Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    VEN
    VEN is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    133

    NBC Sports Gold on Comcast

    I want to get the cycling package and view it on the TV. I am on Comcast but I can't seem to access the App on the Infinity box. Though they would have it since they own NBC.

    Have to go in a different direction. What the best hook up? Amazon Fire stick?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: majbuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    630
    I run an HDMI cable from my TV to an adapter that plugs in to my Apple phone or ipad. Quick and easy, run race on my device and watch on the TV.

  3. #3
    Proud luddite
    Reputation: azpeterb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,771
    We got NBC Gold using our Roku.

    By the way we love it! Full coverage of many races including the spring classics, the TDF and the Vuelta...with no commercials.

  4. #4
    VEN
    VEN is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    133
    Thanks. Not familiar with Roku but it looks like you can get the stick for $60 and it should work.

    Thanks.

  5. #5
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by VEN View Post
    Thanks. Not familiar with Roku but it looks like you can get the stick for $60 and it should work.

    Thanks.
    I cut the cable and went with the fire stick. Have had it for about a year and am happy with it. Use Hulu mostly, watch YouTube on it as well.

    Seriously considered getting the NBC package for the Tour de France but didn't. Maybe next year.

  6. #6
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: taodemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    739
    Iíll have to see if itís one of the apps available on my samsung tv or if I really need to get some sort of usb stick.

  7. #7
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: MoonHowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by azpeterb View Post
    We got NBC Gold using our Roku.

    By the way we love it! Full coverage of many races including the spring classics, the TDF and the Vuelta...with no commercials.
    I use the Roku and NBC Gold combo as well; its great. I have a Fire Stick but rarely use it. It works fine but a little more clunky than the Roku.

  8. #8
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,022
    Quote Originally Posted by VEN View Post
    I want to get the cycling package and view it on the TV. I am on Comcast but I can't seem to access the App on the Infinity box. Though they would have it since they own NBC.

    Have to go in a different direction. What the best hook up? Amazon Fire stick?

    Thanks in advance.
    I did not buy the NBC Sport Gold package this year but last year I used it with a phone app and Chromecast. Worked well

  9. #9
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    670
    If you miss a stage/event when its broadcast live, is it available until a later date? I think it's nuts that I'm already paying extra to get NBC Sports, just to watch cycling over the past few years, and now they've moved most all of their cycling coverage to a paid service. It wouldn't be a problem if BeIN still covered the classics, but I guess it's time to drop them as well.

  10. #10
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,022
    Quote Originally Posted by colnagoG60 View Post
    If you miss a stage/event when its broadcast live, is it available until a later date? I think it's nuts that I'm already paying extra to get NBC Sports, just to watch cycling over the past few years, and now they've moved most all of their cycling coverage to a paid service. It wouldn't be a problem if BeIN still covered the classics, but I guess it's time to drop them as well.
    NBC Sports Gold allows you to watch a replay whenever you want with the app. You are able to skip to any point in the broadcast

  11. #11
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    670
    Roger that.

  12. #12
    Proud luddite
    Reputation: azpeterb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,771
    Quote Originally Posted by colnagoG60 View Post
    Roger that.
    You just donít get Phil and Paul doing the commentary. But I like Robbie McEwenís coverage and I canít remember the name of the other guy. But a full dayís coverage of racing with no commercials at all...itís awesome!

  13. #13
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: MoonHowl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by colnagoG60 View Post
    If you miss a stage/event when its broadcast live, is it available until a later date? I think it's nuts that I'm already paying extra to get NBC Sports, just to watch cycling over the past few years, and now they've moved most all of their cycling coverage to a paid service. It wouldn't be a problem if BeIN still covered the classics, but I guess it's time to drop them as well.
    The good and bad of a la carte TV. I am willing to pay for what I really want but it also means I will no longer have access to many things I might watch otherwise which is OK. However, I think NBC is going the same route as cable TV; they will keep jacking up the price to the point I will no longer buy it which will probably be next year.

  14. #14
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonHowl View Post
    The good and bad of a la carte TV. I am willing to pay for what I really want but it also means I will no longer have access to many things I might watch otherwise which is OK. However, I think NBC is going the same route as cable TV; they will keep jacking up the price to the point I will no longer buy it which will probably be next year.
    I got NBC Sports as part of a "Sports Pak", along with BeIN, Fox Sports, RedZone, SpeedTV (at the time), et al, so I was covered. But then stations started getting bought out, broadcast rights changed hands, and everything got jacked. However what NBC is doing is worse than a la carte TV, it's "a la carte shows"... they are going to cover an event, but not show it to their current paying customers, and charge everyone to see it. Yeah they showed TdF, but the other tours and classics will come at a premium.

  15. #15
    Proud luddite
    Reputation: azpeterb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6,771
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonHowl View Post
    The good and bad of a la carte TV. I am willing to pay for what I really want but it also means I will no longer have access to many things I might watch otherwise which is OK. However, I think NBC is going the same route as cable TV; they will keep jacking up the price to the point I will no longer buy it which will probably be next year.
    I believe we paid $30 for NBC Gold two years ago, then $40 last year, then $50 this year. But we keep renewing, suckers that we are. Itís worth it though...my wife and I enjoy watching the racing and it makes her happy. 🙂

  16. #16
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    670
    Well it looks like I'll be able to watch at least the Vuelta on TV via the "Olympic Channel", without paying for more than current sports pack...not sure about the classics/smaller races next year though.

Similar Threads

  1. NBC Sports Gold
    By amicus in forum Pro Cycling - Tour de France
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 3 Weeks Ago, 10:52 AM
  2. NBC Sports GOLD for CYCLING
    By pr0230 in forum Pro Cycling - Tour de France
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-25-2016, 06:59 AM
  3. NBC Sports Gold - TdF and others, through 2017
    By Migen21 in forum Pro Cycling - Tour de France
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-02-2016, 05:16 PM
  4. Nbc sports extra
    By Mcfarton in forum Pro Cycling - Tour de France
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-15-2016, 08:29 AM
  5. Comcast may drop Universal Sports
    By D. W. Davis in forum General Cycling Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-26-2012, 01:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

roadbikereview.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.