Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment

It's Cherry Blossom Time!

There is of course the reality.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It's Cherry Blossom Time!-imgp5473.jpg   It's Cherry Blossom Time!-000-9-.jpg   It's Cherry Blossom Time!-000-15-.jpg  
    Quote Originally Posted by the_dude
    these are better than i was expecting, and my expectations were already rather high.

Game on, b*tches!
    Things are barely starting to bloom around here. My forsythias are starting to pop out as well as the iris. Great pics, even with the intruders.
    Originally Posted by tetter
    'Pain is temporary, and there might be beer at the finish line'

"Karma is spread in lots of different ways. You know, like herpes."
    catzilla
    "I'm an American male. This is pizza. Leave me alone!"
    Alton Brown
    ohnoIaintsuckingnomore.blogspot.com

Alien Musician
    Whoa. Stunning.
    my music is online at aliensporebomb dot com yes indeed.
    my twitter for those bored: http://www.twitter.com/aliensporebomb

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    But we will just ignore the reality and go with the fantasy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It's Cherry Blossom Time!-000-2-.jpg   It's Cherry Blossom Time!-000-3-.jpg   It's Cherry Blossom Time!-000-4-.jpg   It's Cherry Blossom Time!-000-8-.jpg   It's Cherry Blossom Time!-000-10-.jpg  

It's Cherry Blossom Time!-000-11-.jpg   It's Cherry Blossom Time!-000-12-.jpg   It's Cherry Blossom Time!-000-13-.jpg   It's Cherry Blossom Time!-000-14-.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    these are better than i was expecting, and my expectations were already rather high.

Captain Obvious
    i was thinking a thread like this would be coming up. i was shocked when you posted some older pics that showed the mob scene after posting some awesome pics that didn't include people.
    And it just hurts in the very best way possible without a high priced dominatrix.---Ronsonic

I'm pretty confident that I've pissed off several dozen random strangers on the internet tonight.---Creakyknees

disclaimer---I make sh!t up as I go along.

damn. you have a strange way of making thousands of images taken in the same 1/2 square mile seem interesting and fresh. there are at least 3 images in this bunch that could go toe-to-toe with any that you've made in the past. well done.

disgruntled pigskin fan
    Your colors are stunning. They're almost surreal in the way they change from one hue to the next.

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    ... you have a strange way of making thousands of images taken in the same 1/2 square mile seem interesting and fresh. .....
    Oh, I think between the Mall and the Tidal Basin it might be an entire square mile........

your text here
    this thread is totally not what I thought.

geez, m. you need to like take class in becoming a better artist or something...
    ps: you and miss m still plannin on gettin out chitown way this summer?
    I don't normally "do people." - Dr. Roebuck

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeBiker
    Your colors are stunning. They're almost surreal in the way they change from one hue to the next.
    The key to colors like this is to get there before sunrise on a clear calm morning so you are ready to shoot exactly as the sun rises. That way you get the direct rays of the sun AND the reflection off the still water. It only lasts for 10-15 minutes but it can be quite stunning.

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    Quote Originally Posted by weltyed
    ....ps: you and miss m still plannin on gettin out chitown way this summer?
    There is a fair chance, first we are going to NY for a ride then we have no plans at all (and plenty of time on our hands). Chi Town is high on Miss M's list.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    Lovely lovely lovely.

Lets Go Hokies!!!
    And you want to take a class? I think you should teach the class. I can't even choose my favorite. Lets just say there may be a PM coming your way for a framed copy of one....once I pick. My parents just built a place in WV and loved the cherry blossoms when they were here. One of these would look great in their living room.
    Its not over till you're underground

http://hokierider.blogspot.com

RoadBikeReview Member
    What, no corgis? I'm kinda disappointed, and like that...
    DFL>DNF>DNS

By the time you get home you won't remember why you didn't want to get off the couch.
    ---Val Garou

Just Plain Bitter
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieRider
    And you want to take a class? I think you should teach the class. I can't even choose my favorite. Lets just say there may be a PM coming your way for a framed copy of one....once I pick. My parents just built a place in WV and loved the cherry blossoms when they were here. One of these would look great in their living room.
    +(put large number here) what hokie said! Those are amazing. The colors and lighting shock me every time I see new stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla;
    Like, if "troubling" were a level seven worry, "concerning" would be a six, with "frightening" being an eight and "unexplained genital rash" being a nine.

2007 Pegoretti Duende Campy SR 11 Campagnolo Neutron
    2009 Look 586 Campy SR 11 HED Ardennes/HED Jet 6
    2012 Raliegh Roper - Stock for now

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieRider
    I like this one from 2007-printed nice and large....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It's Cherry Blossom Time!-000-9-.jpg  

Lets Go Hokies!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MB1
    I like this one from 2007-printed nice and large....
    Fantastic. I love the curve of the basin in that one.
    Its not over till you're underground

http://hokierider.blogspot.com

Twitterpated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It's Cherry Blossom Time!-000-9-.jpg   It's Cherry Blossom Time!-seurat.jpg  

jd3
    RoadBikeReview Member
    That pic of Miss M between the buses is scary. If there are that many people out at that hour of the morning, I can't imagine what it's like midday.

JP
    Lizzie will ride free
    So, I'm in DC for a couple of days, and I got to see some of this. Good timing, I suppose. I know how you could become a better artist. Instead of taking a class, why don't you teach a class. You could learn from the experience of teaching. Just a thought.

Oh, and I got to notice the beautiful light at sunrise. It explains a bit of my Seattle lighting; at first light, we have a less-dull gray. I think I'll try bumping up the saturation.
    "Another shot of the 6th Street Bridge. I guess I'm feeling sentimental because word is they're going to tear it down and build a replacement." DrRoebuck

http://subterraneanhomesickrandonneurblues.blogspot.com

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    Quote Originally Posted by FishrCutB8
    What, no corgis? I'm kinda disappointed, and like that...
    You want corgis? I'll keep an eye out for them.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It's Cherry Blossom Time!-000-10-.jpg  

Lemur-ing
    Fantastic colors indeed.

I need to get out more on weekends perhaps to try and shoot some pictures, despite the lack of interesting things to shoot IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by tconrady
    If I can get some more tomorrow.... I thought it'd grow on me but I'm not feelin' it....wait..
    Allez United!

Glory, Glory Man United, and the Reds go marching on!

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    Quote Originally Posted by jd3
    That pic of Miss M between the buses is scary. If there are that many people out at that hour of the morning, I can't imagine what it's like midday.
    You really don't want to know but since you asked........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It's Cherry Blossom Time!-01post014.jpg  

Ethical Nihilist

Reality of totally overrated

Dude. Those cherry blossom pics of yours are gorgeous. Now I don't have to ride down and see them in person. Which is good since I was banned from the Mall by the USPS for throwing those tourists from Iowa into the Tidal Basin.
    Work?! -- Maynard G. Krebs

MB1
    Enjoying Post-Employment
    Quote Originally Posted by macalu
    .... Which is good since I was banned from the Mall by the USPS for throwing those tourists from Iowa into the Tidal Basin.
    I thought it was because you kept stomping on their fingers when they tried to climb out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast