Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie View Post
    it's a dry heat though
    Stats are meaningless without humidity figures, especially for temps below 102 F. Use the same coefficient applied to the correlation of 'is she too young to date'?: (n/2)+7, where n=age of prospective date (or current temp in Farenheit), and the product equals the youngest socially acceptable age of your date, or the minimum corresponding humidity of your ride which can be considered at least 'bad ass' in some c. For example, if temp =100 degrees, if humidity isn't at least 57 pct you can't toot your horn - you're riding in dry heat. In the Southeast, we typically see temps of 90 degrees, meaning our HTFU coefficient is 52, but we typically have 80% humidity. Way above our HTFU coefficient.

Or for you perverts, if n= your age, say 50 yrs, then the lower limit of the age of a girl you can date is 32. I think that also means that if your at least 50 yrs old and not riding in 32 percent humidity, you're lacking. Do the math.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by spdntrxi View Post
    East Bay... hotness... 103 Sat 106 Sunday 103 today... This coastal beach bum can't handle this heat very well.
    Yeah, I moved to the East Bay from the West Side of LA where it was 75 almost all the time, I get real cranky during the summer now.

( I did my time in the New England summer humidity/ cold winters too)

Not Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ogre View Post
    Stats are meaningless without humidity figures, especially for temps below 102 F. Use the same coefficient applied to the correlation of 'is she too young to date'?: (n/2)+7, where n=age of prospective date (or current temp in Farenheit), and the product equals the youngest socially acceptable age of your date, or the minimum corresponding humidity of your ride which can be considered at least 'bad ass' in some c. For example, if temp =100 degrees, if humidity isn't at least 57 pct you can't toot your horn - you're riding in dry heat. In the Southeast, we typically see temps of 90 degrees, meaning our HTFU coefficient is 52, but we typically have 80% humidity. Way above our HTFU coefficient.

Or for you perverts, if n= your age, say 50 yrs, then the lower limit of the age of a girl you can date is 32. I think that also means that if your at least 50 yrs old and not riding in 32 percent humidity, you're lacking. Do the math.
    I grew up in dry heat summers. I will take 105 in those places any time over 90- 95 in Houston
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

Cat 6
    Seems that Friday might be surface of the sun type weather...
    Forecasters expect Fairfield to reach 112 degrees Fahrenheit, Concord 113 degrees Fahrenheit, San Jose 101 degrees Fahrenheit, Santa Cruz 91 degrees Fahrenheit, Half Moon Bay 86 degrees Fahrenheit and San Francisco 84 degrees Fahrenheit. At 115 degrees Fahrenheit, Livermore will tie its all-time record that was set in 1950, the National Weather Service said.
    Last edited by chuckice; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:05 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013
    I'm looking at a 109 Friday and 107 Saturday... I'll be riding pre-dawn I think when it's mid 70's

take on me
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckice View Post
    Seems that Friday might be surface of the sun type weather...
    Tell me about it. Late Friday afternoon, I'm going to an outdoor wedding in the East Bay.

Forecast temp is 106 degrees at the time of the ceremony. And I'll be in a suit and tie, along with all the other dudes.

My cousin's a great gal, but she could not have made a worse choice of venue had she tried.

There's also a massive traffic jam getting there, since it's Friday on Labor Day weekend, and the Bay Area basically empties out.
    System: Fake news?? Trump is a Fake President™, for god's sake.

Monk: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

EJ Dionne: Modern-day conservatism isn't conservatism. It's reaction rooted in deep pessimism that isn't in keeping with the American character.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Tell me about it. Late Friday afternoon, I'm going to an outdoor wedding in the East Bay.

Forecast temp is 106 degrees at the time of the ceremony. And I'll be in a suit and tie, along with all the other dudes.

My cousin's a great gal, but she could not have made a worse choice of venue had she tried.

There's also a massive traffic jam getting there, since it's Friday on Labor Day weekend, and the Bay Area basically empties out.
    Sounds like you'll be in my neck of the woods. Is the wedding at a vineyard / winery?

Cat 6

Good lord...outside wedding + summer + suit/tie....ouch.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2001
    I'm leaving Sunday from south Puget Sound, WA heading to Mammoth, CA. My daughter said I will probably encounter some smoke along the route. Anything else I should be aware of? Intending to head into the high country and find some cooler temps, we think.

take on me
    Quote Originally Posted by TimV View Post
    Sounds like you'll be in my neck of the woods. Is the wedding at a vineyard / winery?
    Of course. It's the new 'thing'... like the last 3 weddings i've been to have been at vineyards.

Monk: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

EJ Dionne: Modern-day conservatism isn't conservatism. It's reaction rooted in deep pessimism that isn't in keeping with the American character.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    I'm looking at a 109 Friday and 107 Saturday... I'll be riding pre-dawn I think when it's mid 70's
    That's Great !.

But where the f**k are you ?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve B. View Post
    That's Great !.

But where the f**k are you ?
    the SF Bay Area

Oh and it's 113 and 110 now.. for Friday/Sat... holy hell... I don't care to tell all you F**kers where I live.. East Bay though.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2011
    the SF Bay Area

Oh and it's 113 and 110 now.. for Friday/Sat... holy hell... I don't care to tell all you F**kers where I live.. East Bay though.

Well apparently you're in my neighborhood...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve98501 View Post
    I'm leaving Sunday from south Puget Sound, WA heading to Mammoth, CA. My daughter said I will probably encounter some smoke along the route. Anything else I should be aware of? Intending to head into the high country and find some cooler temps, we think.
    There are some fun descents from the eastern Sierra down to 395, e.g. from Tioga Pass.

Not Banned
    we have high heat and humidity here in Sandy Eggo. Been tough all week and getting tougher today
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

DBT
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2008
    the SF Bay Area

Forecast for a chilly 102 in my corner of the Bay.

Cat 6
    96 in SF...end of times.

edit....
    SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — San Francisco broke its all-time record high Friday.

At 2:43 p.m., the National Weather Service says the city hit 104 degrees.

The last time downtown San Francisco reached 100 degrees was on June 14, 2000 when it hit 103 degrees, which was the city’s all-time record high until today.

Records for Downtown San Francisco, California date back to June of 1874, according to the NWS.

Click here for the list of the hottest temperatures recorded in the Bay Area so far

The NWS issued an Excessive Heat Warning for the entire San Francisco Bay Area.

Officials are reminding residents to stay safe during the heat wave.

Don’t leave kids or pets in vehicles, drink plenty of fluids and limit outdoor strenuous activities during the hottest time of day.
    Last edited by chuckice; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:53 PM.

take on me
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckice View Post
    Good lord...outside wedding + summer + suit/tie....ouch.
    Well, I did it. It was... terrible.

I mean, great ceremony, great couple. But the weather really fuxxored a lot of the enjoyment out of it.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2015

I mean, great ceremony, great couple. But the weather really fuxxored a lot of the enjoyment out of it.
    Ugh, who plans an outdoor wedding in the Bay Area in September through mid-October? I don't think the Bay Area has skipped an Indian Summer in my 37-years here.

Cat 6

I can't imagine being outdoors yesterday. That's unbelievable. Had to be 110.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013

Cant imagine... I got married evening wedding in Walnut Creek.. it was mid 80's.. that was more then enough for me.

Cat 6
    Make it stop.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013
    SF = 106 is disgusting

take on me
    SF = 106 is disgusting
    Yup. Global warming sucks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Stinson Beach
    So I tuned the Larrivee, drop D, then DADGAD.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast