Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Not Banned
    the sides of your eyes have more rods, less cones thus are more sensitive to shifts in light and dark
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

Cat 6

Banned forever.....or not
    I find that apparitions always leave when you cut a really bad one. Usually it clears the house of the living AND the dead.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

Frog Whisperer
    "because I've felt it, I believe it
    There are things I've never seen that I believe"

Pete Sears:Grace Slick
    Hyperdrive

there's physics, and then, there's metaphysics!
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles
    I was just thinking a couple of days ago that we haven't had an update on this thread in a while. I'm sure that had something to do with it.

Ricardo Cabeza
    I was just up in the attic. Heard Mrs69 start to come up the attic stairs (bare wood). A very distinctive sound. I stopped what I was doing and looked over, expecting to see her.

Nope. She was in the living room and hadn't moved from the couch.

I'm of the mind that I could be hearing something else that's similar, and my brain is associating it with a pattern that it knows. I can't imagine what it would be. I've been in this house for over 6 years, and I know the sounds it makes. This was the sound of someone taking three steps up the attic stairs.

One more for the unexplained category.
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

Not Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    I was just up in the attic. Heard Mrs69 start to come up the attic stairs (bare wood). A very distinctive sound. I stopped what I was doing and looked over, expecting to see her.

Nope. She was in the living room and hadn't moved from the couch.

I'm of the mind that I could be hearing something else that's similar, and my brain is associating it with a pattern that it knows. I can't imagine what it would be. I've been in this house for over 6 years, and I know the sounds it makes. This was the sound of someone taking three steps up the attic stairs.

One more for the unexplained category.
    and that's the rub. A rational mind trying to make sense of irrational events happening over and over. At a certain point you say "I can't explain the stuff I am experiencing so I am either seeing / hearing stuff or I've lost my mind"
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

Ricardo Cabeza
    This morning my daughter came running downstairs screaming. She was terrified - shaking and crying. She had been in her room playing the piano. She said all of a sudden she felt a presence behind her. She turned around and saw a dark figure. That's when she shrieked and got up and ran. She said it followed her out of her room and down the hall.

She was scared, and on the way to school very quiet. She was usually very talkative.
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    OK, I'll admit that I watch those silly Haunted shows on cable. My wife makes fun of me. The kids say 'its fake'. I'm not deterred.

One thing they do on these shows which seems to help is get the house blessed, or do a cleansing using a smoking bundle of sage. Maybe try that. Or move.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Hell, they need to break out the Ouija board and find out what's up from the ghost itself!

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Hell, they need to break out the Ouija board and find out what's up from the ghost itself!
    I wouldn't have one of those things in my house.

Ricardo Cabeza
    Yeah, ixnay on the Ouija board

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperAndy's Garage

Eddy 53:11
    This thread is BACK! Yea!
    Live vicariously through yourself.
    There are no physical laws that govern the will.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Just spent the last half an hour reading and skimming through.... very interesting stuff Andy69.... Keep the stories coming
    "I refuse to be afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday & I love today!!"

"There are only two ways to establish competitive advantage: do things better than others or do them differently."

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there."

2009 SCOTT Speedster w/Ultegra 6800
    2007 IRONHORSE HT

Schuylkill Trail Bum

What's up with those things anyway?

My sister and I used to scare the crap out of ourselves with the ouija board when we were kids.

Ricardo Cabeza
    Quote Originally Posted by ROAD&DIRT View Post
    Just spent the last half an hour reading and skimming through.... very interesting stuff Andy69.... Keep the stories coming
    The weird things don't seem to happen all that often, maybe once every couple of months, but they are getting weirder and harder to explain.

SuperAndy's Garage

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    The weird things don't seem to happen all that often, maybe once every couple of months, but they are getting weirder and harder to explain.

You should get one of those ghost hunters shows to come in. You could maybe make a few bucks on the undead living in your house.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Why though? Who says it's "bad"? If there are spirits, give them a way to communicate. They won't be so restless anymore.

Ricardo Cabeza
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Why though? Who says it's "bad"? If there are spirits, give them a way to communicate. They won't be so restless anymore.
    The last thing I need is for my kids to go to school and talk about using one at home. Those hyper religious people would blow their collective gasket

SuperAndy's Garage

RoadBikeReview Member
    The last thing I need is for my kids to go to school and talk about using one at home. Those hyper religious people would blow their collective gasket
    Those religious people talk to ghosts all the time. At least the Ouija board lets the ghosts respond.

Think of how sick to death they must be of all the one-sided conversations.

Ricardo Cabeza
    More recent activity.

My daughter saw an apparition at the foot of her bed. She described it as a 9-10 year old boy dressed in old style clothing. He had a bluish hue and was transparent. I asked if it scared her and she said no, that she is more curious than anything.

She's also been seeing (repeatedly) a low white figure or thing or light or something crossing through the kitchen. I've seen that and so has Mrs69. It's definitely not headlights from a car.

We've also been repeatedly hearing a thump on the stairs, like a footfall of someone starting to descend.

This stuff has gotten more frequent all of a sudden, and a little more strange.

If this gets any more intense, I'm going to think hard about conducting some sort of scientific data collection - electromagnetic and temp at least, maybe infrared, over time at regular intervals. Not like the stupid ghost hunter shows mind you, but rather trying to record what is obviously some sort of physical phenomena. If it can be seen and heard, it can be recorded and analyzed. I find this stuff interesting, as hell.
    I'd forgotten about something. I was fortunate enough to be at the top of the stairs when mrs69 heard the footfall. I heard it too at it was only a couple feet away. Sounded to me like the kind of crack you hear when the house was settling. Came from the top step. Interesting how the sound changes depending on where in the house you hear it. I had heard it several times from the living room.

SuperAndy's Garage

Ricardo Cabeza

my daughter watched a shadow come down the stairs and go around the corner

Girl69 slept in her room last night. She had the light on, but she was ok with it. That's good for her. My son won't go near his room. Last time we tried to make him sleep there he was terrified.

The funny thing is, there's no history in this house that one could point to as a potential explanation. It was built in 1972, we are the second owners, the previous owners had one son, and all three made it out of here alive :-). No dead relatives or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkl

SuperAndy's Garage

RoadBikeReview Member
    Well if it is a spirit it obviously has no bad intentions, it's had this long and hasn't harmed anyone, I would guess it's comfortable enough with you all to show itself a bit more. Celebrate and open up to it some. What was on the property prior to 1972?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567