Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
    "He groaned when we hung the rope over the tree but was relieved to see the white pinata."
    -- Gut

waterproof*
    They ****ed with the wrong Mexican.
    * posted by Creakybot 2013 all rights reserved.
    * not actually waterproof.

Good news everyone!
    Your tacos or your life!

had it in the ear before
    Machete don't text.
    you might as well have gone to Taco Bell and had a Zima while dropping a blotter and snorting Tabasco. OMFG. ~ttug

corning my own beef
    and to top it all off, it appears it all ended with some old-fashioned rear end carnage at .... DICKSBORO
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People who say, "Laughter is the best medicine.." have never been on the receiving end of a morphine drip..

ноожеяз ай вщоw?
    -VaughnA

A fool and his money were damned lucky to have bumped into each other in the first place.

Good news everyone!
    Quote Originally Posted by JustTooBig View Post
    and to top it all off, it appears the carnage ended at .... DICKSBORO
    Carnage Esada at Dicksboro.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2006
    hohohohohoho, ****

Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
    Quote Originally Posted by gutfiddle View Post
    Machete don't text.
    i <3 u
    "He groaned when we hung the rope over the tree but was relieved to see the white pinata."
    -- Gut

banned
    Oct 2011
    So, we're supposed to believe that this guy was immune to the effects of a tazer.

Yeah, I'm going to need video to believe that bullshit.

Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
    Quote Originally Posted by gloombuttercookie View Post
    So, we're supposed to believe that this guy was immune to the effects of a tazer.

Cocaine is a helluva drug. —Creakyknees
    -- Gut

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees View Post
    They ****ed with the wrong Mexican.
    The guy was a Mexican? Really? How do you know?

Call me a Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by il sogno View Post
    I'm going with Korean.
    ...outside a taco truck in Koreatown...
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2011

Please expand upon your comment in regards to the taser being ineffective.

You seem to imply that the police might have shot him just for the hell of it after gaining compliance through use of the taser.

There are a couple important points to address in regards to this, so I'll go one by one.

First of all, are you aware of the effects of a taser as it pertains to gaining compliance from a combative subject? It works on two levels. The first level is pain compliance. Quite as it sounds, it's based on doing what you are told to do because it hurts and you don't want it to hurt any more.

Pain compliance is fairly effective, unless you have an intoxicated or high person on your hands. That's the beauty of the taser though, it operates on a second level, known as nueromuscular incapacitation. Once again, as it sounds, the taser is able to lock up your body's large muscle group making it literally impossible for you to move effectively.

Of course there are several factors that can relegate the taser's effectiveness to pain compliance only. If the two probes are less than about 6 inches apart NMI will not take place. The farther apart they are the stronger the effect of NMI. Secondly, the taser probes may have hit the subject, but due to clothing or a number of other factors, they may make a poor connection. This often results in the probes being pulled out or falling out. So as you can see, the taser, while incredibly useful, is hardly infallible. I'm sure you'll agree that one sentence from a news reporter who would have had access to a press release with scant details is hardly enough evidence for any one to start making any derogatory claims about the actions of the officers involved.

And secondly, the fact that the officer attempted to use his or her taser before their firearm was a mere courtesy and an attempt to save the suspect's life. An officer confronted by a subject with a machete is already justified in using deadly force. Especially in a circumstance where the subject has taken a hostage and is holding them against their will with a deadly weapon.

I'm sure you'd be the first to complain if the officers had tried to love this guy out of the truck and he killed the victim of his crime.

Officer are humans beings that, due to the nature of their jobs, from time to time have to make instantaneous decisions about the lives of others. As unfortunate as it is, sometimes they make the wrong decision, and they must face the consequences. You think maybe we could say thank you when they make the right one?

RoadBikeReview Member

My 24 year old Brother In Law has the video of his tazer being ineffective. In the same video the tazed pulls out the barbs, pulls a weapon with an illegal 30 round clip out and opened up. Luckily my BIL only had a superficial hand wound. The guy ended up being on PCP, with 11 HPD rounds in him, and took his own life before HPD swat got to him.

HPD: Bus passenger used stolen gun to hurt 2 officers - Houston Chronicle

Devoid of all flim-flam
    Maybe the machete-wielding guy wanted to be the Sweeney Todd of the taco truck biz.
    Mapie is a conventional looking former Hollywood bon viveur, now leading a quiet life in a house made of wood by an isolated beach. He has cultivated a taste for culture, and is a celebrated raconteur amongst his local associates, who are artists, actors, and other leftfield/eccentric types. I imagine he has a telescope, and an unusual sculpture outside his front door. He is also a beach comber. The Rydster.

waterproof*
    Quote Originally Posted by il sogno View Post

2:15: Machete 2010 trailer - YouTube
    * posted by Creakybot 2013 all rights reserved.
    * not actually waterproof.

Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
    Quote Originally Posted by bkwitche View Post
    Please expand upon your comment in regards to the taser being ineffective.

You seem to imply that the police might have shot him just for the hell of it after gaining compliance through use of the taser.

There are a couple important points to address in regards to this, so I'll go one by one.

First of all, are you aware of the effects of a taser as it pertains to gaining compliance from a combative subject? It works on two levels. The first level is pain compliance. Quite as it sounds, it's based on doing what you are told to do because it hurts and you don't want it to hurt any more.

Pain compliance is fairly effective, unless you have an intoxicated or high person on your hands. That's the beauty of the taser though, it operates on a second level, known as nueromuscular incapacitation. Once again, as it sounds, the taser is able to lock up your body's large muscle group making it literally impossible for you to move effectively.

Of course there are several factors that can relegate the taser's effectiveness to pain compliance only. If the two probes are less than about 6 inches apart NMI will not take place. The farther apart they are the stronger the effect of NMI. Secondly, the taser probes may have hit the subject, but due to clothing or a number of other factors, they may make a poor connection. This often results in the probes being pulled out or falling out. So as you can see, the taser, while incredibly useful, is hardly infallible. I'm sure you'll agree that one sentence from a news reporter who would have had access to a press release with scant details is hardly enough evidence for any one to start making any derogatory claims about the actions of the officers involved.

And secondly, the fact that the officer attempted to use his or her taser before their firearm was a mere courtesy and an attempt to save the suspect's life. An officer confronted by a subject with a machete is already justified in using deadly force. Especially in a circumstance where the subject has taken a hostage and is holding them against their will with a deadly weapon.

I'm sure you'd be the first to complain if the officers had tried to love this guy out of the truck and he killed the victim of his crime.

Officer are humans beings that, due to the nature of their jobs, from time to time have to make instantaneous decisions about the lives of others. As unfortunate as it is, sometimes they make the wrong decision, and they must face the consequences. You think maybe we could say thank you when they make the right one?
    Now this thread is cookin' ...
    -- Gut

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees View Post
    Machete is hot right now.

Born from Jorts®
    cripes! I'm taking my num-chucks with me from now on.