Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerjulio View Post
    As I said, if Subaru sold the hatchback version, I might have considered it.

The Audi S3 is a sedan also, so not what I need, and with similar spec to the Golf R is about $8,500 more here in Canada.

The Focus RS is available only in red or blue and is a whopping $15,000 more expensive than the Golf. $60,000 vs $45,000 (loaded).

My Golf will be extremely stealthy. And as an added bonus, it turns out to be very cheap to insure.
    I almost dismissed the STI over the lack of hatch, but I've found that with the seats folded down, you get 95% of the utility of a hatch. The trunk space is much bigger than on its hatch-based counterparts. Still, I can totally understand why someone would choose the Golf R over the STI.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nealric View Post
    I almost dismissed the STI over the lack of hatch, but I've found that with the seats folded down, you get 95% of the utility of a hatch. The trunk space is much bigger than on its hatch-based counterparts.
    "this"

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    I Still, I can totally understand why someone would choose the Golf R over the STI.
    "that"

tka
    RoadBikeReview Member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Notvintage View Post
    FIRST DRIVE: 2017 Audi S3 -- Small changes make a big difference
    Google "dynamic mode" "40/60" audi tts and you can read for yourself. Audi's Haldex IS NOTING like VWs.
    It is literally the same system- just with different programming. Haldex Gen 5. There are aftermarket Haldex programming tools.

Note that the application list for the aftermarket controllers includes both VWs and Audis:

Haldex Performance Controllers | HPA Motorsports, Inc.
    I heard back from a former co-worker. He had just got back from Sweden, was over there for some development work and he got a chance to drive several Gen 5 & next Gen Haldex systems. He confirmed that the Audi S3 & Golf R systems are identical except for the programming and some mounting differences. He is now an ECU developer for BorgWarner, parent company of Haldex. I'll give you a guess on why he was in Sweden.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123