banned
    Aug 2006

Off the beaten track

I'm planning a climbing trip to the Pyrenees next year. I was working near Zaragosa in the summer. I managed a couple of drives North to see the mountains. The thing that surprised me was that I couldn't get a decent map. Now I'm spoilt by the Ordnance Survey, every last field and contour in Britain is mapped. And walked in France and Switzerland that are both mapped in detail. But Spain, thats another matter ! A climbing mate said that tracks and paths on Spanish maps often exist only in the imagination of the cartographer !
    But I think this is cool, its time I went of the beaten track, somewhere that route finding isn't just a matter of checking grid references or doing a section on prominent landmarks, I'll be somewhere not quite fully explored, with a whiff of uncertainty; thats what going into wild country should be !

banned
    Aug 2006
    spunk

All I wanted was a Pepsi!

Whatever you do...

DO NOT rope up with Joe Simpson. That cat has some very, very bad luck! (Simon Yates can belay me any day, though.)
    "If you have the guts to be yourself, other people'll pay your price." - Rabbit Angstrom

Resident Dutchbag
    There's bears in the pyrenees. That fact in conjunction with fantasy cartography could spell fun.
    Originally posted by thatsmybush:
    I can only speak for my self, but if Fergie wanted to rub her lovely lady lumps on me, I could play the role of "human stripper pole."

For president!
    Go find some crazy basques who climb 5.14b and go climb some stuff in the middle of nowhere. Sounds like fun,

Silas
    Formidable Pharmacologically