Thread: Om Nom Nom Nom

donuts?

Om Nom Nom Nom

after riding, i want to eat you all. so hungry. must resist. just had a glass of tea, a 1/2 cup of peach yogurt and some yogurt covered raisins. now i'm eating the glass i had the tea in...

-Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Chain
    Next time, save your energy for tomorrows ride and try not to come in 6th.

Frog Whisperer
    kitteh farming?
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right......

AIE
    midnight melon mounter
    My bonk fantasies have always been about peanut butter. I came home from an ugly one many years ago, and had scoops of peanut butter in a bowl of grape nuts cereal.

donuts?
    Hardees of all places used to have the absolute best chef salads in the 89-90 timeframe. i used to stop there on my way home from the Saturday hammerfest and get that and a chocolate shake.

as long as i resist the binge urges, i'll be ok. need to buy some carrots.
    -Steve

Ricardo Cabeza
    the best thing is to stop and get a bacon double bacon burger smothered in bacon with extra bacon and bacon on the side half way through your ride
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex-in-Evanston
    My bonk fantasies have always been about peanut butter. I came home from an ugly one many years ago, and had scoops of peanut butter in a bowl of grape nuts cereal.
    Nope - ice cream. If I there is ice cream on offer, no mountain is too high. Or pie - blackberry pie with vanilla ice cream... yum.

.... D@^n - nothing in freezer...
    As I grow older I will remember the first light on the water, my will to win, the strength of my arms and the power of the crew.

donuts?
    when out for a monster backpacking trip, i had everyone sold on skipping lunch that day and hammering out the remaining miles to the cars to get pie at a local diner. i was later told i was a god. everyone in the group ordered a different slice of pie and everyone was beyond happy.

i would have been screwed if the pie sucked since i spent about an hour selling them on the idea.

we hiked the 9 miles in under 2.5 miles. we were hauling ass.
    -Steve

Ricardo Cabeza
    Quote Originally Posted by asciibaron
    we hiked the 9 miles in under 2.5 miles.
    um, time warp? Hyperspace? Worm hole??
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

GIMME MY BIKE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex-in-Evanston
    My bonk dream is pizza. No cheese, no sauce pizza with onions, garlic, mushrooms, diced tomatoes, spinach and ricotta cheese. From Frank's. But usually when I'm bonking that hard, I'll eat any sort of meatless pizza.
    Harrow: "You have to finish it, lad. You have to finish it. For a man to lay beaten... and yet breathing? It makes him a coward."

Inara: "It's humiliation."

Mal: "Sure. It would be humiliating. Having to lie there while the better man refuses to spill your blood... Mercy is the mark of a great man. (lightly stabs Atherton with the sword) Guess I'm just a good man. (stabs him again) Well, I'm all right."

donuts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69
    um, time warp? Hyperspace? Worm hole??
    9 miles 2.5 hours. OM NOM NOM NOM
    -Steve

RoadBikeReview Member
    Bonk fantasy for me always centers on fruit juice and getting it into my innards as quickly as possible....
    DFL>DNF>DNS

By the time you get home you won't remember why you didn't want to get off the couch.
    ---Val Garou

RoadBikeReview Member
    Frozen banana blended into chocolate milk. MMMMMMMM.

donuts?
    i broke down and had a bowl of cookie crisp cereal. i was hungry man. hungry.
    -Steve

hit it
    Usually pizza or bbq. Mmmm....

Although, last weekend after a hard ride I went & had sushi & it was teh awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2Hotty View Post
    But I'm not a douche. I'm awesome.

your text here
    the thought of sushi or soft shell chorizo tacos always keep me going. but i usually end up with peanut butter toast when i get home.
    I don't normally "do people." - Dr. Roebuck

RoadBikeReview Member
    There was a story in the NY Times the other day, about the Garmin team chef. The riders burn about 4,000 calories/day, and must consume 5,000-8,000. Thing is, they're often too tired to eat, if they even have an appetite at all.

They snack when they get up, and on their way to the starting line, then twice while riding, once they cross the finish line, then another snack before dinner.

The Garmin chef makes sure there's a clean kitchen at each hotel, and if it's not up to snuff, he prepares the food in the motor home. He wants to ensure there's no risk of food poisoning/GI issues, and prepares gluten-soy-and-dairy-free meals (not sure why this is important.)

Anyway. I'm fascinated by the concept of having to eat four times the normal amount of calories. What a dream job!!

donuts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine
    Anyway. I'm fascinated by the concept of having to eat four times the normal amount of calories. What a dream job!!
    have you never driven past a Golden Corral?
    -Steve

Alien Musician
    I remember the worst bonk I ever had was followed by an utterly absurd meal of
    half a fried chicken, leaded coke (not diet meaning), french fries, toast, part of a
    watermelon (1/3rd) and dessert. I can't imagine eating all of that nowadays.
    my music is online at aliensporebomb dot com yes indeed.
    my twitter for those bored: http://www.twitter.com/aliensporebomb

Sticky Valentine
    Peanut butter straight out of the jar on a spoon and carrot juice.

Mmmmmm

joe
    'They say gold paint on the palace gates comes from the teeth of pensioners
    They're so tired of shooting protest singers that they hardly mention us
    While fountains fill with second-hand perfume and sodden trading stamps
    They'll hang the bullies and the louts that dampen down the day" - EC

disgruntled pigskin fan
    Been a while since my last bonk, but I imagine my health-conscious eating habits would be abandoned for some real, salty junk food. Something like a massive burrito or a Mama Mimi's take 'n bake pizza of the chicken pesto variety.

waterproof*
    One of my personal symptoms of a bad bonk is that I'm not hungry at all, and can barely even get food in, I'm so tired.

But just a normal hard ride, hungry finish type deal, yeah all that stuff that's been mentioned.

disgruntled pigskin fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees
    One of my personal symptoms of a bad bonk is that I'm not hungry at all, and can barely even get food in, I'm so tired.

But just a normal hard ride, hungry finish type deal, yeah all that stuff that's been mentioned.
    What about PB&J?