2 busy workin' 2 hang out

Real Madrid is attempting to ruin football/soccer

That is all.
    Dictated but not read.

Gruntled
    I'm wondering how it's possible to ruin a game that features less scoring than Bent Chainring aboard a submarine.
    It's funny until someone gets hurt. Then it's hilarious.

gastarbeiter
    how are they any different than any other football club with too much money?
    We have differences but we're not made different. If you don't agree with me, you're wrong. - Clement Greenberg

The news has crashed my favorite soccer messageboard.
    Dictated but not read.

Quote Originally Posted by botto
    how are they any different than any other football club with too much money?
    They were in debt before they spent over $200 million for the rights to two players (not including salary).
    Dictated but not read.

corning my own beef
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Nazium
    I'm wondering how it's possible to ruin a game that features less scoring than Bent Chainring aboard a submarine.

BAY-UM!!

Post of the day!..... or at the very least, best post before 10:00am EDST
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People who say, "Laughter is the best medicine.." have never been on the receiving end of a morphine drip..

ноожеяз ай вщоw?
    -VaughnA

A fool and his money were damned lucky to have bumped into each other in the first place.

Lemur-ing
    Kaka has already signed.

They want to buy Villa and Ribery perhaps.

And Ronaldo is still a target.

Barcelona does something similar too. Maybe not this year though but yeah.

Fwiw, I think it's interesting to see who they manage to buy and how wide the transfer market is blown open.

All because it makes Fifa 2010 more fun for me to play honestly. I like Real but that was because Zidane and Beckham were there. Becks was my favorite player (still is) and Zizou, well, who wasn't a fan?

But, I preferred the 'underdog' Valencia because they were always there and trying. And they have done well too. Between Barca and Real? Both have no strength in depth IMO but it makes for a good game to watch when they play I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by tconrady
    If I can get some more tomorrow.... I thought it'd grow on me but I'm not feelin' it....wait..
    Allez United!

Glory, Glory Man United, and the Reds go marching on!

Quote Originally Posted by uzziefly
    Kaka has already signed.

They want to buy Villa and Ribery perhaps.

And Ronaldo is still a target.

Barcelona does something similar too. Maybe not this year though but yeah.

Fwiw, I think it's interesting to see who they manage to buy and how wide the transfer market is blown open.

All because it makes Fifa 2010 more fun for me to play honestly. I like Real but that was because Zidane and Beckham were there. Becks was my favorite player (still is) and Zizou, well, who wasn't a fan?

But, I preferred the 'underdog' Valencia because they were always there and trying. And they have done well too. Between Barca and Real? Both have no strength in depth IMO but it makes for a good game to watch when they play I suppose.
    Dude, Cristiano is gone (Ronaldo is a legend and shouldn't have his name stolen), all are left is personal terms and those will be easy.
    Dictated but not read.

Lemur-ing
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Porter
    Dude, Cristiano is gone (Ronaldo is a legend and shouldn't have his name stolen), all are left is personal terms and those will be easy.
    I didn't realize until I went to soccernet.com

Holy crap.

Well, last year, this was what I was saying: If he wants to leave, then thank you for the service, but United don't need a player who doesn't want to stay and isn't through and through United like Rooney is.

United have never been about one man and they've sold their best players several times but this is the first time they are allowing someone to leave when they don't (they as in the club) want to though. For many years at least.

So this year: Thanks, good luck and good riddance. Non commitment is the last thing a club like that needs.

Adios. Now let's see if Real can be as successful as United has these past few years and see if Ronaldo sulks if they don't win anything now.

I hope United use the money and get sufficient replacements for Scholes etc too.

Additionally, I think someone like Ribery would be a better fit, even though he's not as complete a player as Ronaldo is. But I do think he's at least more humble and grateful.
    If I can get some more tomorrow.... I thought it'd grow on me but I'm not feelin' it....wait..
    Allez United!

Twitterpated
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Porter
    The news has crashed my favorite soccer messageboard.
    Well, there's your silver lining.

Lemur-ing
    But damn, I just looked at his long range free kicks and screamers, and I realized "Oh crap. Who the hell are United gonna get to ever replace him?"

Answer: No one can.

Maybe a few can but damn, that guy can change the outcome of a game with just one leg/kick or dazzle. Holy sh!t indeed.

Kaka AND Ronaldo. I do hope United face AND beat Real next season. And Milan beat Real too fwiw.
    Allez United!

Proud luddite
    Cristiano may be FIFA's player of the year and incredibly talented, but his horrible attitude and blatant diving make me want to slap his smug little face. That is all.

Lancashire, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by uzziefly
    I but United don't need a player who doesn't want to stay and isn't through and through United like Rooney is.

Do you know something we don't ?

Wasn't he " Once a blue always a blue" as per the infamous T shirt celebration ?

The news reports over here are saying that Ronaldo will be on 200,000 A WEEK. This nothing short of obscene.

It's been coming for along time this move. Sure he'll be missed,he is but one player and others will follow...Best, Cantona, Ronaldo....

FWIW get Tevez signed, he is the team player Ronaldo never was.
    The Busby Babes.

We make a living by what we get. But we make a life by what we give. Sir Winston Churchill 1874 - 1965.

memento mori

ab aeterno
    Good ridden. I always hate watching a player that doesn't go all out and lays on the ground writhing after a tackle. I like players with character and ferocity. Someone that will let a guy take him down but runs back up like a Javier Zanetti. That guys all class.