RoadBikeReview Member

new shoes: hot or not? (reflective grey urban assault camo)

New shoe time! I am riding Mavic Pro Roads that are a 6+ years old now. Tried SIDIs but I couldn't get the instep and big toe bone to fit well and I find their lacing system to be 90's atrocious. Northwave offerings have crept up on my radar but were never compelling enough to pull the trigger. Well, after I learned the top shelf '18 range comes with reflective treatment, I decided to give them a shot as most of my riding is at and after sunset.

Was going to go black (which turns reflective at night), oh but wait, what's this grey camo!? I wanted some urban camo ever since the Tinkoff kits came out. I'm usually a black on black on black kind of guy but pulled the trigger on reflective grey camo.... the white portions in the mix glow when exposed to light.

HOT OR NOT?

https://www.evanscycles.com/northwav...-shoe-EV295602Name:  northwave-extreme-road-shoe-grey-yellow-EV295602-7010-1.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  24.3 KBName:  northwave-extreme-road-shoe-grey-yellow-EV295602-0000-5.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  35.5 KB
    Last edited by 9W9W; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:33 AM.
    "That pretty much sums it up. I'm 43 and my max is ~178-180. If that HR chart was mine or Froome's, we'd be on the verge of death. But for you it probably looks like a normal workout." -TLG

LOLOLOL

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Not. But if they fit real nice, who cares?

Proud luddite
    Hideous. But if it floats your boat...

RoadBikeReview Member
    clearly a polarizing colorway, but I will reserve final judgement until I see them. I like the idea, I hope it looks good in person. Fit is paramount. If they're wider than the new - and very narrow - Mavic shoes I tried on, it just may work.

My only concern is that there is no back and forth adjustment for 3-bolt LOOK cleats, so I will have to make do with just the adjustment on the cleats. I have to make sure I can replicate my current position... yay an evening of measuring tapes, laser levels, rulers and second guessing oneself.
    "That pretty much sums it up. I'm 43 and my max is ~178-180. If that HR chart was mine or Froome's, we'd be on the verge of death. But for you it probably looks like a normal workout." -TLG

LOLOLOL

pmf
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Shimano shoes come in wide sizes. But not in neon green, fortunately.

Friends don't let friends buy Mavic stuff.