banned

super rare Alfa Romeo

Pretty darn cool. Alfa Romeo Sprint Veloce with body by Zagato. Only 16 made.

A buddy of mine has one. I've seen it, and it's WAY cooler in person. He acquired it in the early 1970s in trade for some stereo equipment and some cash, maybe $1500. He had no idea what it was and neither did the seller. He dragged it around for 15 years or so then looked into the value. The owner of an exotic car dealer, when he heard about it, took him out onto the showroom floor and offered a one-up trade for a Ferrari 308. He declined. He eventually had offers of well over $100k, and this was in the 80s. He still has it, and I think he's practicing his resto techniques on his wife's 911 Targa. He does good work, it should come out nice.

1958 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Veloce Zagato | Monaco 2012 | RM AUCTIONS

We have met the enemy...
    Very cool

First Alfa my brother and I played around with was a late 50s coupe.

We have some regrets about not keeping it!
    "There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs."
    John Rogers

Roll Out Jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy69 View Post
    Pretty darn cool. Alfa Romeo Sprint Veloce with body by Zagato. Only 16 made.

1958 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Veloce Zagato | Monaco 2012 | RM AUCTIONS
    If you get achance you need to stop here...
    https://www.lemaymarymount.org/
    Ollie Ollie Oxen Free
    "Don't believe everything you think"

Devoid of all flim-flam
    Oh Alfa! Wherefore art thou Alfa?

I'm in love. Hold me back!
    Mapie is a conventional looking former Hollywood bon viveur, now leading a quiet life in a house made of wood by an isolated beach. He has cultivated a taste for culture, and is a celebrated raconteur amongst his local associates, who are artists, actors, and other leftfield/eccentric types. I imagine he has a telescope, and an unusual sculpture outside his front door. He is also a beach comber. The Rydster.

banned
    He's restoring it.

He has a blog.

It's not quite what I remember it as, but it's really darn cool and he is doing a fantastic job on the restoration

The Alfatross

RoadBikeReview Member
    Dec 2011
    Very cool car!

And a good time to be putting money into an old Alfa as Alfa fever is high right now with the MUCH anticipated return of Alfa Romeo in the US for 2017. Can't believe they are finally here.

Quiet, daddy's drinking
    Quote Originally Posted by KevRC4130 View Post
    Very cool car!

And a good time to be putting money into an old Alfa as Alfa fever is high right now with the MUCH anticipated return of Alfa Romeo in the US for 2017. Can't believe they are finally here.
    The Alphas have been back here for a while now. Heck, our local dealer in IOWA has five Giulia's on hand.
    Just because you won't listen to reason does not mean I have to listen to idiocy.

No collusion with the delusion

“Nationalism always breaks its promises because nationalists hate enemies in their countries more than they hate the enemies of their countries" The Guardian.