Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    It's complexicated

Perfect Storm: Team Collin, 24HoB, Indy, June 29-30

An invitation to join Team Collin through riding, fundraising, donating

24 Hours of Booty is kicking off a new venue in Indy on June 29-30, 2012 and Team Collin wants to make our presence known. Team Collin was formed in 2010 to honor and memorialize Collin Marsh, infant son of phil. Team members have chosen to attend Indy in hopes that Loungers who couldn’t get to the Atlanta event in 2010 or 2011 can participate. It is a 24 hour biking event on a closed course at Butler University.(Some members who live in the Atlanta region are planning to attend their hometown event on October 6-7 too, if anyone wants to join us there. Atlanta Link: 24 Hob ATL Ga Oct 2012.) Team members pay $65 to join the event and are required to raise a minimum of $200 to represent their team. JustTooBig and LenJ have volunteered to be our go-to team members/coordinators in the Indy area. This invitation is open to all RBR Loungers to participate by riding, raising money for the riders, or by donating money to the cause through Team Collin's 24 Hours of Booty web page. You can click on a team member's name from the members list to access their personal page and donate to that person.

edit: And a note from Illustrious Leader JustTooBig, "for those who seriously want to contribute to the effort by joining the team in Indy, send a PM [and a cookie] to JustTooBig in order to receive the password, the decoder ring and the first clue to the secret handshake..."

Collin’s story: Collin Marsh was diagnosed with AML, an aggressive form of leukemia at the age of 7 months. He fought through chemo, a cord blood transplant, and HVGD (Host Versus Graft Disease), which caused his immune system to relentlessly attack his tiny body with violent rashes both internally and externally. But just days after Collin’s 2nd birthday, on May 12, 2010 the HVGD took his life. Phil and his wife bravely shared their child’s story here in The Lounge and through Caring Bridge. Many of us followed every step forward and backward, hope, joy and despair though the family’s entire ordeal. We all grieved with them when Collin passed away. Rather than sit on their hands, some amazing Loungers formed Team Collin to do something to help. That tradition continues into its 3rd year.

Our Mission: Team Collin through 24 Hours of Booty works to raise money for cancer research and to get help for critically ill patients through the LiveStrong Foundation and several cancer centers and hospitals. Through publicity and participation, we hope to some day stop cancer and put and end to ordeals like Collin’s.
    Note: last year Team Collin raised over $6000 for 24 Hours of Booty and was the 8th highest contributing team at the Atlanta event, which raised nearly a quarter of a million dollars for research to fight cancer and catastrophic illness.
    Last edited by The Missus; 01-04-2012 at 12:52 PM. Reason: ....and....
    Help Support Team Collin. Check out my website MellysArt.com. A portion of every print sold will go to 24 Hours of Booty. All of the proceeds from the note cards goes to support the fight against cancer.

"Hill Repeats are easy. Chemo is hard." ~VaughnA, survivor 24 years and counting

Stumpcake!
    I'm so in! And I'm already bouncing off the ceiling in anticipation.

There will be a group of us in Atlanta as well.
    "Indecision may or may not be my problem."

corning my own beef
    Registration has been open for less than 3 hours ..... and Team Collin already has 9 members registered! This is gonna be special....

and please don't forget about the ATL event in October too!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People who say, "Laughter is the best medicine.." have never been on the receiving end of a morphine drip..

ноожеяз ай вщоw?
    -VaughnA

A fool and his money were damned lucky to have bumped into each other in the first place.

Old and Fixed, Moderator
    I'm registered for IND.....

Make sure it's warm and the course is flat.................................

and I need a new bike for this.......

Red doesn't go with Team Collin colors....
    Dave Hickey/ Fort Worth

My 3Rensho Blog: http://vintage3rensholove.blogspot.com/

Stumpcake!
    Quote Originally Posted by JustTooBig View Post
    Registration has been open for less than 3 hours ..... and Team Collin already has 9 members registered! This is gonna be special....

and please don't forget about the ATL event in October too!
    I'll create a separate thread and link to it. That way people won't get confused about which event location they're looking at.

Frog Whisperer
    I'm already confused...... but I'm registered anyhow!
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right......

It's complexicated
    I've added a link to Atlanta's 24HoB event to the OP. If one doesn't fit your schedule, maybe the other will!

And if you can't ride, please help us with our fundraising any way you can.
    Help Support Team Collin. Check out my website MellysArt.com. A portion of every print sold will go to 24 Hours of Booty. All of the proceeds from the note cards goes to support the fight against cancer.

"Hill Repeats are easy. Chemo is hard." ~VaughnA, survivor 24 years and counting

Stumpcake!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Missus View Post
    I've added a link to Atlanta's 24HoB event to the OP. If one doesn't fit your schedule, maybe the other will!

And if you can't ride, please help us with our fundraising any way you can.
    Thanks!

The Atlanta Booty dates are October 6th & 7th.

Team Collin 24 Hours Of Booty - Atlanta

And yes, I'm doing both!

Did y'all see on the registration where they're doing a grand tour of Booty for people that want to sign up for all 4 events? Perhaps next year...
    Last edited by tconrady; 07-16-2012 at 04:08 AM.

corning my own beef
    and the route.....

can be found right HERE

3.3 mi and really flat. How many single-speeds will we have there?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People who say, "Laughter is the best medicine.." have never been on the receiving end of a morphine drip..

ноожеяз ай вщоw?
    -VaughnA

A fool and his money were damned lucky to have bumped into each other in the first place.

RoadBikeReview Member
    I 'd like to join the Team in Indy. Just need the password. Who should I pm for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2Hotty View Post
    The problem is I don't know how hard my wood is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxtox View Post
    well, riding reduces my homicidal urges, so it's beneficial in that regard.

It's complexicated
    and the route.....

can be found right HERE

3.3 mi and really flat. How many single-speeds will we have there?
    I'magonna need that flat ground! Teh Robin Hood's rear wheel with a 3 speed Sturmey Archer alone weighs in at over 4.5 pounds!!!

Goodbye, Pork Pie Hat
    I'm registered for Indianapolis, but my page clearly shows I'm riding in Charlotte.
    hang out in Podium Girls - the desperation there is way funny - terry b
    I don't get either but that is irrelevant to the comedic impact and it's resulting effect on the male centric hegemony contained therein... - svendo
    when I was a n00b there were no message boards to clutter up with trolling posts. I had to do it the hard way....standing at the mall making fun of people loudly - Platy
    ...in short, antonio_b ... it's time to embrace your inner Travis Bickle - spirito

Lemur-ing
    I wish I could ride with you guys but darn, it's all waaayyy to far away for a flight there and back, not to mention it's not during any school break.
    Quote Originally Posted by tconrady
    If I can get some more tomorrow.... I thought it'd grow on me but I'm not feelin' it....wait..
    Allez United!

Glory, Glory Man United, and the Reds go marching on!

Seat's not level
    It would be awesome to join you all.

If I could, I just might have to make up some Team Collin pints - hydratrion is an important thing.

Flat course would be fantastic for the monster cruiser. It would cost a fortune to ship back and forth.
    Perfect Storm: Team Collin, 24HoB, Indy, June 29-30-monstercruiser.jpg

Might
    Bad decisions make great stories - JP

He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I know. -- Abraham Lincoln, Unknown , Unknown

It's complexicated
    Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post

If I could, I just might have to make up some Team Collin pints - hydratrion is an important thing.

Flat course would be fantastic for the monster cruiser. It would cost a fortune to ship back and forth.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monstercruiser.JPG 
Views:	730 
Size:	215.3 KB 
ID:	248555

Might
    We'd be stylin', you and me on our uber cool cruisers.

Zaphod Beeblebrox
    Hmm, gonna have to bounce this off Mrs. DLMKA.
    From what I've heard playing a banjo is an easy way to get into your sister's pants

-TWB8s

Goodbye, Pork Pie Hat
    Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	monstercruiser.JPG 
Views:	730 
Size:	215.3 KB 
ID:	248555

Might
    Chain, consider shipping via Greyhound. The train station is two blocks away from work. I could pick it up for you. My brother in law shipped his to Indy from Reno two years ago for RAIN.

Not sure how much you'll fork over, but it's certainly an option.
    I don't get either but that is irrelevant to the comedic impact and it's resulting effect on the male centric hegemony contained therein... - svendo
    when I was a n00b there were no message boards to clutter up with trolling posts. I had to do it the hard way....standing at the mall making fun of people loudly - Platy
    ...in short, antonio_b ... it's time to embrace your inner Travis Bickle - spirito

still shedding season
    3.3 mi and really flat.
    Will there be a rest stop half way around the loop?

I'm asking because I just registered!

I'm nominating "looking forward to it" as understatement of the year!

Frog Whisperer
    This is getting big!

Goodbye, Pork Pie Hat
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    This is getting big!
    NTTAWWT.

PS - it just got a little bigger. Mrs_B just joined Team Collin.

Uw zadel is niet waterpas
    If I can get off work, I'm sooooooo there.

Windrider (Stubborn)
    I'm in. Hopefully I'll be added to the team page.

Len

"Evil....is the complete lack of Empathy!"

""We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. " Aristotle

No one is as bad as the worst thing they have done & no one is as good as the best thing they have done.........think of that when you feel like you understand someone.

Frog Whisperer
    I see ya there Len.....!

Low rep power
    I'm working on this...........
    We'll be back soon, there will be more of us, and next time we won't be dropping leaflets.

“The problem with quotes on the internet is that it’s hard to verify their authenticity” – Abraham Lincoln

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by saf-t View Post
    I'm working on this...........
    and I'm working on HIM.......LOL

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast