ARP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002

I got to my destination, C. Williamsburg, late

the other night. Too late to find a restaurant of any quality open, go hungry or eat quick. It was awful. Had a spork available as table service. Used my pocket knife to cut up what they were passing off as chicken. It was awful.

I think I have arrived at a point in my life where if I am going to pay for a meal that only offers sporks, I'm gonna pass and prefer to eat a meal with my hands.

After that I ate 2 better quality meals before heading for home.

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    This story is a prime illustration for a large part of the success and growth of fast food chains.
    Quote Originally Posted by the_dude
    these are better than i was expecting, and my expectations were already rather high.

Maximum Gluteus
    Oh man.... I went to college in Williamsburg. There isn't much of a "late nite dining experience" in the 'Burg. Denny's, if you are lucky.

My recommendation for food in the 'Burg: Pierce's Pitt Barbeque. This is the new, modern Pierce's, and while I don't usually trust a BBQ place with a website, the pork bbq hasn't changed over the years - it is still gooooood.

Pierce's Pitt Bar-B-Que
    Yet another cycling blog...updated whenever.
    http://teamlardbutt.wordpress.com

We inched our way up the mountain, kilometer markers passing like kidney stones.

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Taylor View Post
    Oh man.... I went to college in Williamsburg. ....
    You went to Bill and Mary?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by the_dude
    these are better than i was expecting, and my expectations were already rather high.

ARP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002
    I've ate at Pierce's several times and it was on my list of places to go this weekend. Was actually thinking that Fri night would be Pierce's and Sat nite would be a seafood deal. Fail on Fri, went to The Whaling Co. saturday and had a good meal, IHOPed for breakfast on Sun before leaving. I did take a SS bike with me and got in a nice ride late Sat afternoon.

There are plenty of eateries that pass the test in Williamsburg, but parking a 45' bus at most is the challenge.

Maximum Gluteus
    Yep. I love being from a school that I could not get into now.

And ARP, I took my wife on our first date for drinks at the Whaling Company. That was around...oh....1981. Just drinks; I could not afford dinner there at the time. What passed for entertainment back then included hopping the fence at the Governor's Palace and wandering around in the garden after midnight, hurling fireworks at the rival fraternity across the way, and going to the Anheuser Busch brewery for "samples" of the product. Anheuser Busch used to give you three free beers (!!!) at the end of the brewery tour. We usually dispensed with the tour and went straight to the Hospitality House for the free beer. Having downed our alloted quota, we would then go out to the parking lot, swap shirts with each other, and head back in for three more beers.

Ah, College!

I think that the Greenleaf Cafe is still there on Richmond Road. It used to be open late with decent-ish college fare.
    Yet another cycling blog...updated whenever.
    http://teamlardbutt.wordpress.com

We inched our way up the mountain, kilometer markers passing like kidney stones.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2009
    I just spent a day in Williamsburg a couple of weeks ago, with my family, on vacation. Was there when I was seven, about thirty five years ago.

Interesting place. Bill and Mary is a beautiful campus.
    To those in uniform, both present and past, who have protected my freedoms, I thank you. I've had a good life so far.

My radio control aircraft addiction is fed by: theprofilebrotherhood.com

ARP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002
    I had Duquesne University down to W&M for a track met last spring.

Cheese is my copilot
    Yelp is pretty useful in a strange town. I have the app on my phone for when I travel.
    Life is better in the big ring.

http://theclemencyblog.blogspot.com/

Too slow to be smart
    Sep 2012
    A van of us went to CNU for a last chance track meet one year and I convinced my coach to stop at Pierce's. Nobody regretted that decision. I may actually be heading that way in a few weeks.

On an unrelated note, I'm hungry.
    ”Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong” - Unknown