Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Cat 6
    Reputation: chuckice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,338

    Quantum of Solace

    Anyone else going this weekend? I rarely hit movies opening weekend but I really enjoyed Casino Royale so I'll hit this one. I hope it's not disappointing.

  2. #2
    Lemur-ing
    Reputation: uzziefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    19,422
    I feel like catching it.

    Now to find people to watch it with.

    Oh, I'm actually considering watching Role Models but I don't know if it's worth it to spend $ on - maybe renting or something like that (watch at a friend's place etc) might be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by tconrady
    If I can get some more tomorrow.... I thought it'd grow on me but I'm not feelin' it....wait..
    Allez United!

    Glory, Glory Man United, and the Reds go marching on!

  3. #3
    Cat 6
    Reputation: chuckice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,338
    Quote Originally Posted by uzziefly
    I feel like catching it.

    Now to find people to watch it with.

    Oh, I'm actually considering watching Role Models but I don't know if it's worth it to spend $ on - maybe renting or something like that (watch at a friend's place etc) might be better.
    I may have to rent that one as well...something about seeing that kid slap Sean William Scott makes me lol.

  4. #4
    World's 1st Anal-rapist
    Reputation: Magsdad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,147
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckice
    I may have to rent that one as well...something about seeing that kid slap Sean William Scott makes me JEALOUS.
    Fixed it for ya!
    Oh, I've been in the film business for a while, but I just can't seem to get one in the can.

    O-kay, who'd like a banger in the mouth? Right, I forgot, here in the States, you call it a *sausage* in the mouth.

  5. #5
    Lemur-ing
    Reputation: uzziefly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    19,422
    Hey now now, Sean William Scott is actually a nice guy who just gets real lucky in movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by tconrady
    If I can get some more tomorrow.... I thought it'd grow on me but I'm not feelin' it....wait..
    Allez United!

    Glory, Glory Man United, and the Reds go marching on!

  6. #6
    Shirtcocker
    Reputation: Bocephus Jones II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    61,138
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckice
    Anyone else going this weekend? I rarely hit movies opening weekend but I really enjoyed Casino Royale so I'll hit this one. I hope it's not disappointing.
    I heard it sucks. Lotsa action, but not much else. The leading lady (who always has some erotic double-entendre name) for this movie is named...








    wait for it...










    Camille.


    and James goes into a bar and orders...








    wait for it...








    ...lager.


    review

    http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/...ntum_of_solace
    Last edited by Bocephus Jones II; 11-14-2008 at 07:17 AM.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

  7. #7
    Cat 6
    Reputation: chuckice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    I heard it sucks. Lotsa action, but not much else. The leading lady (who always has some erotic double-entendre name) for this movie is named...








    wait for it...










    Camille.


    and James goes into a bar and orders...








    wait for it...








    ...lager.


    review

    http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/...ntum_of_solace
    Ouch...they defininitely seem to be trying to shed some of the semi-camp of earlier movies.

  8. #8
    Shirtcocker
    Reputation: Bocephus Jones II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    61,138
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckice
    Ouch...they defininitely seem to trying to shed some of the semi-camp of earlier movies.
    Lot of reviews said that it appeared they were trying to imitate action-packed Jason Bourne movies.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

  9. #9
    Cat 6
    Reputation: chuckice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus Jones II
    Lot of reviews said that it appeared they were trying to imitate action-packed Jason Bourne movies.
    Oh well...I shall report back.

  10. #10
    xploshin
    Reputation: Miiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    533
    I didn't like it that much, it was ok but there was hardly a plot.

    And there was no cool evil henchman.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

INTERBIKE

Contest

Hot Deals See All Hot Deals >>

Interbike Featured Booths

Check out the hottest road bike products from these brands!



















See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »


Latest RoadBike Articles


Latest Videos

RoadbikeReview on Facebook