Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Le Misérable
    Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    I have pictures of hell.

Nice Powerpuff girl.

I'm a Buttercup man, myself...
    C'est dommage que je sois un ignorant, car je vous citerais une foule de choses ; mais je ne sais rien.

--Hugo

Living in France, le blog

Uw zadel is niet waterpas
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees View Post
    1. walk away and leave it
    2. dumpster out back
    3. auction for your retirement party
    4. pelt various managerial types viciously, as you walk out on the last day
    5. make a big pile in basement, light
    6. interoffice mail. "official use only" of course. to the capital of every nation.
    7. wander the halls, hiding pieces in random cubes and cabinets
    8. call Goodwill for a big pickup... give only the bldg address, say "take it all"
    9. have an intern or underling carefully box it all up while barking orders irritably. Then have her put it in the dumpster out back
    10. sneak into the server room. disconnect random cables, leaving cutesy stuffed tchotchke animals nearby.
    11. last day = "everything's a frisbee" day.
    This.

Err...these.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Okay it's an office, Ms. High-Falootin'. If you have a door you can shut, then it's one of the better neighborhoods in Hell.

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    I have pictures of hell.
    Wow...eerily similar to my pictures of Hell...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hell: Does It Exist, And If So, What Does It Look Like?-2012-02-23_08-51-11_621.jpg  
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

You're Not the Boss of Me
    I don't think there's a particularly sound scriptural basis for the notion of "hell" as it has evolved through the life of the church.
    JESUS IS COMING

... look busy

Genitive Declensioner
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    One of the best Twlight Zones ever.

Much better if you get to see the whole thing though.
    Mr.French as the Devil or the Devils side-kick kinda freaks me out...
    Big Fan of the Callipygian Way
    "The collards tore my wife's stomach up and with her being pregnant and constipated it made for a smelly ride to the cabin in north Georgia." -gut
    "The term "steeping" brings to mind "tea-bagging" and, on far too many levels, I'm simply not comfortable with that." -antonio_b
    "People think maggots are a bad thing, but I'll bet they ate most of the feces he has been sitting in for the last two years. Go maggots! -Mohair

Alien Musician
    It's being back in elementary school and being picked last in gym class and having all the cute girls laugh at you.
    my music is online at aliensporebomb dot com yes indeed.
    my twitter for those bored: http://www.twitter.com/aliensporebomb

Le Misérable
    Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    I don't think there's a particularly sound scriptural basis for the notion of "hell" as it has evolved through the life of the church.
    This is true: theologically, Christian hell is all over the board. There are some more or less consistent ideas with certain medieval theologians, but they don't rhyme very well with the standard modern decor, which is mostly misappropriated Book of Revelation imagery filtered through 19th-century enthusiastic American Christian groups.

I like the LDS hell the best: there's hardly anybody there! Even non-Mormons can avoid it through proxy post-mortem baptism.

The traditional Chinese model is the opposite, and almost as comforting: almost everybody has to go through some sort of hell after dying, which sort banalizes the whole thing.
    C'est dommage que je sois un ignorant, car je vous citerais une foule de choses ; mais je ne sais rien.

--Hugo

Potatoes
    Hell means bright/light/clear in German.

In fact, I'm drinking one right now. Hell tastes pretty good.

Failboat Captian
    Quote Originally Posted by majura View Post

Yes it does. It's the first part of my last name. And yes, we had a brewery in pre-prohibition Baltimore. Although I will admit that I don't like light beer. Luckily (ok, doesn't matter), my family made real beer, not light beer.
    "I'm tired of people not treating me like the gift that I am."
    -Paula Abdul

Quote Originally Posted by ToF View Post
    What type of tang does it have?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider View Post
    The ones I made had a poo tang.

Misfit Toy
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees View Post
    1. walk away and leave it
    2. dumpster out back
    3. auction for your retirement party
    4. pelt various managerial types viciously, as you walk out on the last day
    5. make a big pile in basement, light
    6. interoffice mail. "official use only" of course. to the capital of every nation.
    7. wander the halls, hiding pieces in random cubes and cabinets
    8. call Goodwill for a big pickup... give only the bldg address, say "take it all"
    9. have an intern or underling carefully box it all up while barking orders irritably. Then have her put it in the dumpster out back
    10. sneak into the server room. disconnect random cables, leaving cutesy stuffed tchotchke animals nearby.
    11. last day = "everything's a frisbee" day.
    I shall save this list. Numbers 4, 10 and 11 are my favs.
    It's all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone.

Don't make me go all honey badger on your ass

Misfit Toy
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Okay it's an office, Ms. High-Falootin'. If you have a door you can shut, then it's one of the better neighborhoods in Hell.
    The door is lovely.
    It's all fun and games until someone ends up in a cone.

Don't make me go all honey badger on your ass

Flash! ah–ahhh!
    Count on the Lounge to turn a thread about Hell into one about swapping pictures of cubicles.
    Monkhouse: I want to die like my Dad did, peacefully, in his sleep... not screaming in terror like his passengers.

SystemShock: About Faux News/the Right-Wing Bubble™ – the first thing a cult does is claim that everyone else is lying to you.

