Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member
    I think the natural evolution of things just means that RBR has had it's heyday. Everyone is 10 years older and in that time our lives have changed, we have different priorities. I come here for recipes of home smoked cheeses but there just aren't as many as there were. I don't see the people i used to look forward to reading so much. Mapei, Len, Spirito, MB1 et.al. Happy to see TOG still here.

Master debator.
    I used to be able to check these forums out at work, but now they have a filter that blocks it and several other sites I used to frequent more. I guess they wanted more work out of me? Anyway to be honest browsing the internet on a smartphone sux so I just have less time to post. I check in every morning whilst eating cereal and drinking coffee.
    "I felt bad because I couldn't wheelie; until I met a man with no bicycle"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Interesting to compare this to the Off Camber forum at MTBR. I think they have a thread for every possible topic, and some of them have longevity. Most recent replies are to the O.J. Simpson thread, fake news, science, botany, TdF, their version of NNC, beards, dogs, last movie you saw, and on and on.

Right now they have 10 members and 36 guests viewing while we have 11 members and over a hundred guests viewing. Seems like they have a lot more posting. Anyway, I can't think of anything good right now to start a thread, and I haven't pooped anything interesting in a while.

RoadBikeReview Member
    But FB is also getting tiresome. Instagram is where the action is, apparently.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Quote Originally Posted by ogre View Post
    Interesting to compare this to the Off Camber forum at MTBR. I think they have a thread for every possible topic, and some of them have longevity. Most recent replies are to the O.J. Simpson thread, fake news, science, botany, TdF, their version of NNC, beards, dogs, last movie you saw, and on and on.

Right now they have 10 members and 36 guests viewing while we have 11 members and over a hundred guests viewing. Seems like they have a lot more posting. Anyway, I can't think of anything good right now to start a thread, and I haven't pooped anything interesting in a while.
    There's just something weird about MTBR...a lot of gear snobbishness, and a lot of cliques. I can't quite get along with the community over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Are any of the old lwnjers on Insta?
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

30 mpdb
    Fine fine fine. I'll fire up the ol' Bikes Direct thread.

Fake President
    Quote Originally Posted by old_fuji View Post
    There's just something weird about MTBR...a lot of gear snobbishness, and a lot of cliques. I can't quite get along with the community over there.
    MTBR does indeed have some gear weirdos on there. I got serial-harassed by two or three posters over there for not instantly agreeing that the 29er wheel size was far superior to everything else and could, in fact, cure cancer.

BikeForums also has that kind of guy on it. Some idiot who leads bike tours harassed me because I didn't agree with him on wheel/rim compliance. Cried like a b!tch about it for like a couple dozen posts. Dear god, unclench, please.

There are just simply some ppl out there who desperately need to get laid, stat. But, who would sleep with 'em, right?
    Monk: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

EJD: Modern-day conservatism isn't conservatism, it's reaction rooted in deep pessimism that isn't in keeping with the American character.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

Fake President
    Might be time for some related jokes...

"You might be a lurker if... while reciting your own wedding vows during the ceremony, you shut up because you'd rather hear what the ppl in the front row are whispering to each other..."

"You might be a lurker if... instead of yelling "Fire!" during an actual fire, you quietly look around to see what everyone else thinks."
    Monk: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

EJD: Modern-day conservatism isn't conservatism, it's reaction rooted in deep pessimism that isn't in keeping with the American character.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Quote Originally Posted by ogre View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    MTBR does indeed have some gear weirdos on there. I got serial-harassed by two or three posters over there for not instantly agreeing that the 29er wheel size was far superior to everything else and could, in fact, cure cancer.

BikeForums also has that kind of guy on it. Some idiot who leads bike tours harassed me because I didn't agree with him on wheel/rim compliance. Cried like a b!tch about it for like a couple dozen posts. Dear god, unclench, please.

There are just simply some ppl out there who desperately need to get laid, stat. But, who would sleep with 'em, right?
    And Pinkbike is full of angsty teenagers...
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2004
    It's summer. Folks are out riding and not sitting inside on websites.

I'm not riding this week, getting over bad head cold, maybe get out for 20 tomorrow morning.

Hate riding in heat and humidity, decided 86 deg. at 75% humidity is my is my threshold. It's currently 91 out, but only 50% so maybe a slow dusk ride on my slow bike.

