Thread: Uncle Wingman

Born from Jorts®

Thumbs up Uncle Wingman

I took my 16 year old nephew and two of my adult friends to the outdoor HW Bowl last night to see LCD Soundsystem and Arcade Fire. We had a "box" which is a small enclosure for 4 seats with a built in table. Wine bottles and box dinners welcome.

During the set break, 2 cute teenage girls poached an empty box in front of us. Eventually the people showed up who belonged there and they booted the chicas. I immediately grabbed 'em and told them to sit with us. My two buddies had gone to get food but I told the girls no one was using our other 2 seats. The girls turned out to be the same age as my nephew (eeks!) and immediately hit it off. My work here is done. So I left my seat, found my buddies and told them we had to stall and stand for a while and let the kid work it. He came through, got digits, and we later returned to the box and the three kids took off to walk around together. All was good under the bright half-moon.

LCD and Arcade Fire were pretty freakin' good. Arcade Fire puts so much energy into their set it seems they could power their own amps with human wattage. If that's possible. I'm not sure if it is. Someone look into that.

Bonuses inlcuded Rainn "Dwight Schrute" Wilson and his wife rocking out next to us during the show and talking to Arcade singer Win Butler backstage afterwards. The kid was stoked... Uncle Wingman delivered.

Shirtcocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood

Bonuses inlcuded Rainn "Dwight Schrute" Wilson and his wife rocking out next to us during the show and talking to Arcade singer Win Butler backstage afterwards.
    I wonder if he paid for the show using "Schrute Bucks?"

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark." -S. Hawking

Lemur-ing
    I took my 16 year old nephew and two of my adult friends to the outdoor HW Bowl last night to see LCD Soundsystem and Arcade Fire. We had a "box" which is a small enclosure for 4 seats with a built in table. Wine bottles and box dinners welcome.

During the set break, 2 cute teenage girls poached an empty box in front of us. Eventually the people showed up who belonged there and they booted the chicas. I immediately grabbed 'em and told them to sit with us. My two buddies had gone to get food but I told the girls no one was using our other 2 seats. The girls turned out to be the same age as my nephew (eeks!) and immediately hit it off. My work here is done. So I left my seat, found my buddies and told them we had to stall and stand for a while and let the kid work it. He came through, got digits, and we later returned to the box and the three kids took off to walk around together. All was good under the bright half-moon.

LCD and Arcade Fire were pretty freakin' good. Arcade Fire puts so much energy into their set it seems they could power their own amps with human wattage. If that's possible. I'm not sure if it is. Someone look into that.

Bonuses inlcuded Rainn "Dwight Schrute" Wilson and his wife rocking out next to us during the show and talking to Arcade singer Win Butler backstage afterwards. The kid was stoked... Uncle Wingman delivered.
    Your nephew's gonna thank you someday...

Uncle wingman really sounds like you're the wingman for your nephew. Nice one.
    Quote Originally Posted by tconrady
    If I can get some more tomorrow.... I thought it'd grow on me but I'm not feelin' it....wait..
    Allez United!

Glory, Glory Man United, and the Reds go marching on!

Genitive Declensioner
    The kid was stoked... Uncle Wingman delivered.
    huge karma points.....you are now due for a random act of female kindness...
    Big Fan of the Callipygian Way
    "The collards tore my wife's stomach up and with her being pregnant and constipated it made for a smelly ride to the cabin in north Georgia." -gut
    "The term "steeping" brings to mind "tea-bagging" and, on far too many levels, I'm simply not comfortable with that." -antonio_b
    "People think maggots are a bad thing, but I'll bet they ate most of the feces he has been sitting in for the last two years. Go maggots! -Mohair

Born from Jorts®
    Quote Originally Posted by svend
    huge karma points.....you are now due for a random act of female kindness...
    Man I hope so, 'bout overdue here in these parts...

HW - waiting patiently, fogging window.

Sticky Valentine
    Good work. I've discovered that I'm a pretty darn good wingman, but am no good whatsoever being the... uh.... whatever the other guy is called.

joe
    'They say gold paint on the palace gates comes from the teeth of pensioners
    They're so tired of shooting protest singers that they hardly mention us
    While fountains fill with second-hand perfume and sodden trading stamps
    They'll hang the bullies and the louts that dampen down the day" - EC

Genitive Declensioner
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDaddio
    Good work. I've discovered that I'm a pretty darn good wingman, but am no good whatsoever being the... uh.... whatever the other guy is called.

joe
    the other guy is typically referred to simply as Teh Man..
    Big Fan of the Callipygian Way
    "The collards tore my wife's stomach up and with her being pregnant and constipated it made for a smelly ride to the cabin in north Georgia." -gut
    "The term "steeping" brings to mind "tea-bagging" and, on far too many levels, I'm simply not comfortable with that." -antonio_b
    "People think maggots are a bad thing, but I'll bet they ate most of the feces he has been sitting in for the last two years. Go maggots! -Mohair

Not Banned

well played

see that's what kids need is the wily elder to teach them some game

kudos to you and the crew for helping thhe kid out

now teach him how to finish
    one nation, under surveillance with liberty and justice for few

still not figgering on biggering

S2H
    wut?
    I'd hit it.

Born from Jorts®
    Quote Originally Posted by atpjunkie
    now teach him how to finish
    he's a good looking kid. When I returned, both girls were gaga over him. He'll close it ;)

//Unless Scotty beats him to it.

//S2H: stick to your barely-legal Swiss, ya perv.

i like whiskey
    Bonuses inlcuded Rainn "Dwight Schrute" Wilson and his wife rocking out next to us during the show and talking to Arcade singer Win Butler backstage afterwards.
    Arcade Fire was the musical guest when Rainn Wilson hosted SNL, IIRC.

Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
    I was just at the overlook near Outpost yesterday shooting pixts. I heard them warming up the sound-system and wondered what they were doing that night.

You did good, Hwood.

"He groaned when we hung the rope over the tree but was relieved to see the white pinata."
    -- Gut