LWP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006

I realize many (most) here don't care but...

Roll Tide!

Now that that's out of the way, you may proceed with the usual "football is bad, m'kay", "American football sucks", "college football sucks", "all football sucks", "football is the root of all evil and a gateway drug to submitting to the satanic overlord", etc.
    Crusty old farts are people too.
    - 10ae1203

Non non normal
    Quote Originally Posted by LWP View Post
    Roll Tide!

Now that that's out of the way, you may proceed with the usual "football is bad, m'kay", "American football sucks", "college football sucks", "all football sucks", "football is the root of all evil and a gateway drug to submitting to the satanic overlord", etc.
    I am not an Alabama fan but Saban has nerves of steel and iron guts. Most coaches wouldn't have had the nerve to make the change he did in the second half and then stick with it when their first possession was 3 and out.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --A. Einstein

a real member's member
    OU was bad squib kick away from giving saban nightmares.

boomer.
    Yossarian: don't worry. nothing's going to happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us.

Not Banned
    I'd like to congratulate Central Florida on their undefeated season including beating the team who beat both teams last night.

I didn't watch much of the game, I saw the blocked punt where the Alabama guy jumped but they called Georgia offside and the missed facemask call. I said 'yup, the ref are trying to keep it close'
    Congrats to a young QB who just became a legend, sympathies to another QB whose pro career evaporated
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie View Post
    sympathies to another QB whose pro career evaporated
    he never really had true NFL potential as a starting QB anyways.. but yeah his stock dropped even lower.
    PO is a liberal echo chamber.

Not Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spdntrxi View Post
    he never really had true NFL potential as a starting QB anyways.. but yeah his stock dropped even lower.
    he has no stock. Can't pass. Better learn to be a receiver

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    I thought Hurts showed true class. He was completely engaged in the team and the game after being benched. The announcer said it was probably tearing him up inside, but he gained some respect Fromm me.

Proud luddite
    My prediction for next year’s championship game:

Northwestern 56
    Alabama 2

You heard it here first.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2014
    I know that my alma mater lost, but I will still stand behind them:

Go Dawgs!! Sic 'em!

We'll be back.

LWP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    I'd like to congratulate Central Florida on their undefeated season including beating the team who beat both teams last night.

I didn't watch much of the game, I saw the blocked punt where the Alabama guy jumped but they called Georgia offside and the missed facemask call. I said 'yup, the ref are trying to keep it close'
    Congrats to a young QB who just became a legend, sympathies to another QB whose pro career evaporated
    Their backs were to the ref when he had the facemask. By the time they'd spun around to where the ref could see anything, his hand was full of jersey and nowhere near the facemask. It was a missed call, nobody that I know of is denying that. Missed calls happen all the time. Unless they go to a system where every single play is reviewed, which would be ridiculous, it will continue to happen. Nobody was conspiring to keep the game close. But the usual thought process for many is: when a missed call benefits your team, it's just part of the game. When a missed call benefits the opponent or team you love to hate, the refs are dirty.

And Central Florida is just beating a dead horse at this point. They were the only team I thought had a legitimate complaint about their ranking but they weren't getting in the playoffs this year whether Bama did or not.
    - 10ae1203

Master debator.
    I picked the Bulldogs to win so Alabama cost me $160 on a board at work. Other than that I don't care who won, it was a good game though.
    "I felt bad because I couldn't wheelie; until I met a man with no bicycle"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kimoly View Post
    I know that my alma mater lost, but I will still stand behind them:

Go Dawgs!! Sic 'em!

We'll be back.
    my alma mater plays both Georgia and Bama each and every year.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Now that that's out of the way, you may proceed with the usual "football is bad, m'kay",
    Just yesterday I learned that my local high school's stadium (about to be renovated) is named after a student who was the first kid to be killed playing high school football. I'm not trying to be a downer etc. - just a coincidence. The article may be an interesting read for some.

https://www.bozemandailychronicle.co...6a820645f.html

Cycling Addict
    Nov 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ogre View Post
    my alma mater plays both Georgia and Bama each and every year.
    So you graduated from either Auburn or Tennessee. My heart goes out to you...
    Life is short... enjoy the ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bradkay View Post
    So you graduated from either Auburn or Tennessee. My heart goes out to you...
    Thank you for your sympathies. It’s been a long year for the Vol Nation.

Proud luddite
    Thank you for your sympathies. It’s been a long year for the Vol Nation.
    I think if the band stopped playing Rocky Top so much they’d get better recruits.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by azpeterb View Post
    I think if the band stopped playing Rocky Top so much they’d get better recruits.
    LOL. What was weird was hearing Rocky Top during Nahville Predator Home games during last years Stamley Cup playoffs.

Non non normal
    LOL. What was weird was hearing Rocky Top during Nahville Predator Home games during last years Stamley Cup playoffs.
    The two songs any bluegrass band hates to hear requested is Rocky Top and Fox On The Run.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --A. Einstein

Not Banned
    Their backs were to the ref when he had the facemask. By the time they'd spun around to where the ref could see anything, his hand was full of jersey and nowhere near the facemask. It was a missed call, nobody that I know of is denying that. Missed calls happen all the time. Unless they go to a system where every single play is reviewed, which would be ridiculous, it will continue to happen. Nobody was conspiring to keep the game close. But the usual thought process for many is: when a missed call benefits your team, it's just part of the game. When a missed call benefits the opponent or team you love to hate, the refs are dirty.

And Central Florida is just beating a dead horse at this point. They were the only team I thought had a legitimate complaint about their ranking but they weren't getting in the playoffs this year whether Bama did or not.
    problem being I had no team. The only outcome I would have been happy with is a giant sinkhole swallowing the stadium, both teams and their fans

LWP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2006
    problem being I had no team. The only outcome I would have been happy with is a giant sinkhole swallowing the stadium, both teams and their fans
    Well, isn't that special.
    - 10ae1203