RoadBikeReview Member

Pets In Bed: Yea Or Nay

There is a reason why they call it a Three Dog Night.

Weather here has been hot and muggy, but as soon as temps went into the sixties, I find the need to find my corner of the bed.

BTW, we actually did have three dogs (two Dobes and a mutt) on our futon in my hippy youth.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2014
    We drew the line at the bed. No pets in the bed. That did not stop the dogs from occasionally sneaking up (you would be surprised how often Great Danes think they can sneak up into the bed between you and your wife thinking no one would notice... yeah.. when you are almost 200 pounds.. you notice.. The Dalmatian however used to successfully sneak onto the end of the bed).

We went with dog beds at the end or side of our bed and god them used to sleeping in them.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ljvb View Post
    (you would be surprised how often Great Danes think they can sneak up into the bed between you and your wife thinking no one would notice... yeah.. when you are almost 200 pounds.. you notice.. The Dalmatian however used to successfully sneak onto the end of the bed).

... Maka was good on his own, but Roman...

a real member's member
    zoe used to sleep under the covers with me on occasion.

gus sleeps on top.

Yossarian: don't worry. nothing's going to happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us.

Banned forever.....or not
    When I had cats, they used to sleep on the bed. Occasionally they thought that feet were monsters under the covers, and would attack them when they moved.
    If your opinion differs from mine, ..........Too bad.
    How would you like it if Hitler killed you
    Dogbert.

I>U

Buying parts to hang on your bike is always easier than getting fit.

If you feel wimpy and weak, get out and train more, ya wee lassie!

If Jesus had a gun, he'd be alive today!

Devoid of all flim-flam
    The cats do what they want. It's okay.
    Mapie is a conventional looking former Hollywood bon viveur, now leading a quiet life in a house made of wood by an isolated beach. He has cultivated a taste for culture, and is a celebrated raconteur amongst his local associates, who are artists, actors, and other leftfield/eccentric types. I imagine he has a telescope, and an unusual sculpture outside his front door. He is also a beach comber. The Rydster.

RoadBikeReview Member
    only time there's no cat on our bed is when we're in a hotel.
    Faith is pretending to know things you don't know

Schuylkill Trail Bum
    I had a big ol tomcat that would start out sharing the bed, but little by little, push me off.

I'd often wake up in the morning with one of my legs hanging off the side of the bed... while during the night, my cat had stretched himself out almost diagonally, with his feet pointed at the small of my back.

I tried locking him out of the bedroom a few times. He'd yowl loudly, and even throw himself against the door until I let him in. Of course, I'd lecture him about hogging the bed. He'd just smile and purr, knowing the bed was his and I was just an obstacle to be pushed aside.

Proud luddite
    We have 4 cats and on most nights there's three of them on the bed. The fourth one hates the other 3 so she stays away from them and does her own thing. Her attitude is poor, but she's a cat so she can be that way.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Back in the day, Sprocket had a thing for the Tour.

Master debator.
    We have 4 dogs, when it's warm none of them sleep on the bed. When it's cold there may be two. When there's a thunderstorm there's a 70 pound baby burying himself between us.
    "I felt bad because I couldn't wheelie; until I met a man with no bicycle"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Out three cats are occasionally all on the bed. I have to navigate my way in between them and the misses. lol. Around 45 pounds of feline on the ole bed.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Cats rule the house and therefore the bed. I, like notvintage, have to navigate between them because, well, you know, they rule and humans are lower on the hierarchy and get first choice spots on the bed.
    While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions. - Stephen R. Covey.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2014
    I had 4 cats.. now I have none.. I am happier now They all passed of old age, but I am done with litter boxes, at least till my kid will clean them himself. Dogs on the other hand, especially big mean dogs like my goofball Great Dane are here to stay

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2014
    My cat owns the bed during the day, he's off limits during the night since he feels it's his duty to wake me @ 5am with a relentless paw on the face. I'll occasionally relent on cold nights.

Boobies!
    We had two who would share the bed at least some of the time, but they've gone to kitty heaven. Especially when the down quilt was on the bed and it was cold...

The 'new' cat, Mr. Casey was not allowed on the bed--and (the late) Fred used to patrol the border. Occasionally during the day Casey would sneak down the hall and occupy the whole bed.

The old man cat, Mr. Claude will visit to sit on my chest and say good night--it used to be a regular routine, but he is pretty frail now, and finds it hard to get comfortable sitting on people, so the visits are pretty infrequent now.

I kinda miss the bed-hogging...
    "There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."
    John Rogers

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apr 2015
    Yes. Sleep enhancement is what cats are for.

Sounds like if this were a pohl the choices would be:
    1. Yes
    2. No
    3. I don't get to choose.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Four cats, one of whom comes and goes all night at this time of year. In winter they all sleep with us. Nothing better than having a 17 pound maine coon cat as a footwarmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proud luddite
    Quote Originally Posted by DocRogers View Post
    Nothing better than having a 17 pound maine coon cat as a footwarmer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Only 17 pounds for a Maine Coon? Must have been the runt of the litter. 😁

Frog Whisperer
    My dogs have never been allowed on furniture. They always had to sneak!
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

RoadBikeReview Member
    Apparently I have a dog shaped tumor growing off my butt cuz it's been there since 10 last night.