RoadBikeReview Member

Angry Slow-Kill Shelter

As an animal lover, it was gut-wrenching to hear this story on the news this morning. Even more shocking to me is the fact this occurred about 10 minutes from where I live. Apparently, the woman running this "sanctuary" meant well. But, she is now directly responsible for one of the worst cases of animal neglect/cruelty in the history of Pennsylvania.

It took a full 7 months of undercover work (by a local Humane Officer doing volunteer work!) before the SPCA was finally granted a search warrant. Only then was the true magnitude of the problem revealed. Here is a link to the article:

http://kdka.com/local/Frazer.Townshi....2.677012.html

I'm still in disbelief and plan to inquire if more volunteers are needed this weekend.

Paul
    "I think the bicycle is the best piece of exercise equipment known to man."
    -Lance Armstrong

Lets Go Hokies!!!
    nice. gotta love the hometown ladies. people make me sick.
    Its not over till you're underground

http://hokierider.blogspot.com

AYHCSMB etc.
    hmmm...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know.

Call me a Fred
    She looks like she was eating the cats. Maybe that's why there were frozen ones in the refrigerator.
    Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You may starch my jumper
    Hang it upside your wall
    You know by that, baby
    I need my ashes hauled.

Sleepy John Estes

H

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jul 2007
    Horders are metanlly ill, usually incapable of seeing any wrongdoing. In their minds, they are "rescuing" animals that, without them would have a certain worse fate. They do not see the animals sick or neglected or starving.

Still, I really have a difficult time having any sympathy for these people. I get so angry at the unending grossities and atrocities human beings are capable of.

I hate reading stuff like this. I can't bring myself to read the other thread about the animal shelter that burned down. Poor creatures.