Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eretz View Post
    I kinda believe that, sort'ov. We were going through Los Angeles driving from Colorado [Boulder] to make a LAX flight and the highway radar police officer asked to see our flight tickets doing 70 in a 55. He couldn't believe we drive so far to reach LAX. But the rebuttal was we were returning to Los Angeles after interviews in Boulder to return back to Paris. He looked over the passports, the flight stuff and misc stuff and let us go that Monday morning after a "mishap" and we walked away with a warning..." Also helped we were all Pôle avocats in the vehicle?

That decrease in speed from 70 to 55 mph came abruptly. IMHO
    Yeah, and you could have immediately ramped up to 65 and gotten through the speed traps, but maybe not in downtown LA. .

I've found out in my carefree retirement years when 70 is posted, 80 is the unofficial speed limit. Some just post 80, like out in western states. I've recently passed police stops going 80-85 mph, in the left lane of course, and the cop issuing a ticket to some poor sucker hardly noticed.

Good for you beating the rap! Nice work!
    Last edited by Fredrico; 1 Week Ago at 08:38 PM.

Not Banned
    online and take screen grabs as notes
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

Fake President
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    In her opinion, it appeared like the local police were profiling drivers with deep pockets who would rather pay a fine or do traffic school to feed the machine than fight the ticket. Given the tourist-heavy locale also increases the chances of the motorist just paying, rather taking time off to travel back to argue their case before a judge.
    Would not surprise me one bit, sad to say.

Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

Seat's not level
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    The choices are classroom, online, or 'home study' (whatever that is).

What say you moreons? What's best?

Just watch all the fast and furious movies and give a written review to the judge...
    Bad decisions make great stories - JP

Spring is here... snowflakes are melting.

Fake President
    Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    Just watch all the fast and furious movies and give a written review to the judge...
    Did that last time. She had me approach the bench, and hit me with her gavel.

Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    Yeah, and you could have immediately ramped up to 65 and gotten through the speed traps, but maybe not in downtown LA. .

I've found out in my carefree retirement years when 70 is posted, 80 is the unofficial speed limit. Some just post 80, like out in western states. I've recently passed police stops going 80-85 mph, in the left lane of course, and the cop issuing a ticket to some poor sucker hardly noticed.

Good for you beating the rap! Nice work!
    Virginia State Troopers may disagree with you.. and Fairfax County and City officers will definately disagree with you... I hate driving into Virginia.. In FFX, they will pull you over for doing 26 in a 25.... taze you, throw you on the ground and hand cuff you.. then kick you a few times, stomp on your head, give you a ticket and send you on your way....

Sweet Potato Kugel
    Quote Originally Posted by ljvb View Post
    Virginia State Troopers may disagree with you.. and Fairfax County and City officers will definately disagree with you...
    I travel through there and do VDOT regularly w/HashTag warnings.

Mad.
    In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
    Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together
    -

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Virginia State Troopers may disagree with you.. and Fairfax County and City officers will definately disagree with you... I hate driving into Virginia.. In FFX, they will pull you over for doing 26 in a 25.... taze you, throw you on the ground and hand cuff you.. then kick you a few times, stomp on your head, give you a ticket and send you on your way....
    Unless you're part of the club.......

RoadBikeReview Member
    Resisting arrest, huh?

Well, i'm talking about 81 going south in the mountains. 66 is pretty urban from the mountains to the Potomac River, so yeah, keep it down to 70. Haven't noticed any speed traps on the beltway, either, so 70 is ok, if your car can handle the curves.

But yeah, gotta be careful not to go faster than 10 mph over the limit. And full access streets, a totally 'nother game. I use the bike 90% of the time "in town." From NM to VA route 66 is 70 mph all the way except around the cities, so 80 is fine.

Sweet Potato Kugel
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredrico View Post
    Resisting arrest, huh?
    Classic video. LOL

Ben Franklin -Tis curious and amazing to observe how distinct and independent of each other the rattles of this animal are, and yet how firmly they are united together
    -

Sweet Potato Kugel
    And the best one.

-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12