Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Dirty. Nerdy. Unemployed.
    Reputation: Sojourneyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,733

    OEH, need your sage wisdom

    Pronunciation-wise, is it Tyler 'fairer' or 'fa-rawr' or 'farararara'

    I'm not sure what to do with that second syllable

  2. #2
    Resident Dutchbag
    Reputation: rogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    12,012
    The guys at Sporza go for the "Fah-rawr" option so I am used to hearing that but yes, I'd like to know if they have it right.
    Originally posted by thatsmybush:
    I can only speak for my self, but if Fergie wanted to rub her lovely lady lumps on me, I could play the role of "human stripper pole."

  3. #3
    Slightly Opinionated
    Reputation: robdamanii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    10,233
    The italian announcers love to do the "Fa-rarr-a" thing.

    From what I understand, it is pronounced "Farrah" from listening to Vaughters.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider View Post
    Teh Lounge- "Its not just for weirdos anymore. It is for those trying to escape the noobsauce questions."
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Trolling the lounge is like noodling for piranha.


    The Daily Grind Cycling Journal & Tailwind Coaching

  4. #4
    vexatious enigma
    Reputation: waldo425's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,987
    Quote Originally Posted by robdamanii
    The italian announcers love to do the "Fa-rarr-a" thing.

    From what I understand, it is pronounced "Farrah" from listening to Vaughters.
    Really? I heard it that way on US last-night and thought it was wrong. Guess I learn something every day.
    Last edited by waldo425; 05-09-2010 at 10:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDaddio
    Unlike Roebuck, you do "do" people.
    Maybe Judas did it for a Klondike bar.

    Life in the fast lane with no brakes

  5. #5
    Slightly Opinionated
    Reputation: robdamanii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    10,233
    Quote Originally Posted by waldo425
    Really? I heard it that way on US last-night and thought it was wrong. Guess I learn something every day.
    Well, that's what I've heard out of Vaughters. Pronunciation seems to vary based upon nationality and region. "Fair-er" seems to be the other popular pronunciation.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider View Post
    Teh Lounge- "Its not just for weirdos anymore. It is for those trying to escape the noobsauce questions."
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Trolling the lounge is like noodling for piranha.


    The Daily Grind Cycling Journal & Tailwind Coaching

  6. #6
    Dirty. Nerdy. Unemployed.
    Reputation: Sojourneyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,733
    I've been pronouncing the final 'r' for a while, but I think I've only been hearing it from Phil and Paul.

    One of the guys on Universal just doesn't seem to pronounce things very well though.

  7. #7
    vexatious enigma
    Reputation: waldo425's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,987
    Quote Originally Posted by Sojourneyman
    I've been pronouncing the final 'r' for a while, but I think I've only been hearing it from Phil and Paul.

    One of the guys on Universal just doesn't seem to pronounce things very well though.
    I heard it that way from them and just assumed it was wrong. They don't seem to be the best at getting things right. Seems like one of them is the John Madden of cycling --- so you see, when you have the tire on the wheel and the wheel on the bicycle you can go down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDaddio
    Unlike Roebuck, you do "do" people.
    Maybe Judas did it for a Klondike bar.

    Life in the fast lane with no brakes

  8. #8
    hfc
    hfc is offline
    Doesn't like subtitles
    Reputation: hfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    2,046
    Emphasis on first syllable, which is pronounced like "fair" and the final "-ar" is pronounced "-et"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

2015 LIGHTS SHOOTOUT

Hot Deals See All Hot Deals >>

Interbike Featured Booths

Check out the hottest road bike products from these brands!



















See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »


Latest RoadBike Articles


Latest Videos

RoadbikeReview on Facebook