RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

post Thanksgiving hangover; whole day shot

Today would have been a great day for a ride. Upper 50's and sunny. I got super carried away with the wine after Thanksgiving dinner and ended up with the worst hangover I have had in at least 10 years. I had to bag the riding and spend the day inside being mad at myself

Hi
    May 2010
    Bummer. In my experience nothing kills a hangover like a good sweat.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Yeah, I'd ride anyway. Unlikely to make you feel worse. And probably will make you feel better. 3 Motrin + water + get on your bike.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

in way to bad shape to ride

Quote Originally Posted by davelikestoplay View Post
    Bummer. In my experience nothing kills a hangover like a good sweat.
    I was not eating solid food until 11am. The ride would have killed me, not the hangover

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    Today would have been a great day for a ride. Upper 50's and sunny. I got super carried away with the wine after Thanksgiving dinner and ended up with the worst hangover I have had in at least 10 years. I had to bag the riding and spend the day inside being mad at myself
    Agree with the others on the good sweat. Personally too much wine and too much turkey left me asleep on the couch by 9 and wide awake for a nice morning ride.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004

never again

Quote Originally Posted by NJBiker72 View Post
    Agree with the others on the good sweat. Personally too much wine and too much turkey left me asleep on the couch by 9 and wide awake for a nice morning ride.
    If John Bonham had survived lived his infamous drinking binge, he still would have felt better than I do today.

QED
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Sweating is the best way to get over a hangover. I went to spin class this morning and my sweat smelled like the alcohol I drank yesterday after skiing. You've got to sweat it out.

The worst ride I ever had was mtn biking up to Wallace Falls the morning after drinking way too much red wine. I had gone to bed at 2 am and had to pick up two friends at 6:30 am since I had the bike rack on my car. I was miserable, but had already committed. I threw up the whole way up that mountain. By the time I got to the top, I had sucked my camelback dry and was feeling much better. The ride down was total fun!

RoadBikeReview Member
    Can't go into too much detail about my worst hangover, but it did involve vomiting on my way up a mountain.

Sounds too painful to ride, I would suggest hydrating well and maybe an Ambien to sleep it off.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Nov 2012
    heh heh heh
    hangovers

QED
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Can't go into too much detail about my worst hangover, but it did involve vomiting on my way up a mountain.
    We have much in common.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by QED View Post
    Sweating is the best way to get over a hangover. I went to spin class this morning and my sweat smelled like the alcohol I drank yesterday after skiing. You've got to sweat it out.

The worst ride I ever had was mtn biking up to Wallace Falls the morning after drinking way too much red wine. I had gone to bed at 2 am and had to pick up two friends at 6:30 am since I had the bike rack on my car. I was miserable, but had already committed. I threw up the whole way up that mountain. By the time I got to the top, I had sucked my camelback dry and was feeling much better. The ride down was total fun!

Lol! That sounds miserable.

I nursed a turkey hangover this morning. I just finished off a plate of leftover turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, and a roll. Turkey hangover number two!

Hai.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    I was not eating solid food until 11am. The ride would have killed me, not the hangover
    Nothing kills a hangover like a nice, big plate of pad Thai. At least that's how it works in my experience.
    Man up, dumb down, and do one gear.

/AYHSMB

RoadBikeReview Member
    We have much in common

I *wish.* You were at least riding a bike early in the morning; I was in a car.

Though my very first hangover was during an early-morning hike up a mountain after zero sleep- no vomiting that time, but I was young!

Masters Neophyte

Post Thanksgiving spending hangover: whole day shot

I spent the whole day on the couch, ordering merchandise from my favorite online purveyors.
    Capt Willard: "Every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger."