Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314 LastLast

Thread: NBA Finals

Cat 6
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Jinxed it. SA just got Rudy Gay... major acquisition.
    Yeah, they desperately needed that one.

Cat 6
    The Believeland house of cards is really collapsing if this is true....
    Report: Kyrie Irving requests trade from Cavaliers | NBCS Bay Area

take on me
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckice View Post
    The Believeland house of cards is really collapsing if this is true....
    Report: Kyrie Irving requests trade from Cavaliers | NBCS Bay Area
    Damb. Well, that blows up the East. It's up for grabs now. How good are the Celtics feelin' right now? The Wizards? Raptors?

Also greatly increases chances that LeBron will leave the Cavs after next season.
    System: Fake news?? Trump is a Fake President™, for god's sake.

Monk: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

EJ Dionne: Modern-day conservatism isn't conservatism. It's reaction rooted in deep pessimism that isn't in keeping with the American character.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

Cat 6
    Damb. Well, that blows up the East. It's up for grabs now. How good are the Celtics feelin' right now? The Wizards? Raptors?

Also greatly increases chances that LeBron will leave the Cavs after next season.
    Yep and yep. LBJ to LA seems much more believable now...

30 mpdb
    I bet Lebron stays in the East. Whatever team he is on, will have enough talent around him to get back to the Finals - probability is likely > 80%.

If he goes to LA (or any other team in the West that's not G.S. or S.A.), he's got maybe a 20% chance of getting to the Finals, because that side of the league is just flat out stacked. Plus, his leash will be way shorter than it is in Cleveland - one of the reasons he left Miami. Lebron basically got Gilbert to give up some control to him, so as long as Lebron gets his way there, he'll play there.

take on me
    Yep and yep. LBJ to LA seems much more believable now...
    Or maybe the Clippers. Also an LA team, and in better position to contend than the Lakers.

Monk: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

EJ Dionne: Modern-day conservatism isn't conservatism. It's reaction rooted in deep pessimism that isn't in keeping with the American character.

Cat 6
    Or maybe the Clippers. Also an LA team, and in better position to contend than the Lakers.
    I'm not sure the clips will be in better position in a year or so with the lakers' young talent. Lbj could catapult them to upper echelon. :shrug:

take on me
    I'm not sure the clips will be in better position in a year or so with the lakers' young talent. Lbj could catapult them to upper echelon. :shrug:
    They're going to go from a 26-win team to going toe-to-toe with the Warriors via just LeBron joining the team?

I dunno, man. You'd also have to see how much cap space they have to go free-agent hunting. One guy does not make a super-team, and that's what you need to take on GS, more or less.

However, Kyrie has listed San Antonio as one of his 'preferred teams' to go to. If he did wind up there, you potentially have Kawhi, Kyrie, Parker and Ginobli all playing together for at least one season. Helluva team, that. Might have a chance to interrupt the Warriors dynasty, at least, even if they can't stop it (Ginobli will retire soon, and Parker's pretty old).

But, Cleveland's owner is a bit of a douche, reportedly. He might just send Kyrie to the Nets out of spite for all we know, lol.

Cat 6
    They're going to go from a 26-win team to going toe-to-toe with the Warriors via just LeBron joining the team?

I dunno, man. You'd also have to see how much cap space they have to go free-agent hunting. One guy does not make a super-team, and that's what you need to take on GS, more or less.

However, Kyrie has listed San Antonio as one of his 'preferred teams' to go to. If he did wind up there, you potentially have Kawhi, Kyrie, Parker and Ginobli all playing together for at least one season. Helluva team, that. Might have a chance to interrupt the Warriors dynasty, at least, even if they can't stop it (Ginobli will retire soon, and Parker's pretty old).

But, Cleveland's owner is a bit of a douche, reportedly. He might just send Kyrie to the Nets out of spite for all we know, lol.
    No...I'm saying I think he'd be better of with the Lakers. I think they're on an upswing. I don't see anything good happening for the Clips with no CP3.

Kyrie + Leonard would be tough but I still don't see them beating the Warriors in a best of seven. I really wouldn't be shocked to see Irving end up in NY since he's a NJ guy.

Cat 6
    Wow, Kyrie for Isiah?

Not Banned
    Wow, Kyrie for Isiah?
    Isiah, a couple others and a first round pick

might keep Lebron in Cleveland
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

take on me
    Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie View Post
    Isiah, a couple others and a first round pick

might keep Lebron in Cleveland
    One of those others is Jae Crowder.

