Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: more nnc

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    miles are just about in....elevation...I suspect I will need another 50 miles
    Yeah, I was out today too. Was thinking about you during ride and figured you'd be out today if you had weather up there like I did here. Life is good.
    Too old to ride plastic

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nevermind
    Last edited by DeepV; 1 Week Ago at 01:57 PM.

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by velodog View Post
    Yeah, I was out today too. Was thinking about you during ride and figured you'd be out today if you had weather up there like I did here. Life is good.
    Mid to upper 40's wind out the SW at 8 or 9. Good ride
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

Frog Whisperer
    omg, omg, omg.....I made a SERIOUS error! When I got my new GPS last summer, I forgot that since it had a barometric altimeter, I didn't need to have data smoothing enabled! The was no multipath reflectivity error to be compensated for. My uncorrected (or should I say, properly corrected by SRTM (Shuttle radar topography mission)) elevation is actually 275,169 ft. I blew my old record away by almost 20,000 ft. I still have 7.53 miles BUT.....around the block is over 8!

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

waterproof*
    Damn near got to either spend a couple of months in the hospital or killed today. Pounded into a 22 mph headwind for 10 miles and I had more than enough. I turned and headed home. As I was coming past Trek's main entrance, I see an SUV signalling to turn in to the lot. He slowed way down and stopped so I figured he saw me and was yielding to my right of way. Well I was going down a 3% grade with that 22 mph tailwind directly behind me so I was clipping. All the sudden, he started the turn RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. He seemed to hesitate then kept going, I was maybe 20 feet from him and I grabbed a double handful of brakes and got my right foot unclipped to try to keep myself from going down. I went through my options....hit him, let him hit me or try to get around behind him, the lane was clear. THEN he stopped....I slid sideways past the front of the car and when I got stopped he rolled his window down and said "OMG I am so, so sorry, it was entirely my fault"

my response: "Your fvcking right it was!!!!!!!!"

Probably a good thing I was NOT wearing the HRM today! I might have actually stopped beating for a couple of beats!! (when it got over 250)

That is the closest I have ever come to a VERY serious crash! I am probably NOT going to tell my wife the story!

does Trek make good bikes?
    * not actually a Rock Star

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees View Post
    does Trek make good bikes?
    just not good drivers! fwiw I was riding my Waterford (which was ACTUALLY handbuilt in WI, unlike all Treks from now on)

RoadBikeReview Member
    omg, omg, omg.....I made a SERIOUS error! When I got my new GPS last summer, I forgot that since it had a barometric altimeter, I didn't need to have data smoothing enabled! The was no multipath reflectivity error to be compensated for. My uncorrected (or should I say, properly corrected by SRTM (Shuttle radar topography mission)) elevation is actually 275,169 ft. I blew my old record away by almost 20,000 ft. I still have 7.53 miles BUT.....around the block is over 8!
    Shux, seeing this, you may as well go for 300,000 ft. of elevation this year.
    Too old to ride plastic

Frog Whisperer
    Shux, seeing this, you may as well go for 300,000 ft. of elevation this year.
    I'd rep you brother, but the hamsters nixed it. High today was 34 at 9 am, 25 mph winds no ride today!

RoadBikeReview Member
    I'd rep you brother, but the hamsters nixed it. High today was 34 at 9 am, 25 mph winds no ride today!
    It was sunny and kinda nice this morning so after breakfast I got out for a ride, but by the time I got out the sun went away and the breeze started picking up. But seeing as I was all dressed I gave it a go.

I got out a few miles and I felt my blood sugar getting low. I got some carbs in quick before things got out of hand(I'm Diabetic), but I never really recovered my strength so I started heading home. I got home with 20.some miles but all I was really doing was moving my legs, don't know if I'd even call it riding.

Nothing but a wasted effort, and I'm still out of sorts. There'll be more chances to get out.
    Too old to ride plastic

Frog Whisperer
    It was sunny and kinda nice this morning so after breakfast I got out for a ride, but by the time I got out the sun went away and the breeze started picking up. But seeing as I was all dressed I gave it a go.

I got out a few miles and I felt my blood sugar getting low. I got some carbs in quick before things got out of hand(I'm Diabetic), but I never really recovered my strength so I started heading home. I got home with 20.some miles but all I was really doing was moving my legs, don't know if I'd even call it riding.

Nothing but a wasted effort, and I'm still out of sorts. There'll be more chances to get out.
    Not wasted, never wasted if you are on the saddle!

Frog Whisperer
    I made it...with a 20% down payment on the next hundred , if the weather holds out
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails more nnc-capture.jpg  

RoadBikeReview Member
    I made it...with a 20% down payment on the next hundred , if the weather holds out
    I new ya was gonna, and if I'm not mistaken there are a coupla good days gonna be coming up. Maybe a little wet, but if the temps are around 50 it may be doable. I still think that you've got a good chance of seeing 4000 this year.

Counting on my fingers I made 4003.20 but the computer shows one more day and 4078.87. Don't know which is right, but either way I made 4000. None of the climbing that you see though.

Good work.
    Too old to ride plastic

Frog Whisperer
    I new ya was gonna, and if I'm not mistaken there are a coupla good days gonna be coming up. Maybe a little wet, but if the temps are around 50 it may be doable. I still think that you've got a good chance of seeing 4000 this year.

Counting on my fingers I made 4003.20 but the computer shows one more day and 4078.87. Don't know which is right, but either way I made 4000. None of the climbing that you see though.

Good work.
    Swing up here 2500/30 miles is easy!

Frog Whisperer
    26+ additional today

RoadBikeReview Member
    26+ additional today
    Well done.
    Too old to ride plastic

Frog Whisperer
    Well done.
    It was pretty nice this afternoon, 36, sunny light winds.

Sooper Dooper Moderator!
    Me: 2600 miles so far this year. 83,000 elevation gain.

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by il sogno View Post
    Me: 2600 miles so far this year. 83,000 elevation gain.
    If you quit galavanting all over you could ride more!

RoadBikeReview Member
    If you quit galavanting all over you could ride more!
    Galavanting
    Too old to ride plastic

RoadBikeReview Member
    40*, 15mph wind, no sun and rain coming so I'm staying in.

I hate to say it but I'm gonna hafta set up my trainer.
    Too old to ride plastic

RoadBikeReview Member
    Damn near got to either spend a couple of months in the hospital or killed today. Pounded into a 22 mph headwind for 10 miles and I had more than enough. I turned and headed home. As I was coming past Trek's main entrance, I see an SUV signalling to turn in to the lot. He slowed way down and stopped so I figured he saw me and was yielding to my right of way. Well I was going down a 3% grade with that 22 mph tailwind directly behind me so I was clipping. All the sudden, he started the turn RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. He seemed to hesitate then kept going, I was maybe 20 feet from him and I grabbed a double handful of brakes and got my right foot unclipped to try to keep myself from going down. I went through my options....hit him, let him hit me or try to get around behind him, the lane was clear. THEN he stopped....I slid sideways past the front of the car and when I got stopped he rolled his window down and said "OMG I am so, so sorry, it was entirely my fault"

my response: "Your fvcking right it was!!!!!!!!"

Probably a good thing I was NOT wearing the HRM today! I might have actually stopped beating for a couple of beats!! (when it got over 250)

That is the closest I have ever come to a VERY serious crash! I am probably NOT going to tell my wife the story!
    just not good drivers! fwiw I was riding my Waterford (which was ACTUALLY handbuilt in WI, unlike all Treks from now on)
    Mighta maybe been aimin'.

Probably not tho.
    Too old to ride plastic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12