Good news everyone!

I just made some ghetto shoe covers

Last night I found an old pair of socks that were covered in paint from a house project, and we've got a cold NNC session tonight so I pulled them babies over top of my cleats and cut a hole in the bottoms and BAM, I'm looking so pro it's ridiculous.

We have met the enemy...
    Finish them off with a couple of plastic grocery bags for windproofing--you'll look as pro as we ever did...

Just sayin...
    "When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking."

(Sir) Arthur Conan Doyle. Scientific American, January 18, 1896

Good news everyone!
    I could have put a grocery bag on first, followed by the sock, that probably would have worked good without looking too bubba. Or I could have duct taped the vents on the shoe. It's going to be in the low to mid 40s so it shouldn't be too terribly cold.

still shedding season
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    It's going to be in the low to mid 40s so it shouldn't be too terribly cold.
    That's the about the point that we start thinking about a base layer. HTH

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    It's going to be in the low to mid 40s so it shouldn't be too terribly cold.
    It's supposed to hit the low 40s tomorrow for the first time since Thanksgiving.

waterproof*
    grocery bag goes over the sock but inside the shoe. but only if the streets are wet.
    * posted by Creakybot 2013 all rights reserved.
    * not actually waterproof.

Good news everyone!
    Turned out I didn't even need the leg warmers but all my friends were complaining about cold feet, except for THIS GUY. When we were on the offroad trails it was pretty warm, but riding a paved rail trail on the way back it was starting to get pretty brisk, I hate when my knees get cold, they really tighten up.