CLE may have outnegotiated Boston on this. They now look quite strong, despite losing Irving.

Cat 6
    The defensive help they got in Crowder is completely negated by Isiah's D. IMO this trade is a wash other than crazy to see the 1 & 2 in East making a mega deal.

take on me
    The defensive help they got in Crowder is completely negated by Isiah's D. IMO this trade is a wash other than crazy to see the 1 & 2 in East making a mega deal.
    Irving's not exactly known for his defense either. 'Inconsistent' is the nicest word you could use, I guess.

Still gonna give the edge to CLE on the deal, contingent on how that first round pick they snagged goes.

That's a Nets' 2018 pick, so, very likely a high one. Like Top 5 or Top 3.

Windrider (Stubborn)
    Irving is a terrible defender.

Boston knew that Thomas had reached his peak and they weren't going to Max him next year. Irving is younger, bigger and still has room to grow. It's a talent swap today with more upside for boston

Cleveland gets great defensive help in Crowder, replaces their play making guard for at least a year, gets a piece they can build on (if LeBron leaves) or trade for other talent (If leBron stays). It's a win for both sides.

Fascinating.

"Evil....is the complete lack of Empathy!"

""We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. " Aristotle

No one is as bad as the worst thing they have done & no one is as good as the best thing they have done.........think of that when you feel like you understand someone.

Windrider (Stubborn)
    Quote Originally Posted by Len J View Post
    Irving is a terrible defender.

Boston knew that Thomas had reached his peak and they weren't going to Max him next year. Irving is younger, bigger and still has room to grow. It's a talent swap today with more upside for boston

Cleveland gets great defensive help in Crowder, replaces their play making guard for at least a year, gets a piece they can build on (if LeBron leaves) or trade for other talent (If leBron stays). It's a win for both sides.

Fascinating.
    And the trade has enough current and future opportunity for Cleveland that it "Could" keep LeBron interested in staying in Cleveland.

"Evil....is the complete lack of Empathy!"

""We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. " Aristotle

No one is as bad as the worst thing they have done & no one is as good as the best thing they have done.........think of that when you feel like you understand someone.

Not Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Len J View Post
    And the trade has enough current and future opportunity for Cleveland that it "Could" keep LeBron interested in staying in Cleveland.
    that is my thought as well. It keeps them in the hunt and they will get an amazing young talent for Lebron to mentor and at some point, pass the baton

take on me
    LOL. Apparently, during the 'shopping Kyrie around the league' process, CLE tried to get Golden State to do an Irving-for-Klay-Thompson straight-up trade.

GS is said to have shot that down right quick.

Not Banned
    LOL. Apparently, during the 'shopping Kyrie around the league' process, CLE tried to get Golden State to do an Irving-for-Klay-Thompson straight-up trade.

GS is said to have shot that down right quick.
    if Irving wants to be THE star on 'his team' the Warriors would be the last place. Klay is a better defender and quite happy to share the limelight

take on me
    if Irving wants to be THE star on 'his team' the Warriors would be the last place. Klay is a better defender and quite happy to share the limelight
    +10000.

Many ppl 'ooh and aah' over GS's 'weapons', but actually a lot of what makes GS so good is team chemistry/unselfishness, and willingness to work hard on the defensive end.

Kyrie is an offensive marvel, but he falls flat in both of those other areas. Plus it's not like GS really needs more offensive firepower.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013
    exactly.. he would be #3 at best...maybe #4

Cat 6
    IT hip injury in the middle of it.......

Not Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by spdntrxi View Post
    exactly.. he would be #3 at best...maybe #4
    plus he lacks the mentality. The Warriors always make one extra pass, that isn't Irving's MO

take on me
    Can't believe the season is just six weeks and change away.

Feels almost like just last week GS smoked the Cavs in five.

Charles Barkley is right... the season really *is* too long.

Cat 6
    Can't believe the season is just six weeks and change away.

Feels almost like just last week GS smoked the Cavs in five.

Charles Barkley is right... the season really *is* too long.
    Isn't it going to be longer this season? I thought they added some extra rest days or something. They need to scrap a month from regular season, 2 weeks from pre-season and maybe shorten first 2 playoff rounds back to best of 5 imo.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 11121314 LastLast