Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sew cool

Non non normal
    I have a heavy duty sewing machine I borrowed to do some canvas work for duck hunting. It is for sail making and repairs as well as other heavy duty tasks. I don't have a clue how to sew but I did watch 4 videos on the use of the machine online.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." --A. Einstein

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider View Post
    I have a heavy duty sewing machine I borrowed to do some canvas work for duck hunting. It is for sail making and repairs as well as other heavy duty tasks. I don't have a clue how to sew but I did watch 4 videos on the use of the machine online.
    Sounds like fun. I have an old leather jacket that I'd love to use for stuff. Is it possible or practical to make saddle covers for bikes? My commuter bike seat has a small tear, would love to cover it up. Might just use nylon though.

Seat's not level
    Quote Originally Posted by Christine View Post
    Sounds like fun. I have an old leather jacket that I'd love to use for stuff. Is it possible or practical to make saddle covers for bikes? My commuter bike seat has a small tear, would love to cover it up. Might just use nylon though.
    It's too bad we don't know someone that can repair/recover saddles.... Recovered Saddle - Custom Bicycle Saddle Covers, Repairs and Restoration
    Bad decisions make great stories - JP

Spring is here... snowflakes are melting.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chain View Post
    It's too bad we don't know someone that can repair/recover saddles.... Recovered Saddle - Custom Bicycle Saddle Covers, Repairs and Restoration
    Oh well how about that! I'm so used to the ghetto-band-aid approach to everything

I've got two saddles that have some tears. I see that gloves are also repairable- How about ski gloves? John's got a beloved pair that he can't seem to replace.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12