RoadBikeReview Member

TMB Memorial BBQ And Bike Ride

I don't post much anymore, but thought I'd toss up the few pictures I have of the annual TMB ride that started here years ago.

Don't let all the old, fat people fool you, these muthers can ride. They also know how to have a great time. I hope the others in attendance post up their pictures. TMB is one helluva host, and atpjunkie is one helluva a cook, BigBill tells me he packs a mean set of diapers on top of knowing how to run a nuclear reactor. They all know how to ride. Best weekend in a long time, thanks everyone.

Big is relative
    Just to be clear, I'm a packaging engineer at a plant that makes diapers. It's much easier than nuclear power.
    Retired sailor

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
    Just to be clear, I'm a packaging engineer at a plant that makes diapers. It's much easier than nuclear power.
    I still say he fills diapers.

NTTAWWT

waterproof*
    wait... "memorial" ? did I totally miss the passing of a lownjer?
    * posted by Creakybot 2013 all rights reserved.
    * not actually waterproof.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Creakyknees View Post
    wait... "memorial" ? did I totally miss the passing of a lownjer?
    Only in name, he can be seen wearing a 'Drunk Cyclist' jersey in some photos.

It became the 'Memorial' ride when one year 'work' kept him from attending his own ride. What is it with folks from the GWN and work ethics?

You have to be quick witted, TMB no longer posts, I am 'Z' Mudshark...a take off on:
    Last edited by zmudshark; 04-25-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Frog Whisperer
    one of these days...I'm gonna be there....

and i'll have gps so I can find my way back when I get spit out the back.......
    Of course I'm sure...that doesn't mean I'm right......

RoadBikeReview Member
    Eric, I got tired of asking you, but you are always welcome and I have bikes that fit midgets ;)

Edit: Eric, I have a choice of smaller frames that would fit you, so you wouldn't have to ship. Some may even have Campy 10s on them ;)
    Last edited by zmudshark; 04-25-2013 at 06:32 PM.

We have met the enemy...
    Look ma, it's warm enough to ride outside with short sleeve jerseys somewhere in the country. Color me jealous!

TMB was one of the members who made me feel welcome when I started posting (along with Dave Hickey in the Retro section)--and we are separated by one degree--friends in common--although we have not met IRL.

Looks like fun!
    "When the spirits are low, when the day appears dark, when work becomes monotonous, when hope hardly seems worth having, just mount a bicycle and go out for a spin down the road, without thought on anything but the ride you are taking."

(Sir) Arthur Conan Doyle. Scientific American, January 18, 1896

Windrider (Stubborn)

TMB Memorial BBQ And Bike Ride

One of these years I'll get there.

Great group to ride with.

Len

"Evil....is the complete lack of Empathy!"

""We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. " Aristotle

No one is as bad as the worst thing they have done & no one is as good as the best thing they have done.........think of that when you feel like you understand someone.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Wha'? My invite musta got lost in the mail. Looks like fun.
    You'd think we were here for something other than fun. - Ishmael

RoadBikeReview Member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zmudshark View Post
    I still say he fills diapers.

NTTAWWT
    chuckle chuckle.

jaded bitter joy crusher
    There are too many TMBs. I opened this thread thinking someone had thrown a funny penguin on the barbie.
    Anything that doesn't take years of your life and drive you to suicide hardly seems worth doing. ---- Cormac McCarthy

A man can get disouraged many times, but he is not a failure until he begins to blame somebody else and stops trying --- John Burroughs

Get me to In&Out
    Was this Phoenix or Tucson?
    Cyclists really need to learn a little Rule #5.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Mar 2006
    4th (?) year for me - can't tell you how much fun we have. Zmud and TMB do a great job. Great to escape cold and dreary Philly for AZ.

RoadBikeReview Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spookyload View Post
    Was this Phoenix or Tucson?
    Phoenix environs.

Big is relative
    The first day we rode (friday) had a bunch of climbing (around 2800 feet) including several double digit grades and a really long descent where ATP Junkie and I rode off from the group at 35+ mph sustained over several miles. We stopped for crepes and coffee before the really steep climbs near the end. I was glad I had a 12-27 cassette. That night at TMB's while eating pizza cooked on a grill and sipping a really great British Ale, I considered that day one of the best riding days of my life.
    Retired sailor

Not Banned
    and note: I fatted on the days DIDN'T wear a lounge kit
    was fun riding and cooking with ya'll
    was a great weekend, and I'm glad I went Jacky Durand and forced Magnus to chase me for 3 miles through the streets of FV
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

Not Banned
    Jaep you'd love this gang. It is great riding, I don't mind the hills, but I mind them when it is hot. On Saturday after a long hard ride some guys said 'hey let's add another climbing loop" and it is 12:30 we're 3 hrs in and it is now 90 and there ain't a drop of shade. 2/3rds the way up the climb my rhythm was interrupted by the faint sound of 4 litres of Stone Beer calling me home. I look over my shoulder and notice John and Bill spinning a U Turn. Hmmmm they must have heard it as well. One of the better decisions I've made of late
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

Big is relative
    Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie View Post
    Jaep you'd love this gang. It is great riding, I don't mind the hills, but I mind them when it is hot. On Saturday after a long hard ride some guys said 'hey let's add another climbing loop" and it is 12:30 we're 3 hrs in and it is now 90 and there ain't a drop of shade. 2/3rds the way up the climb my rhythm was interrupted by the faint sound of 4 litres of Stone Beer calling me home. I look over my shoulder and notice John and Bill spinning a U Turn. Hmmmm they must have heard it as well. One of the better decisions I've made of late
    Jaep would fit in well, it would be nice to have another tall body for the paceline. On the Saturday route, when my dad live in Scottsdale, I used to ride from the top of that climb so every ride involved climbing that hill to get home. I remember it being hot, a slight tailwind so it was even hotter, nothing to see but houses, and the descent wasn't that great with traffic lights and stop signs. It was an easy decision for me. I figured you were sacrificing your ride time in the name of quality bbq ribs.
    Retired sailor

Slightly Opinionated
    All you californians...

We should do an east coast RBR ride...
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrider View Post
    Teh Lounge- "Its not just for weirdos anymore. It is for those trying to escape the noobsauce questions."
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiQuaeQuod View Post
    Trolling the lounge is like noodling for piranha.

The Daily Grind Cycling Journal & Tailwind Coaching

RoadBikeReview Member
    Some of you losers should post up your pictures here, to!