had it in the ear before

Tarpon fishin in Boca Grande pass

my bubba treated me to my annual birfday fishin trip Saturday, we went out on his buddy's 22" bay boat in Boca Grande for some tarpon fishing. This aint like any kind of fishin I've ever done before! We get out into the pass which is where Charlotte Harbor meets the Gulf of Mexico and there are about 200 boats in a half mile radius. Schools by the thousand of these monster fish are all around us boiling on top of the water and jumping in the air, some as long as 6 ft and 200+lbs. I had never seen anything like it and was really awestruck especially when I hooked into one. They dont hit the lure really hard just a subtle bump but when u feel that u have to have quick reflexes and reel in like a mad man. "Capt'n Dickey Betts" had a nice fighting chair on his boat that made it much easier when u lock the pole into the gimble but after 30 mins of pulling and reeling my tarpon cut the 80lb leader w/ his "gill plate". Most exciting fishing trip i've ever experienced, my forearms were on fire and i was exhuasted as you will see in the pixxors. Oh, and it happened to be the professional tarpon tournament ladies day so each boat had three wimmen anglers

loadin up the boat

sunrise over Charlotte Harbor

the guantlet

ladies hookin up w/ a big poon'

Miller Chill team on TV

my Bubba!

poor people livin on the water

i mean they got it ruff.

Jerm catchin some bait

oh yeah it's on!
    you might as well have gone to Taco Bell and had a Zima while dropping a blotter and snorting Tabasco. OMFG. ~ttug

had it in the ear before
    nice poon' Jerm!

gutfiddle's watermelon head gettin worn out by a badfishie

drop drop drop it like it's hot

tow'n in some broke down anglers = good karma

more lady anglers

shark chasin a caught tarpon

the end.
    you might as well have gone to Taco Bell and had a Zima while dropping a blotter and snorting Tabasco. OMFG. ~ttug

Grey Manrod
    My Monday just got instantly better.

Poseur

Nice pics!

I wired a few of those houses in those pics, not to mention the Marina and the house and docks that white yacht was docked at.
    On a somber note, a 67 year old scuba diver was lost outside the pass Saturday. Why people dive near there with all the sharks this time of year is beyond my non-diving expertise.
    "Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, it makes you lean........against bars, tables, chairs, and poles"

had it in the ear before
    Quote Originally Posted by TUT2222
    I wired a few of those houses in those pics, not to mention the Marina and the house and docks that white yacht was docked at.
    On a somber note, a 67 year old scuba diver was lost outside the pass Saturday. Why people dive near there with all the sharks this time of year is beyond my non-diving expertise.
    u must work on some high dollar cribs then, i dont know how so many ppl have so much money, but everytime i go down there I realize that money dont buy sense....

Poseur
    Quote Originally Posted by gutfiddle
    u must work on some high dollar cribs then, i dont know how so many ppl have so much money, but everytime i go down there I realize that money dont buy sense....
    lol, yes. Common sense doesn't really factor in to a lot of the homeowners. The saying here is that "the billionaires are pushing out the millionaires".
    And if by sense, you are talking about the Tarpon tournaments, there's a lot of yelling and screaming at each other going on. Like you saw, having all those boats in that small area is just asking for arguments. Especially with some of the prize money involved.
    "Drinking beer doesn't make you fat, it makes you lean........against bars, tables, chairs, and poles"

Shirtcocker
    Is that Hincapie to the right?

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

had it in the ear before
    Quote Originally Posted by TUT2222
    lol, yes. Common sense doesn't really factor in to a lot of the homeowners. The saying here is that "the billionaires are pushing out the millionaires".
    And if by sense, you are talking about the Tarpon tournaments, there's a lot of yelling and screaming at each other going on. Like you saw, having all those boats in that small area is just asking for arguments. Especially with some of the prize money involved.
    HA! that's for sure, especially the professional guides in the tournament get pissy when you hook up a fish right near their boat. One guy was yelling at us "that's not how we do it down here" and my redneck brother from mulberry yelled back, "that's how we do it in Polk County, LET'S DO THIS!" so it got krazy at times but was the most exciting/fun fishin trip i've had. One of the girls in a nearby boat asked if i needed help reelin it in i said "it aint like pullin a crappie up w/ a canepole thats fer sure"

Shirtcocker
    "it aint like pullin a crappie up w/ a canepole thats fer sure"

As easy as sliding off a greasy log backward. Even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then. Sun don't shine on the same dog's tail all the time.
    "I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

chaff
    my bubba treated me to my annual birfday fishin trip Saturday, ...

you poast a lot of pix
    Against logic there is no armor like ignorance.
    - Laurence J. Peter

the fist
    hubba, hubba!

i go. beep. beep. beep. beep.
    Last edited by JohnHenry; 08-27-2008 at 10:57 AM.
    FlexiSexual

had it in the ear before
    i am crispy fried sunburnt, oohhh it huwts i put sunblock on twice and still got scorched, well everywhere that wasnt tanned already from cycling. girlfriend + aloe vera + beer tonight....

//shimano reels pwn campy

Rep *****.
    Quote Originally Posted by teh moreon
    hubba, hubba!

i go. beep. beep. beep. beep.
    Their boobs look fake.

Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
    Chicks dig boats. My wife still has the world record in African Pompano.
    Just fast enough to know I am slow.

Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
    Quote Originally Posted by firstrax
    Their boobs look fake.
    AND your point is?
    Just fast enough to know I am slow.

had it in the ear before
    Quote Originally Posted by jupiterrn
    Chicks dig boats. My wife still has the world record in African Pompano.
    pixxor?

had it in the ear before
    Quote Originally Posted by firstrax
    Their boobs look fake.
    why do you hate wimmen?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tarpon fishin in Boca Grande pass-pic20l.jpg   Tarpon fishin in Boca Grande pass-pic10l.jpg  

I like Chicken
    Nice pics, Awesome fish all the way round.
    Most of the gals we know schedule C sections whether they need them or not nowadays to keep their cooter from gettin torn up but I say you can't hurt them things, they're made of hognose material.

had it in the ear before
    oooohhh i'm itching like crazy and peeling like a snake, sunburns are teh suxxor!

Always changing.....
    oooohhh i'm itching like crazy and peeling like a snake, sunburns are teh suxxor!

Real cool pics gut; looked like a blast. Who got the fish in that one pic; the shark or the fisher?