chica cyclista
    Feb 2004

paging triple shot espresso - NNC content inside

More photos, this time from our team's Haystack Mountain TT, held last Saturday.

does triple shot espresso still read this board? if so, I gotta pic of him haulin' ass on the front of his TTT peeps.

Other pics include:

Mini-Phinney

the Argyle Express

and last but not least, some other fast dudes

o yea, FTF is in that photoset, too, but I won't out him.
    Grandpa LFR: "Kid, don't wrestle with pigs; you'll just get covered in crap, and the pig enjoys it."

/Grandpa LFR

waterproof*
    5-man ttt? interesting. Looks like you had a nice turnout!
    * posted by Creakybot 2013 all rights reserved.
    * not actually waterproof.

chica cyclista
    Feb 2004
    yep, you could start with as many as 5 in the men's TTTs, time was taken on 3rd man across the line.

women's and juniors' TTT you could field 4, finish 2.

we had over 400 individual TT finishers. I think Alan said we had something close to 700 entries total.
    Grandpa LFR: "Kid, don't wrestle with pigs; you'll just get covered in crap, and the pig enjoys it."

/Grandpa LFR

More cowbell!
    This pic is too cool. I love seeing juniors racing.

DFL > DNF > DNS

chica cyclista
    Feb 2004

yeah, and they were both trucking along, too

get a load of those itty bitty custom Felts, eh?

I think that might be a brother-sister pair. Note the argyle patterned kit. That's another one of Jonathan Vaughters' 5280/Slipstream development squads; in this case it's his local club that he's been running since as long as I've lived out here.

/Grandpa LFR

your text here
    i find it interesting that toyota united were all on regular rigs.
    I don't normally "do people." - Dr. Roebuck

chica cyclista
    Feb 2004

yeah, sometimes it doesn't really matter tho

our women's 1-2 squad didn't use any aero' equipment at all, not even skinsuits, and they put down a massive time to hit the podium against a stacked category, plus they beat a bunch of more 'established' teams with top rank Elite/Cat 1 gals on full custom setups. I know for sure at least one of them is "only" a cat 3. I mean, hell, they beat friggin' Vitamin Cottage, and that just doesn't happen out here.

in a TTT it's often more down to how well your squad rides together than how much cash you have to throw at the deal.

/Grandpa LFR

Diphthong
    Nice photos! TE representin'! Woot!

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of $hit, man.

chica cyclista
    Feb 2004
    thanks, glad you like em! evergreen had several squads out there, sadly this was the only good photo I managed to shoot of them.

that stupid low-rent sigma tele zoom of mine is slower than slugs, and when it's overcast, all bets are off. I think I'll hit my teammate over the head and steal his 70-200 VR, lord knows he rarely uses it.

we have a pro photog on our club who runs Canon equipment. he had a f/1.8 telephoto at the crit on sunday; bloody thing must have cost more than my house.

/Grandpa LFR

Diphthong
    Quote Originally Posted by lonefrontranger
    thanks, glad you like em! evergreen had several squads out there, sadly this was the only good photo I managed to shoot of them.

that stupid low-rent sigma tele zoom of mine is slower than slugs, and when it's overcast, all bets are off. I think I'll hit my teammate over the head and steal his 70-200 VR, lord knows he rarely uses it.

we have a pro photog on our club who runs Canon equipment. he had a f/1.8 telephoto at the crit on sunday; bloody thing must have cost more than my house.
    We're having a Colorado RBR ride Memorial Day weekend. You need to make it this time and bring that low-rent camera.
    I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of $hit, man.

Shirtcocker

cool shot
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking