Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    tlg
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Durt View Post
    Laminate in my living room and kitchen. Looks good, was affordable. HATE it. Floor was level, used recommended padding, and it's loud as hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
    The sound thing is what bothers me about the Pergo.
    My house was built in the 1920's. The floors are level-ish. I've put Pergo in one room and another product in another room. Both are dead quiet.
    Custom Di2 & Garmin/GoPro mounts 2013 SuperSix EVO Hi-MOD Team * 2004 Klein Aura V

Frog Whisperer
    I am a firm believer in "if you want it to look like wood, use wood!" I have installed a lot of 3/4 inch tongue and groove maple in my house and have been able to get it nailed down for 2 to 2.50 per square foot. It is permanent and structural. As for the pre-finished, I love the idea but all I have seen has a bit of a bevel on the edges and I just don't like that. I ended up buying a flooring nailer at Harbor Freight for less than the cost of renting one.

Do not lose sight of the fact that these are FLOORS, they get walked on, spilled on, dropped on and only look new for a while when you put them down!
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

Beetpull DeLite
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    As for the pre-finished, I love the idea but all I have seen has a bit of a bevel on the edges and I just don't like that.
    Yeah, cleaning cat puke out of the grooves is a blast.

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by GirchyGirchy View Post
    Yeah, cleaning cat puke out of the grooves is a blast.
    Not an issue, I don't have a cat, and dogs NEVER do anything disgusting!!!
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Alright, went back to Home Depot. Probably going with this stuff. Just trying to figure out if it works with the stairs

LifeProof Multi-Width x 47.6 in. Seasoned Wood Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring (19.53 sq. ft. / case)-I114813L - The Home Depot

Not a climber
    My wife and I are redoing the ground level floors in our house, replacing some shitty carpet and engineered hardwood. We were dead set on Pergo Outlast+ until we couldn't find a color we liked. Wife found a nice Pergo XP color. Then we visited a real flooring store that had 100 different options and we were recommended to go with LVT because we want maximum water resistance. This stuff will have to stand up to multiple dogs and being in the entryway for our front door, garage, and backyard. Ended up with Mannington Adura Max LVT, fully waterproof, scratchproof and dentproof. I cannot wait to get it in and finally put the room back together.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2014
    I have the stranded/woven bamboo floors.. I live in the DC area so plenty of snow and associated salt/sand crap that gets tracked in. I also have a Great Dane and a Dalmatian (that likes to run on the spot scratching the crap out of the floors with his nails).. The floors have held up nicely for close to 5 years now.

I will note that when they get saturated with water, they swell and fail (had a window leaking into the wall, one day we came home and bam.. the floor looked like skate park ramps...) That was a fun project...

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Touch0Gray View Post
    Do not lose sight of the fact that these are FLOORS, they get walked on, spilled on, dropped on and only look new for a while when you put them down!
    Yeah. It took a while for us to get over being frustrated at how our bamboo flooring seemed to ding and scratch so easily. Now, after 12 years, when we drop something etc. we just shrug and say, "oh look, more patina".

RoadBikeReview Member
    We ended back up with the Pergo Outlast. The lifeproof vinyl stuff was very thin and would have required plywood underneath which added greatly to the cost, plus it doesn't work on stairs. So fingers crossed with the Pergo. I'm sure it will be fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12