Frog Whisperer

a little nnc if you don't mind

FINALLY it is summer. LONG, COLD, WET spring might be over. I rode with nothing but bibs and jersey for almost a week now. I like that. 1348 miles (road, not rollers) ytd. I finally feel like I am getting my "summer legs"
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Well this was my Independence Day ride on my new-as-of-April built-from-parts gravel rig...2000 miles on it to date AAMOF. 3500miles or so total this year.

FML.

Yup. New RD hanger, new RD, partial wheel rebuild.

An Ultegra Di2 RD should never look like this FWIW:

"Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    Marc, how did that happen?

Proud luddite
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Well this was my Independence Day ride on my new-as-of-April built-from-parts gravel rig...2000 miles on it to date AAMOF. 3500miles or so total this year.

FML.

Yup. New RD hanger, new RD, partial wheel rebuild.

An Ultegra Di2 RD should never look like this FWIW:

Dang.... is the chain stay supposed to be bent like that? The other one looks straight so I hope it's not frame damage too. 🙁

Adorable Furry Hombre
    Quote Originally Posted by SPlKE View Post
    Marc, how did that happen?
    No idea, and that has been bugging me. Was coming out of a gravel roller, did a synchro downshift (down to granny gear in the front, up 3 gears in the back). Heard a terrible racket, and it got really hard to pedal real quick. Lucky I had good brakes, and I was on a high friction surface to kill my speed...otherwise the damage to the wheel would have been substantial enough to the wheel to cause it to fail.

Only theory I have...the synchro shift caused the chain to momentarily go slack enough to chainsuck behind the cassette.

Quote Originally Posted by azpeterb View Post
    Dang.... is the chain stay supposed to be bent like that? The other one looks straight so I hope it's not frame damage too. 

Frame is still straight it has wishbone stays top and bottom, only the D/S rear slider plate was bent at the hangar. It is just a funky camera angle (the D/S yoke near the crankset is engineered so it looks more funky), aside from the RD hanger, which is bent off-angle at about 30 degrees-inwards. The RD threads were partially ripped out of the hanger actually, I didn't remove the RD other than unplugging its cable.

Would have been rideable again today...wheel got fixed last night (D/S outer spokes got replaced...new RD hanger-slider arrived in the mail today...but friggin UPS somehow couldn't get my new RD onto a plane in Louisville yesterday afternoon. WTF

Quote Originally Posted by UPS
    Louisville, KY, United States 07/07/2017 6:43 A.M. We were unable to load the package on the plane as scheduled. / Delivery will be rescheduled for Saturday.

Louisville, KY, United States 07/06/2017 12:37 P.M. Arrival Scan
    07/07/2017 6:43 A.M. We were unable to load the package on the plane as scheduled. / Delivery will be rescheduled for Saturday.
    Louisville, KY, United States 07/06/2017 12:37 P.M. Arrival Scan
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

What the what???
    Glad you weren’t hurt, and the damage was repairable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. - MLK

Frog Whisperer
    I got locked out of my own thread! Sheesh. I hate Tapatalk but for now, it's all I got (laptop is busy replaying today's stage) Marc, why you broke your bike? Bad plan my friend. 'specially if you don't have a few extras. You still have more miles than I do. Hey remember our discussion about sport tracks and Garmin? I got a new GPS, bluetooth connect with phone and just like you said, data is saved and on garmin connect before I get up my driveway. Then I download it and import to SportTracks, old habits die hard!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."