Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,799

    McDonald’s fries cure baldness

    I plan to race to McDonald’s and stick my head in the fryer

    Chemical in McDonald’s Fries Could Cure Baldness, Study Says

  2. #2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: velodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,747
    Is this going to work better than that chain lube I tried?
    Too old to ride plastic

  3. #3
    Darling of The Lounge
    Reputation: Retro Grouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,972
    At least you'll have a nice, full head of hair when you die of coronary artery disease.

  4. #4
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: velodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    At least you'll have a nice, full head of hair when you die of coronary artery disease.
    If it works as well as my chain lube fiasco this baldness cure may lead to a coronary, but won't do anything that has anything to do with a full head of hair.
    Too old to ride plastic

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,291
    Answer: Newsweek

    Same s&^t like Huffpost, BGR and other click bait crap.

  6. #6
    Proud luddite
    Reputation: azpeterb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,661
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    I plan to race to McDonald’s and stick my head in the fryer

    Chemical in McDonald’s Fries Could Cure Baldness, Study Says
    Why should we try to “cure” our baldness? This is clearly the work of blatant anti-baldites! 😡

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Keoki View Post
    Answer: Newsweek

    Same s&^t like Huffpost, BGR and other click bait crap.
    It's not quite that bad. If you read the article, no one is saying eat fries = grow hair. The headline is just a bit misleading, something just about any main stream media source has in common when reporting on scientific topics.

    An anti-frothing chemical used in the fry grease was found to be a good substrate to grow hair follicle stem cells. Those cells would need to be implanted into your scalp in order for hair to grow.

    That said, one of my favorite jobs while working at McDonald's was to man the French fry station. I was a big pothead at that time. Staring into bubbling grease for a few hours was tremendous fun. I do have a nice head of hair though...
    Last edited by dir-t; 02-05-2018 at 03:11 PM.

  8. #8
    Frog Whisperer
    Reputation: Touch0Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    39,585
    Quote Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    Is this going to work better than that chain lube I tried?
    same stuff they fry potatoes in
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

    "There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

    "that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

  9. #9
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,799
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    I plan to race to McDonald’s and stick my head in the fryer

    Chemical in McDonald’s Fries Could Cure Baldness, Study Says
    If this is true, I'll get A JOB there.

  10. #10
    Frog Whisperer
    Reputation: Touch0Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    39,585
    10 years ago my hair was almost to my waist, now, a #7 clipper does the trick...... Except where I don't need to cut it at all. Doesn't matter, I cut it when it pissed me off worse than it pissed other people off!
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

    "There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

    "that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

  11. #11
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    10 years ago my hair was almost to my waist, now, a #7 clipper does the trick...... Except where I don't need to cut it at all. Doesn't matter, I cut it when it pissed me off worse than it pissed other people off!
    While I dont think anyone WANTS to be bald I am kinda used to my very low maintenance regimen when it come to my hair. No blow dryers, mousses, gels, etc. Shower to out the door in 20 minutes

  12. #12
    Frog Whisperer
    Reputation: Touch0Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    39,585
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    While I dont think anyone WANTS to be bald I am kinda used to my very low maintenance regimen when it come to my hair. No blow dryers, mousses, gels, etc. Shower to out the door in 20 minutes
    never used any product, I got out of the shower and my wife would braid my hair. I don't really miss that either
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

    "There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

    "that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

  13. #13
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: velodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    10 years ago my hair was almost to my waist, now, a #7 clipper does the trick...... Except where I don't need to cut it at all. Doesn't matter, I cut it when it pissed me off worse than it pissed other people off!
    I once new a dude who was clean shaven with hair down to his waist. I didn't see him for a long while and when I did his hair was shorn and his beard was down to his chest. When I asked he said he got tired of brushing his hair and shaving.

    Understood.
    Too old to ride plastic

  14. #14
    hfc
    hfc is offline
    Doesn't like subtitles
    Reputation: hfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    3,440
    Quote Originally Posted by dir-t View Post
    It's not quite that bad. If you read the article, no one is saying eat fries = grow hair. The headline is just a bit misleading, something just about any main stream media source has in common when reporting on scientific topics.

    An anti-frothing chemical used in the fry grease was found to be a good substrate to grow hair follicle stem cells. Those cells would need to be implanted into your scalp in order for hair to grow.
    ..
    This is no place for a rational discussion of the scientific merits of this article. Now excuse me while I go slather my head in grease.

  15. #15
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: velodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,747
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc View Post
    This is no place for a rational discussion of the scientific merits of this article. Now excuse me while I go slather my head in grease.
    Thank you for stopping that obvious thread drift.
    Too old to ride plastic

  16. #16
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,799
    Quote Originally Posted by dir-t View Post
    It's not quite that bad. If you read the article, no one is saying eat fries = grow hair. The headline is just a bit misleading, something just about any main stream media source has in common when reporting on scientific topics.

    An anti-frothing chemical used in the fry grease was found to be a good substrate to grow hair follicle stem cells. Those cells would need to be implanted into your scalp in order for hair to grow.

    That said, one of my favorite jobs while working at McDonald's was to man the French fry station. I was a big pothead at that time. Staring into bubbling grease for a few hours was tremendous fun. I do have a nice head of hair though...
    Nobody would have read the article is the title was "Japanese scientists show that dimethylpolysiloxane may increase follicle development in mice"

  17. #17
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: velodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,747
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    Nobody would have read the article is the title was "Japanese scientists show that dimethylpolysiloxane may increase follicle development in mice"
    Maybe a Biologist whose focus is on small mammals.

    And if s\he was balding, well hell a win/win.
    Too old to ride plastic

  18. #18
    Frog Whisperer
    Reputation: Touch0Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    39,585
    Quote Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    Maybe a Biologist whose focus is on small mammals.

    And if s\he was balding, well hell a win/win.
    So, lemme get this straight, if you fry mice, they grow more hair...... Check, where is my fryer...
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

    "There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

    "that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

  19. #19
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: velodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    6,747
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    So, lemme get this straight, if you fry mice, they grow more hair...... Check, where is my fryer...
    Taste like chicken, without all those nasty feathers.
    Too old to ride plastic

  20. #20
    Frog Whisperer
    Reputation: Touch0Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    39,585
    Quote Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    Taste like chicken, without all those nasty feathers.
    mmmmmmm feathers........what do I rub on my head to grow feathers??????
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

    "There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

    "that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

  21. #21
    What the what???
    Reputation: Opus51569's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    mmmmmmm feathers........what do I rub on my head to grow feathers??????




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out seems easy, wait until you turn around...

  22. #22
    Frog Whisperer
    Reputation: Touch0Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    39,585
    Quote Originally Posted by Opus51569 View Post




    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    does that come in pods?
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

    "There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

    "that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

  23. #23
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,235
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    While I dont think anyone WANTS to be bald I am kinda used to my very low maintenance regimen when it come to my hair. No blow dryers, mousses, gels, etc. Shower to out the door in 20 minutes
    I view baldness as being ahead of evolutionary curve.

    Name:  extraterrestrials.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  47.0 KB

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-27-2012, 04:54 AM
  2. Male Pattern Baldness
    By kmunny19 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 07:27 AM
  3. Post pics of your baldness....mhm
    By PlasticMotif in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 08-14-2008, 04:58 PM
  4. Losing my lid! What to do? (or, The Baldness Poll)
    By Hollywood in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 11-28-2006, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

roadbikereview.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.