ARP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002

How did the Al Roker story slip past the Lounge

Or did it slip past me? I checked the archives and nothing came up.

waterproof*
    I'll bite. What happened?
    * posted by Creakybot 2013 all rights reserved.
    * not actually waterproof.

ARP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002
    The story is he was at the White House, pooped his pants and then left his poopy drawers in the bathroom, which were recovered by SS.

Sweet Potato Kugel

RoadBikeReview Member
    ARP?
    Are you talking about both Obama & Biden acknowleged him at the inaguration...OR...he "sharted"* in the White House when Bush was president.

*sharted....When one passes more than just gas

have droids, will party
    Quote Originally Posted by ARP View Post
    Or did it slip past me? I checked the archives and nothing came up.
    I think AL Roker wishes that one hadn't 'slipped past' him either.

ARP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by eekase View Post
    ARP?
    Are you talking about both Obama & Biden acknowleged him at the inaguration...OR...he "sharted"* in the White House when Bush was president.

*sharted....When one passes more than just gas
    See I have not heard the full scale story, caught bits and pieces from the local FM morning drive show. But I was driving north away from signal and it was fading out. Roker's name was mentioned and then...."I'm surprised they let him within 500 yards of the White House after pooping his pants and then leaving the poopy drawers in the bathroom".....and then static from signal fade. So this must have happened in the past and he has admitted to the shart.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2011
    Al Roker brought it up soon after the new year when all the crazy diet talk starts. He was commenting on how hard dieting can be.

Flash! ah–ahhh!
    wut??
    Monkhouse: I want to die like my Dad did, peacefully, in his sleep... not screaming in terror like his passengers.

SystemShock: About Faux News/the Right-Wing Bubble™ – the first thing a cult does is claim that everyone else is lying to you.

Kitty:
    ROMNEY LANDSLIDE! Man its going to be fun in PO after Election Day

Platypius:
    I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Seamus: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Yeah, he was actually relating a story about the aftermath of his gastro bypass surgery, which as I understand is fairly dramatic, extensive surgery. Back in the '02-'03 time frame, I believe.

Definitely in the realm of "TMI", but my guess is he told the story on air in the interest of being candid about how traumatic such a step can be.
    Bill

“You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing...We can make the best or the worst of it."

Always changing.....
    I saw that clip on some news stattion. All I could think was; not sure I would admit that to millions. Do you think the White House will invite him back or greet him with a pair of depends at the door?

Failboat Captian
    I was watching the Today show when that came up (may Have been New Years day?). He was talking about the days when he was still big, and was in the white house. I think he said it may have happened when he was on camera. He excused himself, went to the bathroom and disposed of his under britches and cleaned himself up.
    "I'm tired of people not treating me like the gift that I am."
    -Paula Abdul

Quote Originally Posted by ToF View Post
    What type of tang does it have?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider View Post
    The ones I made had a poo tang.

corning my own beef
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyTooBad View Post
    I was watching the Today show when that came up (may Have been New Years day?). He was talking about the days when he was still big, and was in the white house. I think he said it may have happened when he was on camera. He excused himself, went to the bathroom and disposed of his under britches and cleaned himself up.

I saw the story a few days ago ..... 1) he was not on camera at the time. He was by himself when he confirmed Rule #3: Never Trust a Fart. 2) He told the story in the context of illustrating some of the complications that come along with gastric bypass surgery. People think "I go have this surgery, I come home and lose a bunch of weight. East-peasy" ..... and that notion is far from the truth.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People who say, "Laughter is the best medicine.." have never been on the receiving end of a morphine drip..

ноожеяз ай вщоw?
    -VaughnA

A fool and his money were damned lucky to have bumped into each other in the first place.

Schmuck
    Dec 2004
    If I ever managed to get into Obama's White House, Id leave an upper decker in his personal toilet.

Eddy 53:11
    Quote Originally Posted by RkFast View Post
    If I ever managed to get into Obama's White House, Id leave an upper decker in his personal toilet.
    HA! I'd watch you do it.
    Live vicariously through yourself.

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles
    OTOH there are probably fewer people that have done that than walked on the moon. That's rarified air right there.

Non non normal
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc View Post
    OTOH there are probably fewer people that have done that than walked on the moon. That's rarified air right there.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to hfc again.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --A. Einstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JustTooBig View Post
    I saw the story a few days ago ..... 1) he was not on camera at the time. He was by himself when he confirmed Rule #3: Never Trust a Fart. 2) He told the story in the context of illustrating some of the complications that come along with gastric bypass surgery. People think "I go have this surgery, I come home and lose a bunch of weight. East-peasy" ..... and that notion is far from the truth.
    This was my recollection as well. One of those things where I'd be fine without knowing, but I kinda admire his courage in telling the story to help others.
    Bill

“You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing...We can make the best or the worst of it."

12 strings, no waiting
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc View Post
    Adults, maybe. But there have been plenty of babies and toddlers in the white house, and they have a tendency to crap in their pants.

Non non normal
    I can't believe there are a bunch of adults enamored by this story. This is more a story for grandchildren.

"Kids, gather around and let me tell you about the time I $hit my pants in the white house."
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --A. Einstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    From what I recollect, he was being interviewed by Dr. Nancy Snyderman regarding his bariactic surgery. Al said he was walking down the hall "by himself" and felt the need to pass gas. Well, opps....its poops! He turned around and happen to have a spare pair of undies and changed. He mentioned that after his surgery, he has to watch what he eats....in other words avoid Taco Bell, gas station sushi, etc.

But to add a twist...since this was during GW Bush occupying the White House, Al and GWB, were going to go on a bike ride and Al had white bib shorts on.

RoadBikeReview Member
    This was my recollection as well. One of those things where I'd be fine without knowing, but I kinda admire his courage in telling the story to help others.

Exactly. To be fascinated with the story is somewhat childish. These are the kinds of things nobody tells you when you decide to get the surgery.

And if he told the story in context, I don't see what the big deal is. Could happen to anybody......who's about to go for a bike ride with the President. Even the rich and famous have moments of absolute terror and embarassment.

ARP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002
    He has given new meaning to the term "underwear bomber".