Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by burgrat View Post
    So the guy didn't look at an x-ray or anything and just did the procedure?
    The guy, who was a woman, didn't take any x-rays. I supposed the dentist could have shared his in the time between appointments though.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Strongbow View Post
    The guy, who was a woman, didn't take any x-rays. I supposed the dentist could have shared his in the time between appointments though.
    Did she (the endodontist) take any x-rays during the root canal procedure? That is done during the procedure to make sure the fill (of the canal(s)) is done correctly. Just curious.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Strongbow View Post
    oh good, so if I'm not lying then being referred to an endodontists who just did the procedure without question or analysis was clearly just a product of my imagination.
    And my old college buddy who's a dentist now telling me what I said happens, does, is also a product of my imagination. Or maybe he was lying? Not sure what his motive could have been but sure, okay, got it.
    any endodontist whom would blindly seat a patient and start filing the canals without first doing their own assessment and diagnosis is committing malpractice.

They are not technicians - they are not under the control of a doctor who makes the diagnosis and tells them what to do. There are many medical professions which are indeed technicians (eg xray techs, dental hygienists, etc), but that is not what endodontists are. They are individually accountable and responsible for the diagnosis, treatment plans and treatment they perform.

They do not have to necessarily do everything with the patient in the chair. They can read the chart and the xrays sent over from the GP, but it is absolutely imperative they have enough data and have made their own diagnosis and treatment plan (even if it is all in their head, done in a moment) to make a diagnosis they can agree with before doing such invasive therapy.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pmf View Post
    And we all know that you're uniquely qualified to weigh in on pretty much anything
    I am not qualified to weigh in on anything other than the dental field and be taken for any kind of an expert. It's the only field I have some expertise, as a licensed professional.
    Last edited by BCSaltchucker; 07-14-2017 at 04:57 PM.

RoadBikeReview Member
    The second tooth barely bothered me at all and at first I thought maybe I was starting to get a sinus infection(the problem tooth was in the upper front), but after feeling like I was coming down with the flu, I decided I'd better get the tooth checked out. Yep, it was abscessed and causing a fever.

I seem to have a "summer cold" of sorts, weird sinus congestion without any other symptoms- had a sore throat this week, stuffy nose, but no sneezing or coughing.

RoadBikeReview Member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post

I seem to have a "summer cold" of sorts, weird sinus congestion without any other symptoms- had a sore throat this week, stuffy nose, but no sneezing or coughing.
    It's been several years since I had that tooth problem, and I can't remember exactly what symptoms I was having, but I don't recall having congestion or sore throat. The tooth must have been doing something to make me think I might have a problem with a tooth, but I do remember that the discomfort was vague and extended high enough above my mouth that it made me wonder if it might be the beginning of a sinus infection. I'd never had a sinus infection and still haven't, so I don't know what one really feels like. I suppose something about it must have persuaded me to go to the dentist rather than the doctor though I can't recall the exact details.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123