Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Finals

Cat 6
    Quote Originally Posted by spdntrxi View Post
    O

OKC was legit... GS escaped that one.
    OKC is definitely the real deal. Very evenly matched teams. If they can get more disciplined they'll be able to handle GS.

Windrider (Stubborn)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckice View Post
    OKC is definitely the real deal. Very evenly matched teams. If they can get more disciplined they'll be able to handle GS.
    Watching game 6... it wasn't discipline...they flat out choked. The question is, can they not choke when in the same position next time. Sometimes a team and players have to learn how to win.

Len

"Evil....is the complete lack of Empathy!"

""We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. " Aristotle

No one is as bad as the worst thing they have done & no one is as good as the best thing they have done.........think of that when you feel like you understand someone.

Master debator.
    Good lord the NBA playoffs are still going on? When did it all start, February? Waay too many games, far too many teams in the NBA. The regular season games are too diluted for me to watch and the playoffs too extended. Could also be that the Timberwolves are my home team...
    "I felt bad because I couldn't wheelie; until I met a man with no bicycle"

Cat 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Len J View Post
    Watching game 6... it wasn't discipline...they flat out choked. The question is, can they not choke when in the same position next time. Sometimes a team and players have to learn how to win.

Len
    Maybe choke is the same way of saying lack of discipline which is the same way of saying lack of experience? Certainly the three are related. As the intensity and pressure of those games elevated Westbrook and Durant reverted to rushed/bad shots and bad decision making. Inexperience in those games/not knowing how to close them out vs choke? Seems different sides of the same coin. Regardless they are RIGHT there. The Warriors will need to find another weapon or tool in the box to get past them next year if they get that lucky.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeBiker View Post
    Anyone watching?
    Not me. I'm white and never played basketball. Lol. Tennis, surfing and cycling.

biding my time
    GS takes Game 4, but it was a bit of a war. Kyrie Irving was great for the Cavs.

But, how do you beat GS, when they're doing what they should on defense, the boards, and with their bench, AND the Splash Brothers finally show up?

Seventeen made 3s by GS, yo.

Compounding this was the odd decision by Cavs coach Tyronn Lue to not give his big guns (Irving, James) any rest in the second half. CLE fought to an eight-point lead midway through the third quarter, but then started to run out of gas not long after that, and a big GS run in the fourth (which also seemed to last most of the fourth) put the game away. You could sorta see it coming.

Kerr, on the other hand, was daring to put in guys like third-stringer James McAdoo for significant stretches, and to decent effect. Pretty easy to see which coach trusts his bench.

Would think GS would close the series out on Monday at Oracle. Cavs will have to give it everything they've got AND hope the Splash Bros. don't show up.
    System: Fake news?? Trump is a Fake President™, for god's sake.

Monk: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

EJ Dionne: Modern-day conservatism isn't conservatism. It's reaction rooted in deep pessimism that isn't in keeping with the American character.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

biding my time
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NBA Finals-sad-cavs-fan.jpg  

Monk: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

EJ Dionne: Modern-day conservatism isn't conservatism. It's reaction rooted in deep pessimism that isn't in keeping with the American character.

RoadBikeReview Member
    GS Coach Kerr gem with 4th quarter defense forcing the Cavs into 1/2 court, one-on-one offense game smothering the paint from offensive rebounds leading to easy buckets ... all as clock ticked away.

But the highlight of the night was Jeff Van Gundy and his wild O.J. Simpson story.

Splash Bros are great and get huge credit for GS success (and well they should) but Draymond Green is the MVP of the finals so far.

Off the back
    Due to the GS win, free tacos from one of those fast food joints - Del Taco or Taco Bell. Only a small timeframe for the offer, so the place will be mobbed during a certain span. All for a fifty-cent taco. yay.

disgruntled pigskin fan
    Quote Originally Posted by troutmd View Post
    GS Coach Kerr gem with 4th quarter defense forcing the Cavs into 1/2 court, one-on-one offense game smothering the paint from offensive rebounds leading to easy buckets ... all as clock ticked away.

But the highlight of the night was Jeff Van Gundy and his wild O.J. Simpson story.

