Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Finals

biding my time
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeBiker View Post
    My thoughts exactly; it almost always boils down to money. It's especially painful when the outcome seems predetermined.
    The Cavs should at least put up a good fight in Game 3, perhaps even win it.

Somehow the karma waves are singin' that tune. And I'm a GS fan.
    System: Fake news?? Trump is a Fake President™, for god's sake.

Monk: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

EJ Dionne: Modern-day conservatism isn't conservatism. It's reaction rooted in deep pessimism that isn't in keeping with the American character.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2002
    My thoughts exactly; it almost always boils down to money. It's especially painful when the outcome seems predetermined.
    Exactly. I've always wondered why the baseball season can't be 100 games. But for those extra 62 games hundreds/thousands of people are getting paid. From players to TV rights to grounds crew to food/drink vendors to parking lots to neighborhood restaurants/bars, etc.

biding my time
    Quote Originally Posted by lampshade View Post
    Exactly. I've always wondered why the baseball season can't be 100 games. But for those extra 62 games hundreds/thousands of people are getting paid. From players to TV rights to grounds crew to food/drink vendors to parking lots to neighborhood restaurants/bars, etc.
    Unfortunately, looks like it's going the other (aka wrong) way.

The NFL wants to go to an 18 game season eventually, and likely 16 teams in the playoffs instead of 12. They're gonna have mad injuries from a prolonged season, but hey, who cares 'bout the players? They can always get more.

Monk: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

EJ Dionne: Modern-day conservatism isn't conservatism. It's reaction rooted in deep pessimism that isn't in keeping with the American character.

Cat 6
    I would hope that tonight will be the best game of the series. That said, the Cavs collective basketball IQ isn't on par with the Warriors and the desperation of being down 2-0 could yield some bad basketball.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    Unfortunately, looks like it's going the other (aka wrong) way.

The NFL wants to go to an 18 game season eventually, and likely 16 teams in the playoffs instead of 12. They're gonna have mad injuries from a prolonged season, but hey, who cares 'bout the players? They can always get more.
    The effect sports can have on a city is crazy. Where National's Park is, here in DC, used to be a really bad area. When they first started up there would be a line of DC cops outside the Metro directing you exactly to the park entrance. Advising you to not go the other direction. Now it's all new condo buildings, bars, and fancy grocery stores. The money aspect of sports is huge and goes way beyond the big player salaries everyone always talks about.

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles
    Mixed feelings about the game tonight, another blowout will let me go to bed on time and give up on the series. These late east coast start times are rough. On the other hand I feel like Tyron Lue needs to win one game to not be seen as a failure after being put in a very tough spot, I.e. Replacing coach of conference leading team coming off previous season loss in Finals with two stars injured.

Cat 6
    Is Lue even coaching? They seemingly ran on auto-pilot throughout the east thanks to far weaker talent. Then a real test comes along and his gameplan is to stick with the gameplan? Their success is if Lebron is driving to create/draw defenders and either finishing or finding open shooters. One trick pony teams don't win rings.
    Last edited by chuckice; 06-08-2016 at 10:35 AM.

biding my time
    Ruh roh... Kevin Love will be sitting out Game 3. Did not get medically cleared to play.

Cat 6
    I think that helps them...they need to play tougher and more physical to have a prayer and Love is neither.

disgruntled pigskin fan
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckice View Post
    I think that helps them...they need to play tougher and more physical to have a prayer and Love is neither.
    I agree. Love's absence from most of the playoffs last year was a convenient excuse for their struggles agains GS. This year the Cavs at full strength with Love and Irving back have been obliterated by GS's bench. I say throw in Dellavadova and Frye and roll the dice. Can't do much worse.

biding my time
    I agree. Love's absence from most of the playoffs last year was a convenient excuse for their struggles agains GS. This year the Cavs at full strength with Love and Irving back have been obliterated by GS's bench. I say throw in Dellavadova and Frye and roll the dice. Can't do much worse.
    If Tyronn Lue is an NBA-level coach at all, he's going to make some major changes/adjustments for Game 3.

Can't go with the same ol', same ol' when you're getting flat killed out there.

Cat 6
    King James the Chosen needs to drop 40/10/10 and I expect to Witness his inner Jordan for them to have a shot tonight.

You can bet Lue will not do anything dramatic...he's not that high of an IQ coach. Starting Jefferson is the big move and that's a forced hand shakeup. This is all on Lebron.

Cat 6
    Maybe someday we'll get a good game.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Can't wait to hear the pontificators pontificate away this turn of events. NO ONE was predicting this kind of game 3.

biding my time
    What did I say?:

The Cavs should at least put up a good fight in Game 3, perhaps even win it.

Somehow the karma waves are singin' that tune. And I'm a GS fan.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013
    they threw it to win at home.. not at GS fan, but I don't mind them

30 mpdb
    Quote Originally Posted by spdntrxi View Post
    The series is definitely going the full 7 games. I have it on good authority that neither team wants to be responsible for free taco bell tacos hitting the streets.

biding my time
    No one throws a game in the playoffs. Cavs won fair n' square.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013
    No one throws a game in the playoffs. Cavs won fair n' square.
    I wish. I'd gamble if that were true.

Seat's not level
    Anyone watching?
    No....
    Bad decisions make great stories - JP

Spring is here... snowflakes are melting.

Windrider (Stubborn)
    I would love to see the drama of a game 6 in Cleveland if Cleveland won game 4 in Cleveland and then stole game 5 in GS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Evil....is the complete lack of Empathy!"

""We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. " Aristotle

No one is as bad as the worst thing they have done & no one is as good as the best thing they have done.........think of that when you feel like you understand someone.

biding my time
    I wish. I'd gamble if that were true.
    You would lose.

Cat 6
    No one throws a game...especially against a dangerous team and never after you just fought back from down 3-1. They're not gambling with a 73 win season and no ring.

What the Hell is going on
    Quote Originally Posted by beeristasty View Post
    The series is definitely going the full 7 games. I have it on good authority that neither team wants to be responsible for free taco bell tacos hitting the streets.
    Word. How can GS, and their bench, be so dominant in the first two games and play like blind midgets in the third?
    You'd think we were here for something other than fun. - Ishmael

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckice View Post
    No one throws a game...especially against a dangerous team and never after you just fought back from down 3-1. They're not gambling with a 73 win season and no ring.
    O

OKC was legit... GS escaped that one.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast