RoadBikeReview Member

Put your best foot forward. Guitar for sale?

Put your best foot forward. This pic is the showcase, first pic for this listing.

Guitar for sale? What's with the crazy strings?
    Overall, not a bad deal for a basic, decent steel string. But who knows what kind of care it has been under...
    https://houston.craigslist.org/msg/6136359723.html

Name:  Fendg25s.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  21.7 KB

Ricardo Cabeza
    Not a bad price if it's in ok condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Whenever the legislators endeavour to take away and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people who are thereupon absolved from any further obedience, and are left to the common refuge which God hath provided for all men against force and violence - John Locke

SuperAndy's Garage

Devoid of all flim-flam
    Guitar looks fine. Don't worry about the strings. Whoever put the strings on simply didn't bother to trim the ends, or to artfully coil them. Sometimes you're just in a hurry. Some folks think it's macho and pro to leave 'em straggling.
    Mapie is a conventional looking former Hollywood bon viveur, now leading a quiet life in a house made of wood by an isolated beach. He has cultivated a taste for culture, and is a celebrated raconteur amongst his local associates, who are artists, actors, and other leftfield/eccentric types. I imagine he has a telescope, and an unusual sculpture outside his front door. He is also a beach comber. The Rydster.

a real member's member
    label reads "korea."

still might be worthwhile.

just play it before purchase. make sure it's not warped.
    Yossarian: don't worry. nothing's going to happen to you that won't happen to the rest of us.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfrancois View Post
    label reads "korea."

still might be worthwhile.

just play it before purchase. make sure it's not warped.
    Yeah. They should include a picture of the fingerboard and strings from the side, so you can get some idea what the action is like.

I used to leave strings like that sometimes. I thought of it as more folkie/hippie than macho/pro, but it was a bit of an image thing in any event. No functional effect either way.
    We are far from pefect,
    But perfect as we are
    We are bruised, we are broken,
    But we are goddamn works of art
    Works of art

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles
    I have a DG 14s that has been my boon companion for about 15 years. Made in China it seems on looking at the label right now. I think I paid about $300 or thereabouts new.

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    I'd meet at a reputable guitar shop and have it looked at before making any final decisions. I've been burned on used acoustic guitar purchases before.
    I lost my phone number. Can I have yours?

RoadBikeReview Member
    Check the top by sighting down the neck. I don't know about Houston, but here in the winter dry/summer humid climate of New England, guitar tops move around a lot if the climate isn't well controlled (generally by keeping the guitar in a hardshell case with a good guitar humidifier). The bigger the guitar, the more of an issue it is. Unless the top is plywood, in which case forget everything I just said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadBikeReview Member
    Our weather is tough on stringed instruments. Its the heat, and humidity, and sunlight. If the instrument remains in the house it will be OK - we all have air conditioning running regularly for three seasons, and a lot in winter, or the humidity plus heat destroy your home with mold.

Once you move from one air-conditioned space to another, it is really tough. Especially with a classical guitar, since the heat and sun will stretch the strings out.

My fifth-grader just finished trucking a cello, in a good case and bungied to a hand cart, on his walk to school two days a week for school strings practice/lessons. They were diligent about tuning almost everyday - that is a lot of tuning - the teachers did not want the ids messing up the tuning, so the teachers (plus a HS volunteer) did all the tuning for violins, violas, and cellos. Kudos to the teachers.