Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    RoadBikeReview Member

new Mustang vs old Mopar

Bought a 2007 Mustang GT this weekend. Finally stopped snowing and raining so I moved the old Mopar to a storage garage. My daughter won't let me sell it. I think she's probably pretty smart.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I'm a little light-headed.

I totally want to buy that generation of mustang and slap one of these ugly things on it:
    https://www.cervinis.com/Files/Image...46_1_small.png
    Doctor it up like a new-age Boss.

Ricardo Cabeza
    If all you're going to do is let it sit in a garage, sell it.
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

Beetpull DeLite
    Very nice. What you gonna do with the 'Stang?

Low rep power
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    If all you're going to do is let it sit in a garage, sell it.
    And preferably to Andy, though he didn't say it out loud
    We'll be back soon, there will be more of us, and next time we won't be dropping leaflets.

“The problem with quotes on the internet is that it’s hard to verify their authenticity” – Abraham Lincoln

BCP
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2011
    Nice cars!

flinty-eyed moderator
    Giggity!
    Dr. Cox: Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Ricardo Cabeza
    Quote Originally Posted by saf-t View Post
    And preferably to Andy, though he didn't say it out loud
    Mopars piss people off. I would totally drive that
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

Call me a Fred
    Trade them in on a Volt, then get a really long extension cord.
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

RoadBikeReview Member

That Mopar is sweet,

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
    Bought a 2007 Mustang GT this weekend. Finally stopped snowing and raining so I moved the old Mopar to a storage garage. My daughter won't let me sell it. I think she's probably pretty smart.

what's under the hood?
    +1 for the NRA!

Guns save lives.

Low rep power
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    Mopars piss people off. I would totally drive that
    I wasn't kidding when I posted that
    We'll be back soon, there will be more of us, and next time we won't be dropping leaflets.

“The problem with quotes on the internet is that it’s hard to verify their authenticity” – Abraham Lincoln

Ricardo Cabeza
    Quote Originally Posted by saf-t View Post
    I wasn't kidding when I posted that
    If I buy another car that ISN'T some kind of 50s car, preferably a wagon, I might get a kick in the nuts from the Missiz. I dunno, this car would be worth a kick in the nuts, if I had 75k to spend on a car.

Chevrolet : Chevelle Chevrolet : Chevelle | eBay

SuperAndy's Garage

Climbs like a sprinter...
    Dude, I would take that Belvedere of the Mustang any day.
    "It's turtles all the way down."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Congratulations. Nice Mustang .... Styled like the first edition but way more refined and comfortable.
    How'd you pick the '07 over the '08 ?
    - - - - - - - - - - - - --
    1966 Mustang - No power steering, no air conditioning, what suspension (?); and face it, it was a reboxed Falcon. ...
    The '98 series was a step up, and the new generation is tops, imo.

Just Plain Bitter
    I would take the Mopar over the Ford any day! Do not sell that car! There will come a time when you to are like MB1 and will have the time to "Play". It will be there for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla;
    Like, if "troubling" were a level seven worry, "concerning" would be a six, with "frightening" being an eight and "unexplained genital rash" being a nine.

2007 Pegoretti Duende Campy SR 11 Campagnolo Neutron
    2009 Look 586 Campy SR 11 HED Ardennes/HED Jet 6
    2012 Raliegh Roper - Stock for now

Not Banned
    what's the power plant in that Mopar?
    love the butter and black scheme
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

RoadBikeReview Member
    The Plymouth has a 361, the smallest of the big blocks. I bought it from RBR member Dinosaur 8 or 9 years ago. It will get visited and driven on sunny days. I'd only sell it to get a 68 or 69 Road Runner. I've always owned an old Mopar since I was 18.

On the Stang I was looking for a Bullitt, but all the ones I found were either overpriced or thrashed. This one came up at a good price so I jumped. Has the Roush Stage 2 suspension which fixes the handling issues. The Borla exhaust is pretty loud.

RoadBikeReview Member
    The 5th Gen Mustangs are customizable from the factory .... Build your own 2012 Ford Mustang Sports Car | All Legend. Zero Compromise. 305-412 HP & 26-31 MPG | Ford.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    My bud got his last summer: red, 5.0 convertible, special grill, fog lights, etc. . He won't drive it in the winter traffic. Until Spring, he's back in his F150.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Sep 2011
    Congrats on the '07. I've got 99K and change on an 06 GT that I bought new. Awesome daily driver! I love old cars too and would love to have your Mopar, but I don't have a storage place to keep an older car like that which is why I dropped the nut on the new Stang in '06. Of course, when I do have a place to store a few cars, I will be inheriting a '64 GTO w/tri-power (numbers matching 3rd owner, never wrecked or restored) and a '67 Mercury Cougar XR-7 (1 owner, less than 50K miles). My uncle was a car nut who gently used, but didn't abuse, his cars.

Old, slow, and fat.
    My neighbor had a Belvedere/Satellite that he'd dropped a 440 into. Made a VERY nice noise.

I like the styling of that line of cars. :thumb

M
    I've moved back to NoVA. PLEASE change the weather!

gazing from the shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
    I think she's probably pretty smart.
    Given that one is losing value and the other is not, probably so.
    Stout beers under trees, please.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Given that one is losing value and the other is not, probably so.
    At this point the depreciation on decent 2005 to 2009 cars will be pretty slow I think. Lots of people don't like the look of the 2010+ car and the next gen Mustang will not be considered a "real" Mustang by the purists since it will likely be smaller and have IRS.

Old Mopars lost a lot of their value on paper over the last few years and are probably still headed down a bit. But the main thing is it costs me almost nothing to own it. Never breaks, no yearly state fees or smog, and Hagerty collector car insurance is cheap.

Ricardo Cabeza
    Quote Originally Posted by CBus660R View Post
    Congrats on the '07. I've got 99K and change on an 06 GT that I bought new. Awesome daily driver! I love old cars too and would love to have your Mopar, but I don't have a storage place to keep an older car like that which is why I dropped the nut on the new Stang in '06. Of course, when I do have a place to store a few cars, I will be inheriting a '64 GTO w/tri-power (numbers matching 3rd owner, never wrecked or restored) and a '67 Mercury Cougar XR-7 (1 owner, less than 50K miles). My uncle was a car nut who gently used, but didn't abuse, his cars.
    I was looking at a 64 with 4spd and tripower on Ebay before I bought my Buick. It was a good deal and someone hit the buy it now before I could get a look at it. I was ready to pull the trigger if it was halfway decent.

SuperAndy's Garage

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Last edited by Dinosaur; 01-26-2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: delete double post

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004
    God, I miss that car....I think I sold it to "Henry" in 02, as it was the same year I bought my Master X-light. Sadly I could not afford to own three cars and my daughter was in high school back then and needed a car to drive (not the Satellite!). I had come to a point where I did not drive it that much and it needed a good home. It was my brothers old car (he died in '06). His middle name was Mopar, he owned about 5 or 6 old one's.
    Last edited by Dinosaur; 01-26-2012 at 10:48 AM. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast