Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    Reputation: old_fuji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7,207

    New bike shirts!

    My work uniform is as follows: Black, short-sleeve, collared shirt and khaki pants. I burned a hole in my last work shirt, so I hit the thrift store circuit on Tuesday (my day off) in search of anything plain, black, and with a collar that I could wear. They were supposed to give me a couple of company polos, but those never came to fruition.

    Anyway, in the process of searching the thrift stores, I found 2 brand new mechanics shirts from the LBS, complete with Cannondale embroidery on them. I look certifiable now, with my Cannondale lapel embroidery, and brands like Mavic, Continental, Gu, and Shimano on my sleeve. I look positively like a stock car!
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

  2. #2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: Christine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    15,284
    Quote Originally Posted by old_fuji View Post
    My work uniform is as follows: Black, short-sleeve, collared shirt and khaki pants. I burned a hole in my last work shirt, so I hit the thrift store circuit on Tuesday (my day off) in search of anything plain, black, and with a collar that I could wear. They were supposed to give me a couple of company polos, but those never came to fruition.

    Anyway, in the process of searching the thrift stores, I found 2 brand new mechanics shirts from the LBS, complete with Cannondale embroidery on them. I look certifiable now, with my Cannondale lapel embroidery, and brands like Mavic, Continental, Gu, and Shimano on my sleeve. I look positively like a stock car!
    Sweet! Get yourself a YouTube channel, start a bike vlog, and get those logos to start working for YOU.

  3. #3
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    Reputation: old_fuji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Sweet! Get yourself a YouTube channel, start a bike vlog, and get those logos to start working for YOU.
    This week's topic:

    Where the ****ing **** ass nazi ***** is my ****ing cable cutters?
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

  4. #4
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    Reputation: old_fuji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7,207
    Quote Originally Posted by old_fuji View Post
    This week's topic:

    Where the ****ing **** ass nazi ***** is my ****ing cable cutters?
    Next week's topic:

    They were in with my guitars. Who the hell puts cable cutters in the guitars?
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

  5. #5
    Adorable Furry Hombre
    Reputation: Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    26,130
    Quote Originally Posted by old_fuji View Post
    Next week's topic:

    They were in with my guitars. Who the hell puts cable cutters in the guitars?
    Same kind of person who stores their mail in the oven, and the car keys in the refrigerator?

    One upside of a guitar not having a soundpost...nothing to knock over when you hide your cable snips in there.
    "Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity "

  6. #6
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    Reputation: old_fuji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Same kind of person who stores their mail in the oven, and the car keys in the refrigerator?

    One upside of a guitar not having a soundpost...nothing to knock over when you hide your cable snips in there.
    There's actually a story behind that. Poast count +1, it's random story time with Old Fuji!

    I have my serious toolbox and my fun toolboxes. My serious toolbox is for serious stuff, like changing a showerhead, installing a shelf, or removing the mirror from a 2008 Ford Focus. My fun toolboxes are for things like skateboards, bikes, and guitars. The 3 fun toolboxes wound up in the spare bedroom after we moved last year, and somewhere along the line, the cable cutters were removed from the bike toolbox and placed inside the guitar toolbox. So, when I was fixing up my uncle's bike last spring using my bike toolbox, the cable cutters were not where I expected them to be.

    There are also bike pegs in my guitar box, just in case I ever decide I need to take my guitar to a BMX track. No idea why I keep the soldering iron in the sandpaper, however.
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

  7. #7
    LWP
    LWP is offline
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,460
    Santa Claus burns a hole in his work shirt
    buys 2 unrelated shirts
    Santa Claus forgets where the cutters are
    finds them in a guitar
    What's in the pipe that he's smoking?
    Crusty old farts are people too.
    - 10ae1203

  8. #8
    Seat's not level
    Reputation: Chain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    19,114
    Quote Originally Posted by LWP View Post
    Santa Claus burns a hole in his work shirt
    buys 2 unrelated shirts
    Santa Claus forgets where the cutters are
    finds them in a guitar
    What's in the pipe that he's smoking?
    He did state that he looked certifiable... maybe it's more than just looks...
    Bad decisions make great stories - JP

    Spring is here... snowflakes are melting.

Similar Threads

  1. New Shirts at Grote Prijs Sven Nys
    By shomyoface in forum Cyclocross
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 11:11 AM
  2. New Litespeed t-shirts
    By HerbertK in forum Litespeed - Merlin
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-20-2007, 05:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT ROADBIKEREVIEW

VISIT US AT

roadbikereview.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.