Kitty:
    ROMNEY LANDSLIDE! Man its going to be fun in PO after Election Day

Platypius:
    I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Seamus: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2008

nine circles

the devil caught down deep, flapping his wings and trying to get the eff out

yeah, i would imagine that might be pretty close.

Failboat Captian
    I think I now know what hell (or at least my version of hell) looks like.

Take into account that we are in February. This is the ski area where I teach.
    "I'm tired of people not treating me like the gift that I am."
    -Paula Abdul

Quote Originally Posted by ToF View Post
    What type of tang does it have?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider View Post
    The ones I made had a poo tang.

MCF
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2006
    It is like Road Bike Review without Podium Girls...hehehehehe...

Le Misérable
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTooBad View Post

Why does that photo look totally different than it did last night?? It was clear and sharp, but now it looks like modern art.

Did Satan do it??

--Hugo

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2012
    hell is mainstream media - commercial radio stations

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by majura View Post

Prost!

however, I prefer to raise Ale; not that there is anything wrong with raising Hell
    Last edited by MoonHowl; 02-25-2012 at 05:30 AM.

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTooBad View Post

where's the snow?
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Call me a Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II View Post
    where's the snow?
    It's a water skiing resort.
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

I see trees of green
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II View Post
    where's the snow?
    And why are all of those lights still on?

Fred the Clydesdale
    Hell does exist. There is no picture that can adequately describe it.

The bible does give a glimpse of it, but it does not go into detail. A lot of what people think hell is like can be attributed to Dante's Inferno.

Revelation likens it to a lake that burns with fire. Jesus describes it as an outer darkness where those who ar there are in severe pain. He tells a paraple in Luke Chapter 16 of a beggar named Lazarus (not the same guy that Jesus brought back from the dead) and a rich man. They both die and Lazarus is carried by angels into heaven. The rich man goes into hell. He is tormented and requests Abraham to send Lazarus down to just give him a drop of water. Abraham explains that he can't, because there is a great chasm that they cannot cross.

People don't go to hell for sin. I know this may be a new thing to you. They go to hell, because God made a way for them through the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus and they chose not to accept God's grace.

BTW - the word sin comes from an old archery term. It means to miss the mark. The mark we have set before us is to live in such a way that we glorify God. To sin, is to miss that mark. God has forgiveness for all who call upon Him. That is why Jesus said that He was the Way, the Truth and the Life and that no one came come to the Father except through Him.

Now, we move.
    Last edited by rider9; 02-25-2012 at 05:11 PM. Reason: fat fingers
    Member of Team Collin, a group of ordinary moreons going to extraordinary levels of awesome in the fight against cancer.

Love conquers all. God is love. Jesus is love personified. Figure it out.

Le Misérable
    Quote Originally Posted by rider9 View Post
    Hell does exist. There is no picture that can adequately describe it.

The bible does give a glimpse of it, but it does not go into detail. A lot of what people think hell is like can be attributed to Dante's Inferno.

Revelation likens it to a lake that burns with fire. Jesus describes it as an outer darkness where those who ar there are in severe pain. He tells a paraple in Luke Chapter 16 of a beggar named Lazarus (not the same guy that Jesus brought back from the dead) and a rich man. They both die and Lazarus is carried by angels into heaven. The rich man goes into hell. He is tormented and requests Abraham to send Lazarus down to just give him a drop of water. Abraham explains that he can't, because there is a great chasm that they cannot cross.

People don't go to hell for sin. I know this may be a new thing to you. They go to hell, because God made a way for them through the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus and they chose not to accept God's grace.

BTW - the word sin comes from an old archery term. It means to miss the mark. The mark we have set before us is to live in such a way that we glorify God. To sin, is to miss that mark. God has forgiveness for all who call upon Him. That is why Jesus said that He was the Way, the Truth and the Life and that no one came come to the Father except through Him.

Now, we move.
    The archery story is apocryphal. The word is most likely (but not certainly, there are other real possibilites) from the Latin sons, which means something like "guilty" and was later ascribed its Christian theological significance.

From the OED:

There is a belief that sin comes from some archery term meaning to miss the target. This tale stems from confusion and misunderstanding of preachers giving Sunday sermons. The English word sin has no such etymology. The Greek hamartia, however, can literally mean to fall short or miss, especially in the archery context. Since hamartia is often the word being translated, preachers sometimes use this Greek etymology as a sermon illustration and people confuse it with the etymology of the English word. The sermon illustration, however, is somewhat flawed. By the time of Christ the archery sense of hamartia was obsolete, so the sermon illustration is anachronistic. To Christ and his contemporaries hamartia would simply mean a violation of God’s law and would not have conveyed a metaphorical sense of falling short, as an arrow falls short of its target.

Anyhoo, the Christian theological connection between sin and hell is complicated and means very different things to different flavors of Christians.

--Hugo

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBiker View Post
    It's a water skiing resort.

I've always wanted to try water-skiing, but have never found a downhill lake.
    "The mouse with the overbite explained/how the rabbits were ensnared/ and the skinny scanty sylph/ trashed the apothecary diplomat/ inside the three-eyed monkey/ within inches of his toaster-oven life."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast