VEN
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2003

NBC Sports Gold on Comcast

I want to get the cycling package and view it on the TV. I am on Comcast but I can't seem to access the App on the Infinity box. Though they would have it since they own NBC.

Have to go in a different direction. What the best hook up? Amazon Fire stick?

Thanks in advance.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I run an HDMI cable from my TV to an adapter that plugs in to my Apple phone or ipad. Quick and easy, run race on my device and watch on the TV.

Proud luddite
    We got NBC Gold using our Roku.

By the way we love it! Full coverage of many races including the spring classics, the TDF and the Vuelta...with no commercials.

VEN
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2003
    Thanks. Not familiar with Roku but it looks like you can get the stick for $60 and it should work.

Thanks.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by VEN View Post
    Thanks. Not familiar with Roku but it looks like you can get the stick for $60 and it should work.

Thanks.
    I cut the cable and went with the fire stick. Have had it for about a year and am happy with it. Use Hulu mostly, watch YouTube on it as well.

Seriously considered getting the NBC package for the Tour de France but didn't. Maybe next year.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Iíll have to see if itís one of the apps available on my samsung tv or if I really need to get some sort of usb stick.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by azpeterb View Post
    We got NBC Gold using our Roku.

By the way we love it! Full coverage of many races including the spring classics, the TDF and the Vuelta...with no commercials.
    I use the Roku and NBC Gold combo as well; its great. I have a Fire Stick but rarely use it. It works fine but a little more clunky than the Roku.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by VEN View Post
    I want to get the cycling package and view it on the TV. I am on Comcast but I can't seem to access the App on the Infinity box. Though they would have it since they own NBC.

Have to go in a different direction. What the best hook up? Amazon Fire stick?

Thanks in advance.
    I did not buy the NBC Sport Gold package this year but last year I used it with a phone app and Chromecast. Worked well

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2013
    If you miss a stage/event when its broadcast live, is it available until a later date? I think it's nuts that I'm already paying extra to get NBC Sports, just to watch cycling over the past few years, and now they've moved most all of their cycling coverage to a paid service. It wouldn't be a problem if BeIN still covered the classics, but I guess it's time to drop them as well.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by colnagoG60 View Post
    If you miss a stage/event when its broadcast live, is it available until a later date? I think it's nuts that I'm already paying extra to get NBC Sports, just to watch cycling over the past few years, and now they've moved most all of their cycling coverage to a paid service. It wouldn't be a problem if BeIN still covered the classics, but I guess it's time to drop them as well.
    NBC Sports Gold allows you to watch a replay whenever you want with the app. You are able to skip to any point in the broadcast

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2013
    Roger that.

Proud luddite
    Roger that.
    You just donít get Phil and Paul doing the commentary. But I like Robbie McEwenís coverage and I canít remember the name of the other guy. But a full dayís coverage of racing with no commercials at all...itís awesome!

RoadBikeReview Member
    The good and bad of a la carte TV. I am willing to pay for what I really want but it also means I will no longer have access to many things I might watch otherwise which is OK. However, I think NBC is going the same route as cable TV; they will keep jacking up the price to the point I will no longer buy it which will probably be next year.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonHowl View Post
    The good and bad of a la carte TV. I am willing to pay for what I really want but it also means I will no longer have access to many things I might watch otherwise which is OK. However, I think NBC is going the same route as cable TV; they will keep jacking up the price to the point I will no longer buy it which will probably be next year.
    I got NBC Sports as part of a "Sports Pak", along with BeIN, Fox Sports, RedZone, SpeedTV (at the time), et al, so I was covered. But then stations started getting bought out, broadcast rights changed hands, and everything got jacked. However what NBC is doing is worse than a la carte TV, it's "a la carte shows"... they are going to cover an event, but not show it to their current paying customers, and charge everyone to see it. Yeah they showed TdF, but the other tours and classics will come at a premium.

Proud luddite
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonHowl View Post
    I believe we paid $30 for NBC Gold two years ago, then $40 last year, then $50 this year. But we keep renewing, suckers that we are. Itís worth it though...my wife and I enjoy watching the racing and it makes her happy. 🙂

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2013
    Well it looks like I'll be able to watch at least the Vuelta on TV via the "Olympic Channel", without paying for more than current sports pack...not sure about the classics/smaller races next year though.