Splash Bros are great and get huge credit for GS success (and well they should) but Draymond Green is the MVP of the finals so far.
    I liked Green when he was a Spartan and played for Izzo, but I'm really starting to question his character. His pattern of below-the-belt shots is too distinct to be considered unintentional IMO.

30 mpdb
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeBiker View Post
    I liked Green when he was a Spartan and played for Izzo, but I'm really starting to question his character. His pattern of below-the-belt shots is too distinct to be considered unintentional IMO.
    Lebron deserved some form of retaliation, but a mild slap to the nuggets isn't what I would've gone with.

But it's always easier to go for the low hanging fruit, as they say.

Cat 6
    LeBron had something coming...not a nut shot but something. You don't climb over a guy and drop a tea bag. That's garbage.

biding my time
    LeBron had something coming...not a nut shot but something. You don't climb over a guy and drop a tea bag. That's garbage.
    And Draymond's probably the last guy who's going to put up with that.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    And Draymond's probably the last guy who's going to put up with that.
    knowing Draymond and his propensity for nut shots.. that was a risky move by LBJ.

Cat 6
    Lebron is sackless anyways.

Cat 6
    Well, I guess Monday will be interesting. Can the Warriors call the strength in numbers card one more time to make up for a lost triple double, intensity and defensive presence. Iguodala is no loss on defense so it really depends which Cavs team shows up imo.

biding my time
    Well, I guess Monday will be interesting. Can the Warriors call the strength in numbers card one more time to make up for a lost triple double, intensity and defensive presence. Iguodala is no loss on defense so it really depends which Cavs team shows up imo.
    Yeah, Dray's suspension for Game 5 is gonna hurt... though he hasn't been averaging quite a triple-double in the Finals, his toughness, energy, rebounding and defense has been huge for GS.

But GS is super-deep, so you'd think Kerr would be able to field strong lineups in any case. Plus, no doubt the team as a whole is pissed that Dray got suspended, and they gotta take their anger out somewhere... and the Cavs are the only real target available.

It's quite possibly gonna be a pretty chippy Game 5.

Cat 6
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemShock View Post
    It's quite possibly gonna be a pretty chippy Game 5.
    Yep...they've already started bashing each other in interviews and twitter. The only valid point I've seen is if the situation is flipped does the league suspend Lebron? Unlikely. Regardless, I expect it to be heated and I expect the Warriors to come out angry with "23" showing up on shoes, socks, etc.

If the Cavs can put together 48 minutes like their first 24 from Friday night they can steal it on Monday...that's a big if.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013
    Yep...they've already started bashing each other in interviews and twitter. The only valid point I've seen is if the situation is flipped does the league suspend Lebron? Unlikely. Regardless, I expect it to be heated and I expect the Warriors to come out angry with "23" showing up on shoes, socks, etc.

If the Cavs can put together 48 minutes like their first 24 from Friday night they can steal it on Monday...that's a big if.
    it's a hard limit.. Draymond reached it.. they would have done the same with Lebron. it's payback for the nut shot to Adams... Dubs win anyways.

Cat 6
    it's a hard limit.. Draymond reached it.. they would have done the same with Lebron. it's payback for the nut shot to Adams... Dubs win anyways.
    Yes but no...the league didn't have to assess it as a flagrant 1. Thus, if the situation is reversed does LeBron get the flagrant assessed after the fact? I bet no.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2013
    Yes but no...the league didn't have to assess it as a flagrant 1. Thus, if the situation is reversed does LeBron get the flagrant assessed after the fact? I bet no.
    that foul was really nothing... like I said.. payback for Adams.

Cat 6
    Absolutely. And they would never hand down this same assessment against LBJ.

disgruntled pigskin fan
    that foul was really nothing... like I said.. payback for Adams.
    Exactly. Green should've been suspended for that pirouette against Adams. It's a shame when refs give makeup calls that benefit other teams, but it is what it is I guess.

People are always going to criticize the officiating.

RoadBikeReview Member
    LeBaby
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NBA Finals-fb_img_146591503713111.jpg  

Cat 6
    Lol...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast