waterproof*

Thumbs up The January / February 2013 issue of Bicycling Magazine has arrived.

Apparently, there's a simple program, backed by New Research, that will help you Ride Faster in Five Days.

Also, Patrick Dempsey (cover model) is serious about riding, about providing hope and healing to people with cancer, and building community. I suspect he's also good for newsstand sales.

And, 114 Proven Strategies to GET LEAN NOW.

Enjoy.
    * posted by Creakybot 2013 all rights reserved.
    * not actually waterproof.

Seat's not level
    Did it also have the article by Anne Hathaway on how to lose weight to get into cycling shape...
    Name:  cycling shape1.jpeg
Views: 344
Size:  7.5 KB
    Bad decisions make great stories - JP

He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I know. -- Abraham Lincoln, Unknown , Unknown

Proud luddite
    I hope they have a blurb about how many boxes of Crunch N' Munch I can eat if I ride 12 miles at 10 mph. I'm guessing it's six boxes...that's about 25,000 calories, which would be about right for that level of exertion.

RoadBikeReview Member
    114 strategies to get lean is about 113 more than you need. Eat less, ride more was the only one I needed.

Slippery Old Devil
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees View Post
    Apparently, there's a simple program, backed by New Research, that will help you Ride Faster in Five Days.

Also, Patrick Dempsey (cover model) is serious about riding, about providing hope and healing to people with cancer, and building community. I suspect he's also good for newsstand sales.

Enjoy.
    Wasn't that in February, 2007 issue? No, wait.....there wasn't anything about Patrick Dempsey.

Proud luddite
    Quote Originally Posted by mpre53 View Post
    114 strategies to get lean is about 113 more than you need. Eat less, ride more was the only one I needed.
    Reason #79: Pick out the marshmallow pieces from your Lucky Charms and only eat those. The other pieces are high in carbs.

half-fast
    Quote Originally Posted by azpeterb View Post
    Reason #79: Pick out the marshmallow pieces from your Lucky Charms and only eat those. The other pieces are high in carbs.
    That's brilliant. Maybe I should re-think not subscribing to bicycling mag if that's the quality of information they are offering these days.

Bacon!
    Asdlkfjaslkdjfslkdjf
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The January / February 2013 issue of Bicycling Magazine has arrived.-bike2.jpg  
    “To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case my enemy is a varmint. And a varmint will never quit — ever. They’re like the Viet Cong — Varmint Cong. So you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower.”

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nice work. Dempsey is a cool dude. Daughter and I had a fight over her watching of TV (his show was on) and doing homework. Then a few days later he was at shop. We were talking kids and I mentioned fight, next thing I knew we called her and he had a nice talk with her over homework, priorities and listening to dad.

RoadBikeReview Member
    No "New Year, New You"? I am disappoint.

Banned forever.....or not
    I would be ashamed to admit that i even looked at the cover of Bicycling.

I still have a little shame.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Aug 2010
    Pulled an old issue from a box just now- "Training Secrets from Lance's Coach!"

Master debator.
    The gym I go to has all the cycling magazines. I read them cover to cover without prejudice, because I like all things cycling except the elitist attitude of some.
    It also makes the time spent on the stationary bike go by better.
    FWIW I also flip through the women's magazines, most of the ads in them are like soft-core pron my goodness. Sometimes makes pedaling hard (no pun intended).
    "I felt bad because I couldn't wheelie; until I met a man with no bicycle"

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2012
    Ever notice how much larger Bicycling magazine's marketing and advertising staff is then their editorial staff?

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Still good for almost a whole bowel movement.

I used to get it occassionaly because I'm a team performance member. Haven't received one in a while. Believe it or not, it used to be a good magazine 20 or so years ago.

RoadBikeReview Member

Bicycling & Huffy

I admit I read Bicycling back in the day and I am thankful for its existence because it helped me appreciate the all things cycling.

BTW, I also owned a Huffy.
    You'd think we were here for something other than fun. - Ishmael

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees View Post

Enjoy.
    Guess I'll need to wait until next month to learn how to strengthen my core... Or find the perfect road bike for any budget.

Damn...
    "It ain't a teacup that the Queen gave you - it's a bike. Ride it!"