up with these auction callers on the storage unit shows? All they're saying is "$100, abadu abadu abadu, $200, blabudu blabudu blabudu, $300, abadu abadu abadu." Someone should tell them that they sound like idiots and that there is no skill involved in yelling gibberish and mumbling.

Apparently I'm feeling judgmental tonight. Maybe I should just turn the channel.
    Cannondale Scalpel 1
    Haro Ally SS 29er

I need a road bike!

Anphaque II
    Aug 2010
    I saw the hardcore Pawn commercial. It looks nothing more than an intentional reality soap opera .

No thank you.
    America's greatest threat: Congressional liberal Democrats

Crimes Against Humanity: The History of The Democrat Party

Winner!
    Jan 2012
    This and many many reality shows is why i don't watch tv anymore

DVR and netflix is your friend

Frog Whisperer
    I am not particularly fond of reality
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right......

RoadBikeReview Member
    I can only handle one version of each type of show. Pawn Stars is fine and interesting; Hardcore Pawn is just an attempt to draw in the WWE marketshare IMO- those who would find Pawn Stars too "Antiques-Roadshow"-like.

If you want trashy tattooed people cursing at each other, there's always NY Ink or LA Ink. Gave those a shot and wasn't my thing.

Rep *****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    Tags: Truckstop Honeys, Becky Beadle, Subaru, 12" stroke, The moon, 10 grams, Beet Smoothie
    <--It aint gonna rep itself. Hit me

Fecal indicator
    the clone wars are amazing....Pawn Stars, Hardcore Pawn, Cajun Pawn...Storage Wars, Texas Storage Wars...American Hoggers, Lady Hoggers...ad nauseum.

the sheer laziness displayed by producing the same show multiple times tells you how stupid tv execs think the average viewer is...

sad part is that they're right.
    eff all y'all...

On the wrong floor again
    I read that title as Hardcore Pron. I was a bit disappointed when I came in.

Oh well.
    "I swear to god, if you wreck this airplane I'll help you pay the deductable but I'm not touching the yoke again"

Quote Originally Posted by Qstick333 View Post
    I just got an email from her saying..."don't worry, they were store bought. a$$hole."
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Rouge View Post
    Indeed it is. Nothing left of the horse but a sun-bleached skeleton, and still the beating goes on.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    I can only handle one version of each type of show. Pawn Stars is fine and interesting; Hardcore Pawn is just an attempt to draw in the WWE marketshare IMO- those who would find Pawn Stars too "Antiques-Roadshow"-like.

If you want trashy tattooed people cursing at each other, there's always NY Ink or LA Ink. Gave those a shot and wasn't my thing.

You said it. The BBC has a lot to answer for:

[IMG][/IMG]
    There's sometimes a buggy.
    How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
    and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

Good news everyone!
    Most reality TV sucks but I like the ones where they talk to eclectic folks who collect junk, American Pickers, as well as some of the storage unit shows. There's not much drama and I enjoy getting a good deal on stuff and seeing what other people collect.

I drank what?
    Saw hardcore pawn once as well. Yeah, it was pretty awful. Don't really watch most reality TV.

Although I do watch Storage Wars on DVR so I can fast forward through most of the show just to see what they pull out of the lockers. Occasionally will watch Pawn Stars, yeah I fast forward through most of that as well unless they're bring in something interesting. Same with American Pickers. Pretty much can get through both those shows in 15 mins.
    q_and_a - "I don't really have an appropriate response for this situation" so you'll have to wait 30 seconds for a reply

waterproof*
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    if anybody wonders why T0G has so many green dots, here's one example.
    * posted by Creakybot 2013 all rights reserved.
    * not actually waterproof.

waterproof*
    my latest guilty pleasure is "Finding Bigfoot"

Finding Bigfoot : Animal Planet : Animal Planet

I just love to yell at the tv, as these bafoons wander in the woods, immediately assuming that any random noise or roughed up tree bark is "a 'squatch"

The best parts are when they show up in some small town with a tv crew, call a town hall meeting, with tv cameras rolling... and say "raise your hand if you've ever seen a bigfoot"

Translation: raise your hand if you want to be on tv.

Then they are stunned when half the crowd raises their hands. "Gee Bobo, there must be tons of squatches in these woods... who knew?"
    * posted by Creakybot 2013 all rights reserved.
    * not actually waterproof.

Sticky Valentine
    I've never seen Hardcore Pawn, but when my back was injured this weekend and I was laid up for two and a half days straight I watched two seasons of pawn Stars on NetFlix. it was kind of addicting.

I want to see an "Adventures of Old Man and Chumlee" spin off.

joe
    'They say gold paint on the palace gates comes from the teeth of pensioners
    They're so tired of shooting protest singers that they hardly mention us
    While fountains fill with second-hand perfume and sodden trading stamps
    They'll hang the bullies and the louts that dampen down the day" - EC

is super good looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees View Post

I just love to yell at the tv, as these bafoons wander in the woods, immediately assuming that any random noise or roughed up tree bark is "a 'squatch"

The best parts are when they show up in some small town with a tv crew, call a town hall meeting, with tv cameras rolling... and say "raise your hand if you've ever seen a bigfoot"

Then they are stunned when half the crowd raises their hands. "Gee Bobo, there must be tons of squatches in these woods... who knew?"
    Every one knows big foot was taken to its home planet by aliens thousands of years ago. Every one knows.

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

+1 -- It's even better than Ancient Aliens. Plus there's the additional perk that it scares my kids "Dad, are there Big Foots in Virginia?" If half that show is true, they're everywhere.

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by firstrax View Post
    gawd she was so fricking hot.............
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right......

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox View Post
    the clone wars are amazing....Pawn Stars, Hardcore Pawn, Cajun Pawn...Storage Wars, Texas Storage Wars...American Hoggers, Lady Hoggers...ad nauseum.
    I had no idea it was that bad. Maybe I should check out the TV guide for a laugh. I guess I'm starting to realize why I typically stick the Netflix and other forms of online streaming.

Yeah, those aways entertain me. Not the content of the show, but the people that just want to be on TV. Hey, can ya blame 'em?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeDaddio View Post
    I've never seen Hardcore Pawn, but when my back was injured this weekend and I was laid up for two and a half days straight I watched two seasons of pawn Stars on NetFlix. it was kind of addicting.
    It is somewhat addicting. Almost makes me want to go watch Antiques Roadshow. Almost.
    Cannondale Scalpel 1
    Haro Ally SS 29er

I need a road bike!