Proud luddite

My name is azpeterb, and I am addicted to Gin Gins

Damn you, Gin Gins! You entice me with your strong ginger flavor, slight sweetness, and oddly captivating chewiness. You were supposed to last for a couple weeks but I will have consumed the entire bag in 2 days. I hate you. Yet I can not look away, I can not resist your charm. I am a slave in a Gin Gin world that I am too afraid to leave, too obsessed to even try. Sigh.

My name is azpeterb, and I am addicted to Gin Gins-gingins_original.jpg

Sweet Potato Kugel
    Thank you. I eat pickled ginger everyday. I buy it at the local sushi place. Now I can have the candy!!!

Proud luddite
    Quote Originally Posted by Eretz View Post
    Thank you. I eat pickled ginger everyday. I buy it at the local sushi place. Now I can have the candy!!!
    Yeah, pickled ginger is good stuff too! We made some vegie sushi rolls over the weekend and the pickled ginger went well with that. We're also into juicing now, and I put a chunk of ginger root in every juice that I make. And now it's Gin Gins. I hope there's no such thing as ginger overdose, because I think I might be perilously close!

Sweet Potato Kugel
    Quote Originally Posted by azpeterb View Post
    I hope there's no such thing as ginger overdose, because I think I might be perilously close!
    Yes there is. Huge amount of Vit-C in ginger, though being water soluble you'd think it would pass with urination and sweat... but it does give a huge mental boost to the brain. When I stop taking ginger - either through travel or lack of supply or inconvenience to acquire ...I crash.

xxl
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002
    If y'all like ginger, this is the schizznits:

Blenheim Ginger Ale

n00bsauce
    I thought this thread had some promise until I figured out it was about candy. The only gin gin of note is a gin gin mule. And the only ginger drink worth a hoot is ginger beer, and then only when it's in a dark and stormy. Candy's for kids!
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire

There are your fog people & your sun people, he said. I said I wasn't sure which kind I was. He nodded. Fog'll do that to you, he said.

"We are all ignorant about most things."
    Mel Erickson

xxl
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Erickson View Post
    I thought this thread had some promise until I figured out it was about candy. The only gin gin of note is a gin gin mule. And the only ginger drink worth a hoot is ginger beer, and then only when it's in a dark and stormy. Candy's for kids!
    If you're a ginger beer/ale aficionado, you simply must try the Blenheim's line, you won't be disappointed. Soda pop for kids it ain't.

Proud luddite
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Erickson View Post
    Fine then! I wasn't going to share my Gin Gins with your nappy self anyway!

Not a rocket surgeon.

My name is azpeterb, and I am addicted to Gin Gins

I had the wife pick some up last night. They are good.

Do what he say!
    I'll eat about anything at a sushi restaurant...except the pickled ginger. It might be the only pickled food I don't like. In fact I don't like ginger in just about anything. There I said it. Oddly enough, the lady-friend and I do make ginger tea from raw ginger from time to time. Still not a huge fan of the tast but it does seem to help with digestion. Supposed to be detoxifying too according to the doctors of eastern decent.
    I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

No go away, or I shall taunt you a second time.

RoadBikeReview Member
    We've been drinking tea made from fresh ginger lately- started when I couldn't shake the cough and John decided it was time for hot toddies. Now, we make the toddies w/o the added whisky for regular consumption.

Love ginger candy, but usually find a different brand around here (in Chinese). Haven't had it in a while, never saw Gin Gins.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2011
    I spotted them at the health food store today and picked up a package. First impression, yes they are addictive.
    They will be a good treat while riding.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Picked up a bag of some other brand after we ate at the local Chinatown last night. They're a nice treat at work. Spicy!