Welcome to the jungle

Make up concepts for TV Shows...

Come up with some. They don't have to be serious, 'natch.

Here's a few...

'Chester'. It's like Dexter, but instead of being about a serial-killer who only kills serial killers, it's about a sex-offender who only molests sex offenders.

'They Live'. A zombie virus hits, but, surprisingly, the side effects are that the zombies retain their sentience, lose the worst of their human traits (violence, aggression, xenophobia, racism), have increased empathy via a sort of 'group mind', and are actually on the verge of creating a utopian civilization... if only they could keep the damn redneck humans from crossbowing them, shooting them, and blowing them up.

'Bad Advice'. It's like Dr. Phil, but instead of (and amazingly, even worse than) Dr. Phil, a panel consisting of Gary Busey, Roseanne Barr, Charlie Sheen, and Shia LeBeouf listen to the problems of real people and give them relationship and mental health advice.

*I'd* watch those shows. Add your own.
    Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

System: Fake news?? Trump's a Fake President, for God's sake.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

Homer: I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind

tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Tour de Phrance. It's like the tour de France. But Pharmaceuticals are legal... all of them. In any quantity.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Remember Arena Football? What about Slamball? Well, hold onto your hats, ladies and gentlemen, 'cuz we're about to get wacky! This fall, join Paul Kariya, Bam Margera, and Travis Pastrana (because he's always involved in **** like this) for XHL! We take a normal 5-on-5 hockey game and play it in a halfpipe!

Sponsored by Mountain Dew
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

RoadBikeReview Member
    "Roxanne" a sitcom showing a prostitute whose boyfriends ( a new one each week), are rich, popular, but not that good looking entertainers that have to convince her that she doesn't have to put on the red light or wear that dress at night.

"Elf" follow the adventures of a short humanoid alien trying to stay inconspicuous disguised as a Scottish mechanic that somehow finds himself behind the wheel of racing cars. Can Elf stay undetected by the British Alien Search Team And Research Department ?

Quiet, daddy's drinking
    Leave it to Lucy's. A show about an entire apartment building of Lucille Ball impersonators. A reality show about new drivers taking their driving tests with a wacky stand-in instructor. Let the hilarity and head on crashes ensue. A detective/buddy show featuring a talking dog and a mute man where the man has to move his mouth while the dog asks the perps the questions. The catch phrase will be "Wow, may balls sure could use a lickin', knowwhatI'msayin'?"
    Just because you won't listen to reason does not mean I have to listen to idiocy.

No collusion with the delusion

“Nationalism always breaks its promises because nationalists hate enemies in their countries more than they hate the enemies of their countries" The Guardian.

RoadBikeReview Member
    The Gong Show II with Sasha as the host.

Darling of The Lounge
    "Into Uranus" Strange and baffling radio transmissions eminating from the seventh planet in our solar system sends Capt Packer and crew of the USS Hershey to explore the planet and trace the source of the transmission. While in orbit, the ship is sucked into the brown eye of a cyclonic storm.

xxl
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    "Into Uranus" Strange and baffling radio transmissions eminating from the seventh planet in our solar system sends Capt Packer and crew of the USS Hershey to explore the planet and trace the source of the transmission. While in orbit, the ship is sucked into the brown eye of a cyclonic storm.
    Couldn't they just ride along the Milky Way until they came to a black hole?
    More Americans wanted Hillary Clinton to be President than wanted Donald Trump.

Donald Trump has never had a wife he didn't cheat on.

Proud luddite
    A "Game of Thrones" spinoff that features the dragons, where they go to different parts of the world to see what they can destroy. Putin acting up in Russia? Send the dragons to torch him. North Koreans about to launch their nukes? Send the dragons to torch them. Not sure what they could call the show, maybe "My Favorite Dragons"?

Welcome to the jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    Co-starring Analeigh Tipton, Bryan Brown, and William Shatner.

Monkhouse: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    A cooking show hosted by Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg. Whoops, they've done that, and it was actually fairly entertaining.

I thought of good commercial spoof for SNL to do, but they won't take outside suggestions - a commercial for adult thong diapers. Lots of possibilities.

Proud luddite
    Quote Originally Posted by ogre View Post
    A cooking show hosted by Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg. Whoops, they've done that, and it was actually fairly entertaining.

I thought of good commercial spoof for SNL to do, but they won't take outside suggestions - a commercial for adult thong diapers. Lots of possibilities.
    A thong diaper?? That’s GOLD!!!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by azpeterb View Post
    A thong diaper?? That’s GOLD!!!
    Yeah, I kind of envision the opening shot of a pretty damn hot 60+ year old (if there's such a thing) walking by a pool with the family around.

"Mamaw, we didn't expect to see you here"!
    "Well, thanks to Granny-Strings, I can enjoy the day just like everyone else!"

[a bit of an @ss shot - hopefully shows a bit of thong diaper pufiness]...

At some point then they do a side by side absorbency test with a regular diaper......

"But you'll look marvelous......"

That's all I got.

gazing from the shadows
    I have heard (and overheard) a few pitches in my time, can't really escape them in LA, which is one reason I wouldn't want to live there long term.

The pitch has to be short, and the follow up has to ready. The pitch can sell the project, but mostly it is to get an invitation to say more. More about how that would work, who would watch, etc. So...

The Sopranos crossed with Dexter, but with the puppet from the 80s TV show Alf as both Tony AND Dexter.

Why Alf? Puppets are cheap, and puppets playing twin roles even cheaper. Plus a lot of old people liked Alf, and are a built in audience. As for new audiences, the murder/comedy space is underexploited vis a vis puppetry in the content universe, so we would have first mover advantage. A puppet cracking jokes while covered in gore is perfect for the ironic aesthetic tastes of the millennials. i mean really, in this day an age of memes and LOLcats, what better on screen indicator that someone is evil than they eat cats? Fans of all three shows spanning decades, new viewers who prefer satire to story... this project has the potential for a huge demo!
    Stout beers under trees, please.

Seat's not level
    truth or dare - the evening news edition. Contestants are shown "news" clips and need to determine if the clip is fake, the news is fake or if the news and clip are true. If they are incorrect with their answer, they have to do something stupid... like post in PO.
    Bad decisions make great stories - JP

Spring is here... snowflakes are melting.

Proud luddite
    "Hunger Games"...where celebrity chefs duke it out until only one is left alive. It would be in a tournament format, so for example you would have a matchup with Guy Fieri against Gordon Ramsey, or Giada deLaurentis against Rachel Ray, the loser dying and the winner advancing to the next round. They fight to the death using different kitchen implements.... cleavers, those metal hammers to tenderize meat, cheese graters, etc. (And yes, the cheese grater can be deadly once it gets down a few inches into your flesh...just takes time to get there.)

Russian Troll Farmer
    Quote Originally Posted by azpeterb View Post
    "Hunger Games"...where celebrity chefs duke it out until only one is left alive. It would be in a tournament format, so for example you would have a matchup with Guy Fieri against Gordon Ramsey, or Giada deLaurentis against Rachel Ray, the loser dying and the winner advancing to the next round. They fight to the death using different kitchen implements.... cleavers, those metal hammers to tenderize meat, cheese graters, etc. (And yes, the cheese grater can be deadly once it gets down a few inches into your flesh...just takes time to get there.)
    Well, we all know that Gordon Ramsey would win that contest....
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres"

Welcome to the jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by No Time Toulouse View Post
    Well, we all know that Gordon Ramsey would win that contest....
    I'm gonna go with Giada. With those abnormally large chompers of hers, I think she'd just rip her opponent's throat out, and move on...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Pro-am tandem racing.