But, yeah, the forum's been dead for weeks.

half-fast
    ..."You might be a lurker if... instead of yelling "Fire!" during an actual fire, you quietly look around to see what everyone else thinks."
    /glance around

HA.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Was a regular on MTBR until I got the fixie and posted a question about it in the Singlespeed forum. Big mistake!!

Came over here and gravitated toward the variety of topics in the Lounge. It's nice to talk about anything and everything, and when I geek out over biking, people get it. I don't get the stare. Usually.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2005
    Whatever happened to Arby, northcoast, Dave Hickey, MB1 and Miss M, Doug Sloan, ATP Junkie, J's haiku (after he changed his name), and phillipec? The commuting and touring forum used to be full of incredible Washington DC / C&O trail / Baltimore / So Cal and NorCal pics. Phillipec made you feel like a Paris local on a commute with him.

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
    Moreons, all 10 of you.

also, should someone check on TOG? I'm thinking he may have fallen off of a ladder or gotten run over by a skid steer.
    Naw, I'm in her.....I mean here.

I been spending time on my bikes, doing my best to wear em out. 1987.xx for the year, and 793.67 for July.

Too bad this site won't notify ya when someone tags you, I just found this thread
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwisimon View Post
    I think the natural evolution of things just means that RBR has had it's heyday. Everyone is 10 years older and in that time our lives have changed, we have different priorities. I come here for recipes of home smoked cheeses but there just aren't as many as there were. I don't see the people i used to look forward to reading so much. Mapei, Len, Spirito, MB1 et.al. Happy to see TOG still here.
    :-)...
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

RoadBikeReview Member
    +1 on the whole PO thing. There was a good 6 month run where it was very interesting to read, but then someone flipped the idjuct switch, and it's become exhausting and overwhelming more than anything. Teh Lownje has also become less and less interesting. I miss dudes like @bmxhacksaw and @oldendicotthighway .
    I hardly go in there anymore...the idjuct switch was flipped years ago with that AM guy who was allowed to parrot the same crap for months on end.
    the regulars got boring as well...
    Not banned yet.

RoadBikeReview Member
    That post made my 28.8kbps modem asplode and set fire to my CD collection.

Best fire up Netscape Navigator and look up what to do.
    Netscape? hell, I just upgraded from Telenet....why are things moving so fast?!!
    Not banned yet.

Fake President
    Quote Originally Posted by bahueh View Post
    I hardly go in there anymore...the idjuct switch was flipped years ago with that AM guy who was allowed to parrot the same crap for months on end.
    the regulars got boring as well...
    Fortunately 'ol AM finally got launched out of the banhammer cannon and went splat against a mountainside somewhere...

But yeah, shoulda happened years sooner. IIRC he knew one of the mods IRL, that may've possibly allowed him to be 'on the bubble' for way too long...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2017
    Lurker here, just checking in.
    Don't take it personal, I lurk on MTBR also.

I've only been cycling about a year and half. Mostly MTB but recently got a road bike and I'll be damn, I'm really enjoying the road more than I thought I would. I'm doing some mtb racing and thought the road miles would help with endurance.

I got my road bike a month ago and have logged about 200 miles so far. Most of my rides are solo, the longest is 53 miles.
    Last edited by Woodrow; 08-02-2017 at 09:33 AM.

Road & Trail Warrior
    And Pinkbike is full of angsty teenagers...
    Love the PB Buy/Sell though. I built my Cannondale Scalpel from the ground-up on the cheap there.

+1 on the whole PO thing. There was a good 6 month run where it was very interesting to read, but then someone flipped the idjuct switch, and it's become exhausting and overwhelming more than anything. Teh Lownje has also become less and less interesting. I miss dudes like @bmxhacksaw and @oldendicotthighway .
    Facebook, dude. OEH exists.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    Other countries need to stop hatin' or we'll unfriend them. - Christine

Apparently I left my reading comprehension glasses in my ass. - DrRoebuck

Still, it felt great and I felt like I was sitting on some kind of vibrator -Touch0Gray

Where's the g-ddamn "Like" button?

Other countries need to stop hatin' or we'll unfriend them. - Christine

Apparently I left my reading comprehension glasses in my ass. - DrRoebuck

Still, it felt great and I felt like I was sitting on some kind of vibrator -Touch0Gray

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatyPius View Post
    Where's the g-ddamn "Like" button?

It's a strange 6 pointed star in the lower left of your post. noobs smh

RoadBikeReview Member
    I only post nowadays if i can actually contribute.

MORE MINIMALISM DANG IT!!
    First!
    Wannabe Minimalist

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast