waterproof*

Magnetic Waves Alter Moral Compass

MIT Researchers Find That Magnetic Pulses Directed at Brain Change People's Ability to Tell Right from Wrong

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...n6347079.shtml

"To be able to apply a magnetic field to a specific brain region and change people's moral judgments is really astonishing."

/ not to those of us who have tinfoil hats, it's not. Ha. Told ya so.
    * posted by Creakybot 2013 all rights reserved.
    * not actually waterproof.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees
    MIT Researchers Find That Magnetic Pulses Directed at Brain Change People's Ability to Tell Right from Wrong

"To be able to apply a magnetic field to a specific brain region and change people's moral judgments is really astonishing."

That's my story, and I'm stickiin' to it!!! ;^)
    It is a Schwinn. Bought it new in Sixty Two.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2007
    I decided to do a little experiment myself. So I built an electromagnet and kept my skull very close to it for a while. The next thing I know, I'm listening to Rush Limbaugh, thinking Sarah Palin is really bright, and f#cking a goat. Yup, them folks at MIT are on to something.

your text here
    2012 will happen! especially with the polat switch
    I don't normally "do people." - Dr. Roebuck

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2004
    Wrong is the new right!

flinty-eyed moderator

A twelve pack of beer does the same thing a lot cheaper. . .
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Steaming piles of opinion

Heard about this on NPR drivetime. Turns out the spot in question is just above the right ear. Couldn't help but connect the dots to the morans that believe it's perfectly fine to chat on their cell phones while driving.

Clearly, we can plot a graph of cell phone usage over time against moral ambivalence, and get a strong positive correlation.

/I'm left handed, and thus will be a moral outlier on this evil plot. Mmmwwwhahahaha.
    A good habit is as hard to break as a bad one..

No hero that's understood
    Quote Originally Posted by danl1

/I'm left handed, and thus will be a moral outlier on this evil plot. Mmmwwwhahahaha.
    Not sure the logic holds up. I'm right handed and use my left for my cell. Before I had bluetooth, this was the only way I could drive and shift while talking on the phone. So, it maybe the lefties, who have the altered moral compass.

Seat's not level
    Do cell phones create magnetic waves? Could explain road rage.
    Bad decisions make great stories - JP

He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I know. -- Abraham Lincoln, Unknown , Unknown

waterproof*
    Yah "cell phones" was the first thing I thought of when I saw the headline.

But, everybody knows they are safe, after all the govt regulatory body that's funded by the industry says so.

The next thing I thought of? All the people wearing ear buds with little magnets in them. And the people on airplanes wearing Bose quiet sets.
    * posted by Creakybot 2013 all rights reserved.
    * not actually waterproof.

Seat's not level
    Yah "cell phones" was the first thing I thought of when I saw the headline.

But, everybody knows they are safe, after all the govt regulatory body that's funded by the industry says so.

The next thing I thought of? All the people wearing ear buds with little magnets in them. And the people on airplanes wearing Bose quiet sets.
    Ear Buds. Could explain my workplace. I wear them so I don't have to listen to the idjuts...now it's the ear buds that could be causing my discontent.
    Bad decisions make great stories - JP

He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I know. -- Abraham Lincoln, Unknown , Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by q_and_a
    Not sure the logic holds up. I'm right handed and use my left for my cell. Before I had bluetooth, this was the only way I could drive and shift while talking on the phone. So, it maybe the lefties, who have the altered moral compass.
    OK, so you're an outlier, too. But your reason - manual shifting - is about the same percentage as left-handedness.

A percentage offsetting both (plus a little) would be smokers, needing the left hand free to flick ash out the window.

And again, it's the right lobe that needs the zap for altered morality. Us left-eared folks are little angels.

We could blame it on Ipods, if the volume was high enough. I deem myself superior to those folks, too, so maybe that's it.

No hero that's understood
    Quote Originally Posted by danl1
    OK, so you're an outlier, too. But your reason - manual shifting - is about the same percentage as left-handedness.

A percentage offsetting both (plus a little) would be smokers, needing the left hand free to flick ash out the window.

And again, it's the right lobe that needs the zap for altered morality. Us left-eared folks are little angels.

We could blame it on Ipods, if the volume was high enough. I deem myself superior to those folks, too, so maybe that's it.
    I also left something out. I was born left handed in an age where this was considered an affliction. So as not to have to use the green scissors in elementary school, my kindhearted father forced me to be right handed. So now I'm screwed up in many an outlier in many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by q_and_a
    I also left something out. I was born left handed in an age where this was considered an affliction. So as not to have to use the green scissors in elementary school, my kindhearted father forced me to be right handed. So now I'm screwed up in many an outlier in many ways.
    I'm about that old, too, and came up through Catholic school just in case any of that newfangled lernin' might have got in the way. But Mom was a lefty, and was positively militant that I could write any way I damned well pleased.

Anti-Hero
    volunteers accepted morally dubious actions that resulted in a "happy" ending.
    *snicker*
    No turkey unless it's a club sandwich
    Brickhouse Blog