Frog Whisperer

Riding, riding riding

actual NNC!
    over 2000 for the season (on the road, no roller miles)

I was off the bike for 2 weeks while in AK and will be off another 2 starting on the 7th (having cataract surgery) to the 21st (second eye plus a week)

My surgeon is a rider, (i specified that I was and he asked me what I ride, when I responded Waterford, he hung his head and said....."I'm a Trek guy")

Told him, "well I have 2 Trek myself"

The rest of the consult was spent discussing the TDF.

I have 688 for the month....and I feel great!

I am SOOOOOOOO excited about getting my bat-like night vision back, it has been degrading for 3 years now!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Riding, riding riding-capture.jpg  
    Last edited by Touch0Gray; 08-01-2018 at 04:39 AM.
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right.....

"There's no sense being stupid unless you show it."

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

Master debator.
    I only got out for 20 today with about 1k of climbing, and despite being hot, the humidity was low so it felt good. Love this weather. Good luck with the surgeries!
    "I felt bad because I couldn't wheelie; until I met a man with no bicycle"

RoadBikeReview Member
    When I tallied my ride today I was 2999.64. It would have been nice if I had rode another .4 of a mile. I rode 736.87 July, my biggest month in a year. I've been neglecting things lately. I've no need for an ascending log tho, as there ain't no climbing around these parts.

I been wondering if you had your eye surgery. I imagine that'll it be nice seeing like a young man again, my neighbor got to throw her glasses away after her surgery.
    Too old to ride plastic

What the what???
    761 for the month. 2005 for the year. Not too bad given my year didnít really start until early May.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Law of Headwinds states: If the ride out is easy... wait.

Boobies!
    I'm embarrassed to track my actual mileage--but once I was feeling well enough by the beginning of June, I've been trying to go out every second day (weather permitting).

The good news--some strength is coming back, and I can do my "ride' without feeling like I'm going to cough up a lung.

The bad news--I'm still fat (for me). Sitting around and not being up to exercising lets you pack on the pounds. I think I'm down about 5# since I started back riding, but would like to drop another 10...
    "A man is judged by the company he keeps, and a company is judged by the men it keeps, and the people of Democratic nations are judged by the type and caliber of officers they elect."
    William J.H. Boetcker

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by paredown View Post
    I'm embarrassed to track my actual mileage--but once I was feeling well enough by the beginning of June, I've been trying to go out every second day (weather permitting).

The good news--some strength is coming back, and I can do my "ride' without feeling like I'm going to cough up a lung.

The bad news--I'm still fat (for me). Sitting around and not being up to exercising lets you pack on the pounds. I think I'm down about 5# since I started back riding, but would like to drop another 10...
    struggling with my weight too....at the other end of the spectrum, I can't consume enough healthy calories so I have resorted to eating everything that stands still long enough!

"that was like trying to teach a goldfish how to play basketball over the phone."

RoadBikeReview Member
    771 for July and cracked the 5,000 mile mark yesterday.

not bad since I was off the bike for over a week earlier in the month, was traveling...

can't believe it's already Aug, where'd the summer go...?
    Ancient Astronaut theorists say, 'YES!'

Frog Whisperer
    Yesterday when I took off at 9:00 am, it was 63 degrees, I started with arm and leg warmers. Didn't last long but still, for pete's sake, it was July 31st!

Frog Whisperer
    Off the bike for 4 days now, 10 more to go. First surgery was Tuesday. OMG, OMG, OMG, I can see perfectly with my worst (ex worst) eye. Actually less than 3 days post surgery. I can say I was scared to death, but it was no big deal, and I am nothing but excited to get the right (dominant) done next Tuesday!

Satanic Watch Winder
    Hope things go well. I rarely drive after dark as a result of my cataract surgery. If it's not a well lit street, the star burst from oncoming cars obscure the road in front of me. I'm told such results happen although no one seems to know why. Got a second opinion at UW that said my vision was near perfect, which it is, as long as the sun's up.
    The crumbling of our wide freeways suggest a narrower vision

Only the mob and the elite can be attracted by the momentum of totalitarianism itself. The masses have to be won by propaganda.

MAKE AMERICA SMART AGAIN

Frog Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by oily666 View Post
    Hope things go well. I rarely drive after dark as a result of my cataract surgery. If it's not a well lit street, the star burst from oncoming cars obscure the road in front of me. I'm told such results happen although no one seems to know why. Got a second opinion at UW that said my vision was near perfect, which it is, as long as the sun's up.
    I was seeing some of the starburst on Wednesday night, but by last night it had gone away! Last Saturday evening, my wife and I met some friends in Delevan for dinner and I drove home (89) in the dark, I was was petrified. I knew I had to stay to the right of the oncoming lights but I had no idea where the edge of the road was. The cataracts lit up like a bright yellow screen!