Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: NNC Baggies

  1. #1
    Festina Lente'
    Reputation: BentChainring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    11,514

    NNC Baggies

    Climbing shorts. Belt and clasp. Zippered Fly. Lotsa pockets. And most importantly 4 directional stretchage. FTW.

    Who would have thought?
    "Late to bed, early to rise, work like hell and advertise." -Von Braun

  2. #2
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Reputation: CdaleNut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    738
    First !!!!

  3. #3
    Just Plain Bitter
    Reputation: rward325's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    8,630
    No padding in the appropriate places though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla;
    Like, if "troubling" were a level seven worry, "concerning" would be a six, with "frightening" being an eight and "unexplained genital rash" being a nine.

    2007 Pegoretti Duende Campy SR 11 Campagnolo Neutron
    2009 Look 586 Campy SR 11 HED Ardennes/HED Jet 6
    2012 Raliegh Roper - Stock for now

  4. #4
    Festina Lente'
    Reputation: BentChainring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    11,514
    Quote Originally Posted by rward325
    No padding in the appropriate places though.
    Brooks B17 on all of my bikes, except the MTB which needs the upgrade... and the Bamboo Bike which has the B17 w/ springs.

    I can ride 50ish miles w/out a chamois.. at least when i wasnt a fatass..
    "Late to bed, early to rise, work like hell and advertise." -Von Braun

  5. #5
    waterproof*
    Reputation: Creakyknees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    40,896
    yep.. I've done multiday tours with shorts like that.

  6. #6
    Born from Jorts®
    Reputation: Hollywood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    12,034
    Quote Originally Posted by BentChainring
    Climbing shorts. Belt and clasp. Zippered Fly. Lotsa pockets. And most importantly 4 directional stretchage. FTW.

    Who would have thought?
    for what? commuting?

  7. #7
    Festina Lente'
    Reputation: BentChainring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    11,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    for what? commuting?
    Yeah.
    "Late to bed, early to rise, work like hell and advertise." -Von Braun

  8. #8
    Good news everyone!
    Reputation: Jim311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,464
    My favorites right now are the Fox Rangers. Lightweight and comfy, just enough padding.

  9. #9
    Moderatus Puisne
    Reputation: Argentius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    16,088
    I think I'd snag 'em on my saddle, and I'd crash and die.

    Folks, the chamois on your nnc shorts is for moisture transfer, not a comfortable pad... though you wouldn't know it if you bought PI, or even some assos shorts. Don't know what gives with that.

  10. #10
    Festina Lente'
    Reputation: BentChainring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    11,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Argentius
    I think I'd snag 'em on my saddle, and I'd crash and die.

    Folks, the chamois on your nnc shorts is for moisture transfer, not a comfortable pad... though you wouldn't know it if you bought PI, or even some assos shorts. Don't know what gives with that.
    At what point do you not wear a chamois?
    "Late to bed, early to rise, work like hell and advertise." -Von Braun

  11. #11
    Born from Jorts®
    Reputation: Hollywood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    12,034
    Quote Originally Posted by BentChainring
    Yeah.
    Oh. I just wear padded liners or lycra shorts and pull whatever casual shorts I own over them.

  12. #12
    Festina Lente'
    Reputation: BentChainring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    11,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood
    Oh. I just wear padded liners or lycra shorts and pull whatever casual shorts I own over them.
    My casual short collection has dwindled due to wearing primarily jeans for a couple years.
    "Late to bed, early to rise, work like hell and advertise." -Von Braun

  13. #13
    Good news everyone!
    Reputation: Jim311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,464
    Quote Originally Posted by BentChainring
    My casual short collection has dwindled due to wearing primarily jeans for a couple years.
    Cut your jeans into some jorts and be the most stylin' dude on the road.

  14. #14
    waterproof*
    Reputation: Creakyknees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    40,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Argentius
    ...the chamois on your nnc shorts is for moisture transfer, not a comfortable pad... .
    Orly? Since when? Back in the day of wool shorts and real chamois, it was for friction reduction. I guarandamntee you there was no moisture xfer thru that leather.

    I do agree it's mostly padding these days... getting hard to find a thin liner anymore.

  15. #15
    Moderatus Puisne
    Reputation: Argentius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    16,088
    Friction, yeah, keeping the clammy wetness off of your junk (totally kode?) with the high-tech stuff these days, but, I have no desire to wear my saddle!

    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees
    Orly? Since when? Back in the day of wool shorts and real chamois, it was for friction reduction. I guarandamntee you there was no moisture xfer thru that leather.

    I do agree it's mostly padding these days... getting hard to find a thin liner anymore.

  16. #16
    Festina Lente'
    Reputation: BentChainring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    11,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Argentius
    Friction, yeah, keeping the clammy wetness off of your junk (totally kode?) with the high-tech stuff these days, but, I have no desire to wear my saddle!
    Ok, so at what length ride do you install a chamois onto your taint?
    "Late to bed, early to rise, work like hell and advertise." -Von Braun

  17. #17
    waterproof*
    Reputation: Creakyknees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    40,896
    try this instead.


  18. #18
    Festina Lente'
    Reputation: BentChainring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    11,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees
    try this instead.

    Canti's FTW!
    "Late to bed, early to rise, work like hell and advertise." -Von Braun

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Hot Deals

Tour De France

Latest RoadBike Articles


Latest Videos

RoadbikeReview on Facebook