Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RoadBikeReview Member
    I think the airline had a right to get the passengers off the plane, and do whatever it takes. What else would they do?

From what little I know, they may have a right to do this before the passengers board the plane; once seated, though, it's a different story.

Strange that they couldn't get the crew on a different airline going to the same city.

The regulation states you get 400% of your one-way fare up to a $1350 maximum if you are delayed more than 2 hours. They are allowed to give more.

Dammit now I'm wondering about all those times we were delayed and spent the entire day in an airport for even a short flight..........now, we just drive that route.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftSolo View Post
    Yep, I just don't understand why these "videographers" wait until an conversation degenerates ...
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic here or not.

My coworkers are having a conversation right now. Perhaps I should go video them in case their conversation about this morning's traffic degenerates into a brawl?

Fecal indicator
    the pax's injuries are pretty extensive...concussion, broken nose, teeth knocked out, reconstructive surgery possibly needed.

and now it seems the flight was NOT overbooked after all...oops!

gonna be a pretty decent damage award...
    the 45th POTUS is inept, corrupt, and a pathological liar. and those may be his better qualities...

biding my time
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    The rules dictate how much the airlines HAVE to pay depending on how delayed you are. The regulation states you get 400% of your one-way fare up to a $1350 maximum if you are delayed more than 2 hours. They are allowed to give more. For $1350 I would have rented a car and just driven there (this was a Chicago to Louisville flight)
    Seems like things are now changing for the better, at least at some airlines:

A [Delta] company spokesperson confirmed to CNN Money that supervisors were previously only able to offer up to $1,350, but Delta (DAL) notified them on Friday that they'll now be able to offer up to $9,950 in compensation.

Gate agents are also now authorized to offer more as well: $2,000 -- up from $800.

It's no surprise airlines would want to beef up the incentives for customers they need to bump from flights.

United Airlines is currently under immense scrutiny after a video of a passenger being dragged, bloodied and screaming, off a flight on Sunday went viral.

The airline claimed it first offered passengers $1,000 to take a later flight -- but there were no volunteers. Passengers said the offers stopped at $800.

Delta will pay passengers on overbooked flights up to $10,000 to give up a seat - Apr. 14, 2017
    System: Fake news?? Trump is a Fake President™, for god's sake.

Monk: I want to go like my Dad did – peacefully, in his sleep, not screaming in terror like his passengers.

Plat: I'd rather fellate a syphilitic goat than own a Cervelo.

EJ Dionne: Modern-day conservatism isn't conservatism. It's reaction rooted in deep pessimism that isn't in keeping with the American character.

Seam: Saw Bjork poop onstage back in the day. It blew my teenage mind.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Possible $10k for a seat, that's very smart of them. People aren't loyal to airlines, they just want the best possible deal if there's no way around being treated like cattle.

hfc
    Doesn't like subtitles
    I remember reading that the guys rationale for "declining" his removal is that he had patients to see the next day. In his case missing a day of work probably meant missing out on somewhere around $1000+, not to mention if he practices in a group, the sh!t storm his partners would have to face covering his schedule. I would have made a stink in his position as well.

I also read (in WSJ I think) that the passengers to be bumped are "randomly" chosen after considering seating area (meaning coach), check in time, and frequent flyer status. Not so random it sounds.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc View Post
    I remember reading that the guys rationale for "declining" his removal is that he had patients to see the next day. In his case missing a day of work probably meant missing out on somewhere around $1000+, not to mention if he practices in a group, the sh!t storm his partners would have to face covering his schedule. I would have made a stink in his position as well.

I also read (in WSJ I think) that the passengers to be bumped are "randomly" chosen after considering seating area (meaning coach), check in time, and frequent flyer status. Not so random it sounds.
    I dont know if he had patients to see or not but I wouldn't want to see a doctor who had his license revoked (unless I needed medically unnecessary opioids).

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    I dont know if he had patients to see or not but I wouldn't want to see a doctor who had his license revoked (unless I needed medically unnecessary opioids).
    I'm surprised this guy would still have his license. Would you seriously want to go see him if he didn't take your insurance?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12